It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Breaking" hostage situation in the discovery building "Washington"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
i wonder why this guy came unglued....he was probably mad at the discovery channel for airing an episode of ants in his pants or something...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by YourPopRock

i predict you are right

i usualy correct my self after i post something
but its not a professional email
that i write to working collegues
or any VP's
i can write those email without any mistakes

on ATS i just want to write my opinion
share some emotions etc ...
i edit often my post so anglophone people dont think i want to mess with their language
i learned english at 15yrs old now im almost 30 and .. i still have issue
my writing skills is better than my french accent i have

thanks to let me know that i still have to improve my english

i try my best .. sorry that my english is not at a level you want

i love your mister bean avatar by the way

stars for that

I am glad you took it in the wise-guy spirit that I meant it to be in.

If we can't have fun with ourselves and each other on these boards then we all start taking things WAY too seriously!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

That is just dumb. That't why ATS sucks so bad someone always has to come up with some conspiracy theory! I hope I get banned from this site because I can't stand being here. The man is crazy, he held hostages, was shot by the police and that's your story folks! That's it, that's all it will ever be. Just another nut job that was thankfully taken off of the streets. Not a conspiracy, not CIA assassin and not a government op. Gosh. Go get a life already. Why are you doing this much research on him? Why do you care so much?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by southeastshooter
That't why ATS sucks so bad someone always has to come up with some conspiracy theory! I hope I get banned from this site because I can't stand being here.

So, you're somehow forced to come here unless you get banned? Try maybe just not logging in. Maybe go to a runners forum next, and complain that everybody there likes to discuss running...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

That't why ATS sucks so bad someone always has to come up with some conspiracy theory! I hope I get banned from this site because I can't stand being here.

So, you're somehow forced to come here unless you get banned? Try maybe just not logging in. Maybe go to a runners forum next, and complain that everybody there likes to discuss running...

More like going to a runners forum and every time someone falls over screaming "FALSE FLAG - HE'S AN AGENT !!!!"

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by southeastshooter

You are right, but why do you care so much? You spent the time to write the post, why? And why come to a conspiracy theory site and complain about conspiracy theories?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I understand that this is a conspiracy forum but not EVERYTHING is a conspiracy. [snip]

Removed personal attack against members posting in the thread

[edit on 2/9/10 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
In case anyone is wondering why he chose the Discover Channel:

Save the Planet Protest

Here's his pitch for a wacky gameshow propaganda vehicle:

Race to Save the Planet

All that anger and self-loathing, then along comes a fable that brings about a righteous indignation so that he can finally aim it all outwards.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I understand that this is a conspiracy forum but not EVERYTHING is a conspiracy. Smart asses.

Well, this is a conspiracy theory forum... just kidding. I just wanted to be a smart ass too.

I see your point. There's enough legitimate theories without us having to create them. Furthermore the tendency to see everything as a conspiracy theory represents a danger to our objectivity.

Talking about not caring about be banned in the manner which you have is indicative of a member who has the wrong expectations of this community. Trust me, I've packed my bags and relocated to handful of conspiracy theory communities until arriving here and realizing that the common demoninator was me and my urealistic expectations of the said communites.

DO NOT come here for action or expect exclusively thorough puerile academic debates.

DO come here if you know how to wade through, tolerate and identify the fact from fantasy.

Remember that some conspiracy theorists are in this for kicks and have less to do with defeating the NWO or elevating the condition of man.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by rexusdiablos]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
GODDAMNIT!

Seriously... hearing this story just pisses me off.

And hear me out, mods, because I feel my swearing is justified.

This guy cited the book "Ishmael" by Daniel Quinn and "An Inconvenient Truth" as inspirations to his beliefs.

I've read Ishmael... I love that book, as do so many others. And to see the kind of negative press it's getting now is so frustrating and COMPLETELY undeserved. Same goes for An Inconvenient Truth.

While it's likely that this guy is genuine... I really must wonder whether he was somehow lead to commit these threats of violence by any kind of COINTELPRO type of program. I also have to wonder how this story is PERFECT candy to right-wing/establishment propagandists who will COMPLETELY PERVERT the issue into lambasting environmentalists and left-wingers.

Threatening innocent people (especially in such a stupid/inescapable manner) is completely mindless and unacceptable. Not to mention DETRIMENTAL to his message. And to see that he shared some of the same inspiring media as I is quite disappointing. At the very least... why did he have to target DISCOVERY of all places?!? Jesus... this is just ridiculous. Sure... Discovery may have sold its soul a bit... but they're BY NO MEANS anywhere near the top of the evil-corporations list.

