It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Ignorant And Proud.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have been a member since May 20 2008 and I think its about time to do an intro thread to better describe myself.(whatever myself actually is)

I have realized my ignorance and also realized how happy I am about being ignorant.
I am very aware of the world we live in and struggle to understand it everyday.
Why am I ignorant??

1.I do not know the difference between left and right or a Democrat or Republican...yet I feel CENTRED by that piece of ignorance.
I am the minority because of that.

2.I have no idea what Christina Aguillara looks like or many other celebrities everyone seems to talk about and am the minority for it.
I don't care about Justin Bieber or other hyped up celebrity crap???

3.I have never seen Star wars.(be easy on me guys lol)Special effects do not attract me nor does the people raving about it.
I just simply have no interest in that and I am the minority for it.

4.I do not know what it is like to NEED a car like i was told I would and should when i was young.
I am the minority in this case as well.

5.I didn't get proper id til i was 28 yet was still able to find the loopholes to have a bank account for work.My thought process is,if i want to know who i am I look in the mirror,I know what my name is.If you want to know then ask....if you need a piece of paper because you don't believe me,then this business relationship is worth discarding because of trust issues.
A minority yet again.

(i used affidavits that banks were scared to refuse because it came from a justice of the peace...no ID)

So am i ignorant or was ignorance denied??

I simply choose to walk to the beat of my own drum.

DrumsRfun.(pun intended)

Thanks for letting me express myself.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
other than number 5 you could have described me.
I'd say we're cleaver but we're clueless

JAK

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

A belated welcome DrumsRfun.

Political indifference... refusal to indulge in celebrity cuture... difference of social perspective regarding personal automotive transport as a necessity/rite of passage... refusal to play ball with Da Man... These are all open to criticism referencing social interaction/participation.

But never having seen Star Wars? Really. This is just too much. Have the proper authorities been informed?

Pleased to meet you DrumsRfun.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GummB

I choose clueless but making progress.
Your website doesn't seem to be available by the way,I just had a look and the page was unavailable.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK

But never having seen Star Wars? Really. This is just too much. Have the proper authorities been informed?

Pleased to meet you DrumsRfun.

I confess to my 21st century sin.

I am actually a very social person,I am just picky and opinionated.

Nice to meet you as well and thanks for the welcome.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
5.I didn't get proper id til i was 28 yet was still able to find the loopholes to have a bank account for work.My thought process is,if i want to know who i am I look in the mirror,I know what my name is.If you want to know then ask....if you need a piece of paper because you don't believe me,then this business relationship is worth discarding because of trust issues.
A minority yet again.

Nothing wrong with being a maverick, but there may well come a time (trust me...before you know it) when you'll wish your Canada Pension had been topped up to the max. That aside, always good to see another Canuck on board.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Gee, even if your thread title had been sincere - you've been around ATS long enough you'd have plenty of company!

Ingnorance denied, mosdef.

gj

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I see it more as living a "Charmed" life. My happiest moments were at a time I had nothing and slept on the floor of my own (perceived) space. Every time I found my own space I filled it by my imagination; it is amazing the accumulation habits of humans. My campaign against accumulation was to start giving everything away. It it did not have a purpose then I had no use for it and it had to go.

I have given households worth of furniture away. I have given musical instruments away. Garden Equipment. I have also given several cars away. I am certain I gave my heart away several times.

Once I went seven years without a vehicle and only rode on public transportation. Eventually I knew I would have to drive again so I had to get my driver's license back; they issued me a series of numbers and 666-01 (yikes!) So close and yet so far I have fallen! LOL

I don't think keeping it simple is ignorant at all, protecting your sense of innocence is just as important as it is to keeping it simple.

I have never seen a Freddy Kruger movie, or a Jason (Friday 13th), nor the little Chuckie doll. I just do not watch horror unless it has Sci Fi attached to it, but even then I cannot see much violence before it effects me. I have never played Pac-Man or Centipede, and any evolutionary Game software to come from those days. I have never participated in shooting anything in an alternate reality, alien or otherwise; I have never built Armies to conquer the Galaxy. I only recently watched 'Star Wars', I liked 'Dune' both in book and film much better.

I too cannot tell the difference between Party lines. I do not vote as I do not believe it is real. I believe I have conservative viewpoints.

Yeah I live a Charmed life, who could ask to be alive at such a critical time for Man! I think my next vehicle should be a goat-cart.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
NO STAR WARS! OMG, crazy, your missing out. ill let you barrow it if you want. its will help out with your ignorance of good films

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

thanks for trying to look... it is to be inserted directly as is written, no www

edit
I hope you do look now though because my latest piece really puts a smile on my face..Robot Sale

[edit on 2-9-2010 by GummB]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GummB

I did look at your site.
I really love the randomness piece and the fly looked very cool.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and the kind words.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I cant help but agree with you on many of those same issues, such as celebrity going ons etc. Those things are part of the materialistic things..
Personally, i believe family and what makes you, as a person, happy.. those things truly matter.
Hi

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Enjoyed your introduction.

I've been seeing you around this place since you joined.

You seem to be a delightful person with proper priorities.

Nice to meet you.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Nice to meet you too...sorry it has taken me this long.

new topics

top topics

join