It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Breaking" hostage situation in the discovery building "Washington"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Latest: This situation is still ongoing, they are talking to James Jay Less on the phone, Willing him to end this situation..

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Waiting for an update on CNN. Seems he has had this obsession for at least 4 years. He is holding hostages and has cannisters attached to himself, they didn't say anything about propane

We have 2 threads now on this event.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by crazydaisy]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
After reading some of this guy's writings, I believe that this will end peacefully. After all, this guy thinks the world is in trouble and HE is the only one with the solution. So, if he thinks it through, the world will be destroyed without him here to save it. AND saving the planet is his motivation (assumption) for this incident.

Crossing my fingers, hoping I'm correct.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I hope you're right.

I've been scouring everything I can find and still can't find what might have triggered Mr. Lee today.

If there is an external trigger for this, such as the end of a relationship for example, then it's more difficult to understand his present mindset.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
MSNBC just did a phone inteview with an employee who says there have been concerns that something like this would happen, but not about James Jae Lee but Sarah Palin, she said they have had major complaints about that show.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Yep 2 threads as when i posted this it was by word of mouth as i have a contact in the area,

So no link to make the new forum,

But it is fine to have one here and one in the breaking news forum,

I have contacted a few of his friends to see if they can give us any insight,

also why there where comments on his photos stating "Vagina Tech"

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is strange.

According to Facebook he updated his photos about an hour ago.

Could he have a friend with his login accessing his account?

ETA: The Pic Aquarius1 posted on page two of this thread was uploaded to Facebook about an hour ago, or so the info says.

Is that a pic from inside the Discovery building?

[edit on 9/1/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Hmmm post the face book link, It could be a group one?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I didn't read closely enough. the whole profile is only an hour old. It's not a legit page.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Hi —yes, I live in Silver Spring, but I’m a couple of miles away, and I’m fine. Just following the news closely on the radio. Traffic and commuting are being seriously messed up because the Discovery Center is right in the middle of downtown and very close to the Metro station and the whole area has been closed down.

Emial I just recieved this email from a friend on another forum, he doesn't know anymore then we do. He worked in DC and just retired in January and used to take that Metro everyday.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
UPDATE!! He has just been shot by police

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Suspect shot by Police Officers.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
3 hostages safe!!!

More as it comes in..

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yes he is in custody now. This won't be over in a long shot.
second line.

link   
3 Hostages safe and out of building.

link   
Latest report I just heard, he is confirmed by police that the detonator he is holding is a Dead Man's Switch. If they shopot him, or he somehow loses consciousness, and releases his grip on the switch, it goes off.

Fox also ran a very long phone convo with his brother in loaw who said he has been basically an outcast from the family for many years. He faked a terminal illness, and the money he was throwing into the air when he got arrested was family money he got on the faked illness. He was basically disowned.

The brother in law felt confident his father would say to down him to end this. He also said he feels the people inside are in danger, and that he would kill himself or others.

His mother and grandfather recently died, and his brother in law sees this as something of a turning point.

Where is Al Gore when you need him?

link   
reply to post by asala

Yeah, about ten minutes ago as per the interviewer.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Suspect remains alive after being shot and has been taken in to custody,

YAY Its over
Everyone all safe and well as far as we know!!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
Latest report I just heard, he is confirmed by police that the detonator he is holding is a Dead Man's Switch.

If true, then he must have REALLY not wanted to die...being that he was shot and still managed to hold on to that dead mans switch.

I'm happy that this ended well. Now, I wonder....will he get his Discovery Channel documentary...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Before I forget to say it...

Thank you so much everyone for all the hard work and information! It is highly appreciated!

And thank God this ended so much better than it could have.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join