I ASK YOU ALL TO DENY THE IGNORANCE THAT MAY STEM FROM THIS SITUATION.

Read Ishmael for yourself... it's a FANTASTIC book by a FANTASTIC author who DOES NOT advocate violence, especially against the innocent. He tends to talk about civilization, tribalism, environmentalism, and puts a lot of puzzle pieces together magnificently in explaining our modern predicaments. Do not let the propaganda that is either inherent in this news story or results from it paint a tainted picture for you at all.

The guy who took hostages doesn't speak for me via his actions, even if we may share some similar views. I don't agree that sterilization or abandonment of farming altogether is either feasible or desirable.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

Can you narrow down what you're saying into a sentence? Are you saying that this guy is being is being misrepresented or that he is misrepresenting the ideology he's supposedly representing?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I just read the manifesto here: savetheplanetprotest.com...

Is it a legit source? I don't know. What I will say is that whoever wrote it, if serious, has NO idea what the true sources of man's troubles are or how to resolve them.

He's basically blaming and targeting an entire species for the misgivings of 1-5% of it's population. What an utter fashion-activist gob#e.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Intastellaburst Prediction = Sniper Bullet.

so it is written, ....

So Shall It Be Done !

Called it, .... it is a shame and an irony, that they killed a man who himself, was probably not capable of killing others.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by southeastshooter

They are intitled to say anything they like and come up with any conspiracy they like, hence the fact that the description of the Current Events forum contains the following:

...with a general focus on conspiracies and/or cover-ups that may not easily fit into other topical forums.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by NeutronAvenger]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

Can we please focus on the topic!

If you don't have anything constructive to add to the thread, please move on to the next thread without disrupting the flow of the discussion.

Thank you.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
S&F this need to be discussed more ..

wow just heard the cops shot him dead ...
why must it always finish by killing
i presume the gun and explosives was just a bluff
so people can listen to him
he spoken the truth in his later
humans are now filthy i ever before
filled with greed .. destroying earth
but the hope is not over .. i presume he didnt see any hope
thats why he had to make this .. more direct approach actions
im sure he didnt hurt anyone of the hostage
and that he wasnt a bad guy ..
the gun and explosive was a pure bluff
i think the cops might change that for a real bomb and a real gun
and exagerate the media release that he hurted some of the hostage

another tragic ending

god bless us all

[edit on 9/1/2010 by Ben81]

Are you [snip] serious?

All good guys go around and take over buildings with makeshift bombs and handguns.

You PRESUME the bomb(s) and gun are fake so he can better make his point?

ARE YOU [snip] SERIOUS WITH THIS??

And now law enforcement are going to swap out the fakes with real stuff?

Don't make him out to be the good guy. There are multitudes of other ways than resorting to violence and placing innocent people at risk.

How are you so sure he did not hurt any of the hostages? Were you there? I think not.
Stop making these crazy presumptions.

He got what was coming to him. Had he chosen a non violent way to express his feelings, perhaps he would be alive today.

removed censor circumvention

[edit on 2/9/10 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Well, here's the thing. Even though the guy had a really, really hard time with the size of our population that was only growing more to piss him off, he never once mentioned killing anyone. IN FACT, he even advocated for the cessation of all wars and creation of weapons capable of killing many.

He wanted the population to stop growing but not through violent means, through education and awareness.

Of course! Why didn't I think of that? Oh, my attention must have been diverted by those tanks, the deadman switch, and the hostages. If that stuff hadn't blocked my view, I might have seen his purely peaceful intent, and emphasis on non-violent means too...

I tend not to notice if anyone MENTIONS killing anyone when they start taking hostages and are strapped with 'splosives...

Color me thick, I reckon.

[edit on 2010/9/2 by nenothtu]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

I also have to wonder how this story is PERFECT candy to right-wing/establishment propagandists who will COMPLETELY PERVERT the issue into lambasting environmentalists and left-wingers.
Hear! Hear! Ya know I was wondering the same thing. This just a little too "handy". He's on probation, he's been given a mental health check-up, he keeps coming back at them, and no one does anything??? Wierd smear if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I would like to think that they only mentioned him being an asian man is just explaining the facts to the listeners.

I would like to think if it was a white christian man then they would say the same.

But i doubt it.

On the other hand, would there be people popping up saying that the christians have jumped on the terrorism bandwagon?

MrWebby666

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Looking at the book review on amazon, it's about a telepathic gorilla who sends thoughts to people on what's went wrong with the earth. Says the book uses socratic methods of discussion and programmed learning.

Yeah, I might just about bet there's some programmed learning involved....

So what these books make people mentally unstable?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join