It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The plastic people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I came across this great video on youtube today. It deals with the false perceptions that people have of themselves and how many us have become "plastic People" - fake, ruled by the ego, and having no sense of true identity.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
How depressing ,I like these surreal honest clips it makes me want to burn everything i own even though thats not much,it also shows how messed up humans have become.Good stuff!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The guy who made that video seriously needs to get over 'fight club' already. He's not smart enough to pull it off.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
We have this guy to thank for this....

Edward Louis Bernays (November 22, 1891 – March 9, 1995, was an American pioneer in the field of public relations and propaganda along with Ivy Lee, referred to in his obituary as "the father of public relations".[1] Combining the ideas of Gustave Le Bon and Wilfred Trotter on crowd psychology with the psychoanalytical ideas of his uncle, Dr. Sigmund Freud, Bernays was one of the first to attempt to manipulate public opinion using the subconscious.

en.wikipedia.org...

When you see an ad that says "three out of four doctors recommend brand X, that's Bernays.

When you see an ad that uses sex to sell a product, that's Bernays.

When you read about master propagandist Joseph Goebbels, and the rise of the Third Reich, know that Goebbels was a fan of Bernays' work, and kept a copy of "Propaganda" in his library.

A quote from his 1928 book, "Propaganda"...

The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. ...We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society. ...In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons...who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind.

The key to breaking out of your plastic prison, is knowing who locked you inside, and how they did it.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

I agree, and would just like to add that another vitally important tool for breaking free from manipulation is the accumulation of knowledge. You can be aware of outside influences subtly molding your perceptions on various issues, but unless you know the true nature of these issues then you are rather powerless to engage them.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Yeah, let it hit the fan. Free the slaves, free yourselves. The only way for everyone to get it, to understand, is for this to happen. It's sad, because there are so many innocents, so many young souls that do not deserve this. None of us deserve it, but somehow, I know it's got to happen. Chaos has to break out, people need to run amuck, the dollar needs to vanish.

All in all, whether something goes down or not, it is and will be a sad affair. Why did it have to come to this?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Listen to the song...or the album for that matter.

top topics

join