It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mirthful Me's World Tour... Who from ATS have you met?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i couldn't believe when i get a random U2U from MM asking to have dinner. I live in the armpit of Texas, and people don't come here willingly.

Turns out it wasn't his first time here, as he had been around several years prior doing similar work. Even stranger, since i ran the Holiday Inn Express in my town at that time, we had crossed paths prior to our meeting. When he pulled up to the restaurant he kept looking at me asking, "I have seen you before around town."
The small world we live in.

MM...more than likely i will be moving to San Antonio by mid summer.
Maybe we can meet up again at some point in the future. My son and I both have lost a TON of weight (i weigh less now than i did when i got married 17 years ago). You may not recognize us.

And if i don't move, i will running another hotel in town by September. It is that 13 story one downtown.

Regardless, if i do end up in SA i hope to meet up with a few other ATSers (and a few Twitterers) from the area.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Venturing into ...

getreadyalready territory... Beer will be drunk... Lies will be told... The fate of the universe decided...

This weekend I'm doing the coast to coast ride and spending a ten days in the Bay Area...

Look out FredT...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

MM has now been released back into the wild, relatively unscathed, except for some hot wing burns, and a bruised ego due to the Miami Heat loss. I'm happy to report that he is indeed a Mirthful Monkey, with a lot of things to share and enjoy!

MM,
Thanks for the company, and I hope to see you back soon! Now I know that Tallahassee is halfway between you and the rest of the world, so I will be expecting some frequent visits.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Back in the wild indeed... And on to wilder... Miami...

Fun was had by all and we were able to further our plans of world conquest...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I would imagine...

That there are no ATS members foolish enough to reside in Butte, Montana...

Chicago in two weeks... Northwest Chicagoland denizens look out...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Looks like summer is party time. Wonderful!
edit on 29-6-2011 by whaaa because: whaaa?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I wore my ATS Shirt to a Snoop Dog Concert and a security guard recognized the site...didn't get much more out of him other then he said that the site was crazy/interesting....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
A few of us Rio Grande valley members have formed a "think tank"
The thinking dosen't take near as long as the drinking, dancing the strumming of guitars and the beating of drums. We are not strictly ATS as we are loosely affiliated with a group of strippers and belly dancers and movie extra trash, that are part of the burlesque sub culture that Albuquerque is famous for.

We usually meet out in the desert where no one will be offended by our nudity and foul language.

Anyone is welcome to attend but RSVP if you please and byob or at least kick in something for the mixers.
And as always, please no kids, and no oil based paint!!!

edit on 29-6-2011 by whaaa because: absolutly no oil paint!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

For all you know... You've met me... I used to be a part owner in an art gallery in Old Town back in the early 90's... It was a good gallery but my partner was about as crooked as they get, and I divested myself after I had to bail him out of jail for fraud...

I was also frequented Roger Roessler's Seasons restaurant...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Seasons was a little fancy and more into wine than tequila.

However, you may have met me if you ever frequented that low life dive in Tejeras "Mollys" or the "Los Ojos" in Jemez I was
usually playin bass or 6string with the house band. I very seldom came to town from the Jemez except to restock "Mariposa" that carried my work. Wow... I had a gallery on Canyon Road/SF in the 80s and managed to get out unscathed.

edit on 29-6-2011 by whaaa because: Still Rockin

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
On a tear these last few weeks...

San Francisco, Miami, Chicago this week and Atlanta next week... I'm getting to be one tired monkey... After the ATL, it will be a leisurely drive up the eastern seaboard with Gettysburg, PA as the final destination after a stop in DC...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
After the ATL, it will be a leisurely drive up the eastern seaboard with Gettysburg, PA as the final destination after a stop in DC...

We'll be leaving a light on for ya.

chicken & steak fajitas. quesadillas. frijoles refritos. homemade garden-fresh salsa. fried okra ... and mOar await thee.

don't tell your 'passenger' ... but we may ask that she assist in the preparation of some or all of the above.

dos equis or corona. that is the question.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Neither... Negro Modelo...

No worries, I'll pick up the beer...

Diet be damned on my foray...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
West Texas and Dallas...

Circumstances impeded another evening with bigfatfurrytexan, but that will be redeemed in the near future... Then it was on to Dallas, and dinner with dbates

Despite the drive (300 miles) and the late hour, steaks wine and lies all flowed with ease and grace...

Always great to meet an ATS member...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Depending on when you make it back again, we may have a new 5 star restaurant (or, so they say) to go with our new 5 star hotel (or so they say). Mayhaps we can stop in this new establishment at some point?

That is, unless the return is during 2011.

Regardless, I do regret that I wasn't able to make it. Kids in college with broke down cars, and sisters showing up unexpectedly from Austin. Nothing really ever happens in my life, unless it all happens at once.

BTW, the drive to Dallas is a cake walk compared to the drive to Amarillo or El Paso. Especially El Paso.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
BTW, the drive to Dallas is a cake walk compared to the drive to Amarillo or El Paso. Especially El Paso.

It's always surprising to folks when we tell them that just how far those drives are. I don't mind the drive to El Paso because there's such GREAT geology along the way!

...though it is a 10 hour drive or so. Actually it's a bit longer because we stop in places we used to live (Big Spring, Odessa) and do the "oooh! rocks!" bit with the geology.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
...though it is a 10 hour drive or so.
With a drive that long in Portugal, either will be running in circles or you would end in Spain, we can go from the southern most end to the northern most end in some 8 hours.

PS: if we are going from west to east or vice-versa it will take us some 3 hours to either reach Spain or the Atlantic ocen.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

you used to live in Big Spring, huh? DO tell....

I spent the day in Odessa yesterday (dental appt, then Thai food and some shopping).

If you live in Decatur, TX you are closer to the capital of 3 other states than your own. It is an easy 15 hours from the panhandle to the coast. Texas is a HUGE state.

BTW, the geology may be interesting. But looking at rocks can only keep you entertained for so long.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
My class ring. Can I join the party.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1bb0339f6d5d.jpg[/atsimg]

I heard last night that the Settles Hotel was being fixed up. Where will all the birds live now? That place has been empty as long as I can remember.

I think you're the first person from ATS I've met in person. It was a blast. People shouldn't be afraid to meet the monkey. His manners exceed those most of my human friends have. Plus he knows a good deal about wine.
edit on 30-7-2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join