It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Majestic Plastic Bag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hey ATS I came across this clever mockumentary that I thought I would share.

The video pretty much speaks for itself and takes a different angle to explain a major problem.

Take a look.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I've always heard about the garbage whirlpool in the Pacific, but I had no idea it was larger than the size of Texas! Hearing that made me want to cry! How could anyone allow for the production of plastic to continue!?

Maybe people should start boycotting anything that is plastic, but then that would include bottles, most medical equipment, many household appliances, laptops...

Somehow, living in this material world makes me feel so helpless.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
I've always heard about the garbage whirlpool in the Pacific, but I had no idea it was larger than the size of Texas! Hearing that made me want to cry! How could anyone allow for the production of plastic to continue!?

Maybe people should start boycotting anything that is plastic, but then that would include bottles, most medical equipment, many household appliances, laptops...

Somehow, living in this material world makes me feel so helpless.

Yea I read somewhere that in America alone we use enough plastic water bottles per year to wrap around the world 10 times.

Just think of all the other products that are encased in plastic

It really is a horrible thing.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by TV_Nation]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I cannot believe I have never heard about this before today.

We are a vile, disgusting animal and we deserve to be wiped off of this planet.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation
Hey ATS I came across this clever mockumentary that I thought I would share.

The video pretty much speaks for itself and takes a different angle to explain a major problem.

Take a look.

the Plastic Bag's final resting place in the pacific ocean are hell for those helpless sea creatures and there's more plastic bags than all 7 billions of humans as if all 7 billions of humans are stands together to covers squares of area, the area that they covers are no bigger than Texas while the place full of plastic bag in the mid of Pacific ocean are bigger than Texas

[edit on 2/9/2010 by masonicon]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This current world order is powered by plastics / oil.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7Maybe people should start boycotting anything that is plastic, but then that would include bottles, most medical equipment, many household appliances, laptops...

Banning plastic manufacturing outright is overkill for some of the very reasons you mention. Ultimately, it's a matter of good stewardship across the board - manufacturers should be using as much recycle material as possible and limiting the product of "new" plastic as much as possible, there should be universal recycling programs on a community level, and consumers should have the discipline to actually take advantage of those programs.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero

Originally posted by leira7Maybe people should start boycotting anything that is plastic, but then that would include bottles, most medical equipment, many household appliances, laptops...

Banning plastic manufacturing outright is overkill for some of the very reasons you mention. Ultimately, it's a matter of good stewardship across the board - manufacturers should be using as much recycle material as possible and limiting the product of "new" plastic as much as possible, there should be universal recycling programs on a community level, and consumers should have the discipline to actually take advantage of those programs.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. As it stands now there is no way to break away from our dependence on plastic products. I think that not enough emphasis is centered on recycling. In my area you have to pay to have recycling picked up or you have to drive it up to the recycling center if you want to be responsible for your waste that can be given another life.

You would think that recycling programs would be a top priority but sadly they aren't in most places.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I hate plastic bags. Whenever I see one on the ground or flying in the air, I chase it and pick it up. I also hate balloons, especially when I see the helium ones blowing off in the wind. Those are two huge pet peeves of mine.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

I agree I can't stand when people release a bunch of balloons into the air for a ceremony or other events.

I know it is supposed to be a gesture that has symbolism but it's just not a good thing when you really think about it.

top topics

join