It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In address on Iraq war, Obama pays tribute to ‘patriot’ George W. Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama is acknowledging that he and former President George W. Bush disagreed about the Iraq war from the beginning. But in his nationally televised address on the Iraq war, he pays tribute to Bush by calling him "a patriot."

Obama spoke by telephone with Bush hours before Tuesday night's Oval Office address. The White House did not disclose what was said.

In the address, Obama said that although it is widely known that the two disagreed about the war, no one could doubt Bush's support for U.S. troops, his love for the U.S. and his commitment to the nation's security.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: www.rawstory.com...

Okay, where to begin? First, I believe that we shouldn't air our dirty laundry in front of others, especially those we are at war with, however I certainly wouldn't praise a treasonous tyrant in front of the world. To call Bush a patriot is a little absurd, don't you think?

I won't go into all of the reasons why Bush is anything but a patriot, as his deceit and tyrannical agenda is a truism to anyone who can still think for themselves beyond the MSM and propaganda spun by the White House.

I think that Obama's words speak volumes to his collusion with the dirty tricks and tyrannical agenda of the neo-cons and elite who came before him. Obama has done nothing but extend Bush policies, further the tyrannical agenda and cover up for the crimes of the Bush admin and if Obama supporters couldn't see it before, hopefully these words will help them see the obvious, now. Obama is just a continuation of the corruption and deceit that engulfed this country with the Bush regime and before.

George W. Obama. How long will it take before people are clued into the fact that "change" was only a simple buzzword designed to fool the American public into continuing down a path that contradicts the interests of the people? The sad truth of the matter is that Obama is just as bad as Bush and while the people thought they were getting change, we only got more of the same and this "change" will not come with Obama, nor any politician from either of the two major parties. We have no political opposition in this country and it's frustrating that people falsely believe that we do.

If Obama's actions and policies haven't convinced us of his continuation of Bush policies, then hopefully hearing it straight from the horse's mouth will. Not only does Obama's actions speak clearly for his lack of change, now he's telling us straight to our faces. I just can't understand how people are still under the illusion that Obama is bringing change or even anything different.

With that being said, I don't think voting him out would make any bit of a difference. So, we vote Obama out, only to get someone esle in who is going to further the same anti-American agenda. Does it really matter which figure-head is driving the American people into a sea of peril? I think not. It should now be painfully obvious that the puppet in the White House makes little difference, other than to give the illusion that the people still have a say in their government. We would certainly be better off if they just stopped elections all together because at least we wouldn't be under the illusion of choice.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Aren't 50,000 soldiers being left behind at the Embassy?

Sorry but leaving thousands of armed Westerners in a Islamic country does not mean war has ended.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I don't think anyone with two braincells left to rub together believes that the war has ended. Furthermore, the troops aren't even left at the Embassy, rather they have simply been renamed.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Well Mr Op, it's apparent by now that Obama is in over his head, so it makes perfect sense to praise the one person he has been blaming over the last year and a half.
Can you say one termer?

He already has Clinton trying to improve his poll numbers, maybe he is now starting to miss Bush too?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Patriots are terrorists in new speak, so are constitutionalists...
Bush is a patriot...
and say...didn't Obama teach constitutional law?
So, what he saying is that both he and Bush are terrorists too
Nice and cozy at the top it is...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Bush is a patriot...

The last REAL presidential patriot was John F. Kennedy....

End of discussion...seriously.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Perhaps this was Bush Senior and his Cronies (NWO) idea all along. Daddy makes sure Junior gets the Presidency for 8 years, as well as setting himself up for the rest of his life. In return he takes a bit of heat throughout his political career, but furthers his father's War Agenda. (Helping his cronies in the Oil Corporation, defense contracting, "War Machine"). They then "go against" the ESTABLISHMENT Liberal Candidate (Hilary), and end up winning with Obama who I'd argue is a Blue Dog democrat in bed with the Neo-Con right. Bush=Obama....IMHO

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

I think it is much larger than Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. Furthermore, they are going to do whatever it takes to benefit their family, as opposed to each their own. However, I think it is more about upholding the status quo.

As I have pointed out in my other thread, The Two-Party System: Two sides of the same coin, Democrats and Republicans are both the same party, at least where the rubber hits the road and the two-party system is only a mechanism to achieve and maintain the status quo. They are all statists and on the one-dimensional plane of left-right politics, Bush is just as much "left" as Obama.

We have only allowed them to redefine what "right" and "left" is, hiding behind the religious right when in fact his policies were almost as left and as statist as they come. Make no mistake about it, Bush was neither right nor conservative and instead, he was a lefty statist, hell bent on the fooling the American public to believe otherwise.

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

join