It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update! Officer challenging Obama's eligibility can't see evidence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Regarding your ETA,

Perhaps Larkin is considering more than just himself.

The options you noted would be the logical things to do if was only considering himself, but he could be considering more than that. I don't know what he is thinking, but if he were considering interests other than his own then those might be a reason for his staying of the course even though there exists the option to resign.

I wonder if he is part of some conspiracy of officers - sent to take one for the team in attempt to gain decisive intel...

(...I'm on the right site for conspiracy speculation I hope
)

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracer7
There has yet to be a legal determination of the potus standing.

Yes there has, which is why Obama was sworn in as the POTUS

I am not on either side I just want to see a fair examination of the records to finally resolve the issue.

Yet you never asked to see any previous Presidents birth certificate.... so you are a birther!

Obama supporters will say even if he proves it birthers will not end, but that is garbage. why not prove it and be done with it?

Obama HAS proved it, he even posted his birth certificate - something no previous POTUS has done, but the birthers have not stopped and are still whining!

[edit on 3/9/10 by dereks]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I do not have the same level of legal knowledge as you so you'll have to forgive my ignorance...but it is my understanding that he can not just walk away from his commitment. This hearing may provide him that option but as of right now would it not be completely rational to assume that the military does not wish to release him and that this is a possible attempt to set an example?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I'm kind of confused as to what difference it's going to make at this point anyway?

Say it comes out that his BC was fake and he wasn't really born in the US. Okay, you win. What then? Biden becomes President? And exactly what would change? Or would you all then scramble for McCain to be put in?
I guess I'm just not seeing the intentions here. Or is it just about the "see, I told you so" factor?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Interesting piece

I do wonder is Lakin completly acting on his own or is he secretly representing a lot more 'troops'?

Other interesting piece in the article;

"The decision came just days after a retired U.S. Air Force lieutenant general who commanded forces armed with nuclear weapons said the disclosure of Obama's documentation is not just critical to Lakin's defense, but to the preservation of the nation itself"

www.wnd.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

OH HO HO! The plot thickens!

Good eye!

Yeah, I am starting to think they are attempting to quell dissent and make an example outta this guy.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

this guy might be about to make an example outta them.

Nobody likes bullies.

If you see somebody getting bullied, you get all your mates together and confront the bully.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I used to love America...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Touche! I didn't think about that...

That seems like a very bold move for a Lt Col though... and if that is what he's doing then he has much larger things in mind besides defeating a court martial.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

As Obama was Elected by the Electoral College, confirmed by the Senate and sworn in by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, doesn't that make Obama the POTUS and thus the legal commander in chief of the armed forces of these United States?

Not saying I want this guy to get in any trouble mind you, I think he should just be sent home. If he doesn't want to be in the military he should just quit.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Birthers, have some fun - look up the following court case from the US District Court, Middle District of Georgia, Columbus Division for a fantastic explanation as to why judges are simply throwing out cases involving using the POTUS's origin as a legal defense:

Rhodes v. MacDonald, Case No. 4:09-CV-106 (CDL), Filed 16 Sep 2009

From the judge's ruling on the case:

The Court observes that the President defeated seven opponents in a grueling campaign for his party’s nomination that lasted more than eighteen months and cost those opponents well over $300 million. See Federal Election Commission, Presidential Pre-Nomination Campaign Disbursements Dec. 31, 2008, www.fec.gov... (last visited Sept. 15, 2009). Then the President faced a formidable opponent in the general election who received $84 million to conduct his general election campaign against the President. Press Release, Federal Election Commission, 2008 Presidential Campaign Financial Activity Summarized (June 8, 2009), available at www.fec.gov... It would appear that ample opportunity existed for discovery of evidence that would support any contention that the President was not eligible for the office he sought.

Furthermore, Congress is apparently satisfied that the President is qualified to serve. Congress has not instituted impeachment proceedings, and in fact, the House of Representatives in a broad bipartisan manner has rejected the suggestion that the President is not eligible for office. See H.R. Res. 593, 111th Cong. (2009) (commemorating, by vote of 378-0, the 50th anniversary of Hawaii’s statehood and stating, “the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama, was born in Hawaii on August 4, 1961”).

Is that black-and-white enough for you? The Congress that you are calling on to impeach him has unanimously declared, for the public record, that he was born in the US. Get up, get over it, move on.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

Thank you for posting this information. To those of us that know that this entire birther crap is a bunch of garbage it is nice to see. I am afraid however that birthers have about zero interest in finding out the truth, and so they will ignore your post completely and instead just blather and foam at the mouth about whatever moronic thing they can ignorantly manage to type. No matter how many times people show them actual facts, they ignore it.

