It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An "anti-gravity" Resort

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I was working for Union Carbide, Linde Division (now "Praxair"). I was the manager of Liquid Helium. We were the largest supplier of liquid helium.

A guy came into me and said that he had an idea. He said that he had noticed that if you put Helium gas into a balloon, it would rise. He reasoned that if you put solid or liquid helium into a space, you could lift an entire building.

I explained to him about boats, and why they float, and why that wasn't a good idea.

He said: "I have another idea."

He explained that he had noticed that when you get old, you tend to slump and even get shorter. He said that he believed that was because of gravity.

He wanted United Carbide to form a joint venture with him for scan the whole world and find a place with no gravity. Then we could open a spa there and make lots of money.

He had a super idea, and i've spent considerable time looking for such a place with no gravity.

Can any of you help me?

[edit on 31-8-2010 by etcorngods]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

He wanted United Carbide to form a joint venture with him for scan the whole world and find a place with no gravity. Then we could open a spa there and make lots of money.

You two entrepreneurs sure were lucky to meet one another...as you two are probably the only people on Earth that agree that this would be a profitable idea.

And if you are going to do this, you need a plane to go way, way, way up to get 0 G...or go to the center of the Earth, but that may be just as unlikely as the other.

But, good luck either way...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

How do you know that there isn't such a place on the earth -- without gravity. Have you been to every place on the earth?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Underwater! Although there still is gravity, plus pressure, its as close as you will get in my field of knowing.

Although i did hear of one story of a man who fell down, and forgot how to fall, and he started floating.

Or you could try Virgin Mobile, I am sure they would love to put a Spa on one of their little space ships.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Cool!! Thanks for the sage remarks.

2nd line

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

There is gravity , but it is relatively weak a force and easily overcome.

Indoor Sky Diving....... anyone ?

Something i most certainly intend doing.

Edit to add:

This Zero G experience will set you back between 5,000 and 7,000 G`s.
The Zero G Experience

[edit on 31-8-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure.... no, almost positive, that if there were such a place on earth... we'd know about it.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You Do realize that gravity is the result of an object's Mass, don't you?

Therefore, the Earth's Gravity is the result of the Earth having Mass. Since there is, of course, nowhere on Earth one could go and be absent Earth's mass, there is nowhere on Earth that does not have (earth's) gravity.

Before embarking on your business venture, I suggest both of you do a bit of reading and research.

Start with Physics.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I do know of such a place but it might be a little difficult to get to.

IF you can manage to dig down to the very center of the earth then the gravity of each bit of mass surrounding you reaches an equilibrium and you effectively achieve 0 gravity.

You might want to think about supplying the holiday makers with some kind of special suit to wear though as the temperature is estimated to be about the same as the surface of the sun.

Do I get a cut of your profits now?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

As long as there is a little hope, it is worth continuing my search. You seem to leave room for that in your advice.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

A quick read on Wiki would have told you that anything with mass will produce gravity the bigger the mass the bigger the effect. Therefore because everywhere on the earth is subject to the gravity of the earth it is 100% impossible with our current understanding that such a place is possible. Don’t waist anymore of your time looking for this place, based on your OP i don’t think you have actually done any research into this anyway so that point is mute.

It is possible to simulate zero gravity on earth but it’s not really zero gravity. The first way is underwater and the second is using the vomit rocket, I am guessing there are other ways to do this that that other posters will no doubts inform you of.

The idea however that this non-existent place could be used to help older people who are slouched it just laughable, that has very little to do with the effect of gravity.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

A quick read on Wiki would have told you that anything with mass will produce gravity the bigger the mass the bigger the effect. Therefore because everywhere on the earth is subject to the gravity of the earth it is 100% impossible with our current understanding that such a place is possible. Don’t waist anymore of your time looking for this place, based on your OP i don’t think you have actually done any research into this anyway so that point is mute.

It is possible to simulate zero gravity on earth but it’s not really zero gravity. The first way is underwater and the second is using the vomit rocket, I am guessing there are other ways to do this that that other posters will no doubts inform you of.

The idea however that this non-existent place could be used to help older people who are slouched it just laughable, that has very little to do with the effect of gravity.

What makes you 100% sure. I've found you can't be 100% sure of anything. I have an engineering degree from Cornell University, Physics was one of my strongest subjects.

For Instance: The laws of physics were broken in the colapse of three buildings at free fall speeds 911 2001 AD.

Don't tell me gravity doesn't effect older people. I am an older people. Had there been no Graavity, I would not slouch.

Hang around with me and you might learn some things -- visit the websites after "Signature".

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods
I am an older people.

"People" means a group, like a population, a nation or a tribe. So, how many of you are posting here on ATS? Why then do you refer to yourselves as "I"?
Are you the BORG?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well... Why not ? I've seen soda cans role up hill instead of down.

Are you Borg ?

[edit on 8/31/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I am an older people.

"People" means a group, like a population, a nation or a tribe. So, how many of you are posting here on ATS? Why then do you refer to yourselves as "I"?
Are you the BORG?

If I had perfect grammar, I'd probably be a lawyer. Instead, I am an expert in physics.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Well... Why not ? I've seen soda cans role up hill instead of down.

Are you Borg ?

Borg? Sounds like someone i'd like to be, yes.

en.wikipedia.org...(Star_Trek)

Look at the websites at the bottom of my signature.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by etcorngods]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

If I had perfect grammar, I'd probably be a lawyer. Instead, I am an expert in physics.

OK, great! Since you are an expert, can you please explain to me in two or three sentences why the 1D Ising model does not feature a phase transition? Also, I wanted to know whether the results from RHIC prove or disprove the hypothesis of quark-gluon plasma. Please help me out with these.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

OK, great! Since you are an expert, can you please explain to me in two or three sentences why the 1D Ising model does not feature a phase transition? Also, I wanted to know whether the results from RHIC prove or disprove the hypothesis of quark-gluon plasma. Please help me out with these.

No,

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

No,

OK then, you are not an "expert in physics", and your spelling needs a lot of improvement. Dismissed.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'm sorry but this :

Conspiracy = “2010 AD, SGR, Simpson, GR”.
Co is “Cobalt”, “Cult”. (drop o, ba is 21, u).
NS is AD 19, book 58, 58+66+66 .. = “ET”.
Therefore:
Conspiracy = “Cult ET Piracy”.
replace o with 0+66+66 … = “or”.
add 0+66+66 … = “SH”, backwads is “Hs”.
h+66 = GD, “God”.
S is 19, book of “Psalms”.
P sa is Phosphorus atomic symbol, backards “SRG”, backwards = “GRS”. (Pho’s cancel, US-66-66 … = “G”)
Sa L = “atomic symbol 12″, backwards, “MG”, backwards = “Game”.
M is AC, book Acts, 0+66+66 … = “Act”, drop it.
Therefore:
Psalms = “GRS Games, GRS Games ….”.
Therefore:
Conspiracy = “Corn Gods GRS Games, GRS Games, GRS Games….”

Makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.
If there was written blablalbla kirreoehoe it woulf have the same effect on me.

The Borg are cool.

Especially Seven of nine, but she is more of an icy cool tho.

[edit on 8/31/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join