But thank you anyway for bringing this up.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

I will be happy to show you my passport or any other document you would like me to feed you, all you have to do is PM me for that map!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

That is a very good question! I am a birther and proud to be! For all who think that the only reason is because I don’t like Obama or he is not who I voted for, let me say I don’t care who or what you are. If you don’t meet the qualifications for the job you should not be in it. If you cannot provide the proof or refuse to, you should not be in the position.

I think that there should be a re-election! because every one of his party should be hung! Period. They all are guilty by association. Don’t think for one second that this whole thing was an accident. It was well planed out right through the vetting process. If there is going to be change we need to have open elections with out the need to belong to a party!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Furthermore, Congress is apparently satisfied that the President is qualified to serve. Congress has not instituted impeachment proceedings, and in fact, the House of Representatives in a broad bipartisan manner has rejected the suggestion that the President is not eligible for office. See H.R. Res. 593, 111th Cong. (2009) (commemorating, by vote of 378-0, the 50th anniversary of Hawaii’s statehood and stating, “the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama, was born in Hawaii on August 4, 1961”).

Is that black-and-white enough for you? The Congress that you are calling on to impeach him has unanimously declared, for the public record, that he was born in the US. Get up, get over it, move on.

No! All that says to me is that congress is not doing its job and is most likely a part of the issue, or too lazy to have to deal with the outcome!

When the documents are provided to satisfy the constitutional requirements, not the short forms, but ACCEPTABLE PROOF. Acceptable to the hundreds of thousands of citizens who feel more proof is needed. Then and only then it will be Black and white enough for US.

[edit on 9/3/10 by xyankee]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
"It could be embarrressing to the president." And he is more important than our whole country? If, he is in fact not elligable, how much damage has this imposter done? Seems to me, that the military would want to know if they are following the lawful comander in chief.....ah but I guess being PC is more important now days......way to go. At least I didn't have to serve under him....don't think I actually could have.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
In this particular case, I am amazed that a judge can simply say basically find another defense to the defendant. Lakin is not the one filing the complaint here. The charges are against him.

So, is the court suggesting that he simply fabricate a new defense? Lie?

Yes, that should hold up well in court... He might as well just start packing his prison ruck right now.

Lakin's service record is stellar and he assumed a massive risk by taking the action that he did. He is also not alone in his views amongst his fellow service members.

This certainly is not over yet. There is definitely something large lurking just below the surface here....

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

Maybe you and Orly Taitz should present the evidence that the world is waiting for and clear this poor man. I really feel sorry for you and the rest of the "birther movement."

I think that what the judge was saying is that a military court is no place to entertain a decision regarding the eligibility or legitimacy of any POTUS and I believe that the ruling was correct.

If a military court did indeed rule that a POTUS was ineligible, what would their next course of action be, a coup de tant? There is a very good reason why our constitution dictates that there be three branches of government, each with their own set of rules and responsibilities.

If the responsibility lies with Congress and they have made a ruling on the subject then get over it! I don't believe there are any statutes, state or federal, that mandate the POTUS to individually prove his legitimacy to you, Orly Taitz or the rest of the nutty birther movement.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

I think that there should be a re-election! because every one of his party should be hung! Period.

HOLY HELL! What is your major malfunction? So you think that every registered Democrat should be rounded up and hung? Really? Seriously what is wrong with you?

Basically no trial, no jury, just hung. That's just great. What kind of sick twisted individual are you?

No! All that says to me is that congress is not doing its job and is most likely a part of the issue, or too lazy to have to deal with the outcome!

They dealt with the outcome. Just because less than 1% of the people don't like that outcome doesn't mean anything, fact is birthers are just insane!

When the documents are provided to satisfy the constitutional requirements, not the short forms, but ACCEPTABLE PROOF. Acceptable to the hundreds of thousands of citizens who feel more proof is needed. Then and only then it will be Black and white enough for US.

Birthers are just insane. The POTUS nor the Congress nor the SCOTUS have to give you anything. Sorry. Life is unfair, especially when you are on the wrong side of the argument.

This issue has been dealt with, just because you don't like the outcome doesn't mean you can waste everyone's time with this moronic, stupid, asinine, pathetic, retarded, idiotic, useless pseudo conspiracy theory.

reply to post by jibeho

Basically the judge is saying "Your case is bull [snip] pick a better one". The guy should just be sent out on a section 8.

[edit on 9/3/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Actually, the Birth Certificate would be nice, but he still was not a lawful citizen because his father was a British National at that time so he was considered a British Citizen. Not an American!

President Obama must have something to hide because he has not let any of his past records be seen by anyone! Nine people were arrested because they accessed his student loan records! WTH?

Do some research if you don't believe me.

Also missing (locked away) are his Columbia University records, Columbia thesis, Harvard Law School records, Harvard Law Review articles, scholarly articles from the University of Chicago, passport, medical records, files from his years as an Illinois state senator, his Illinois State Bar Association records, any baptism records and his adoption records.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join