It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FULL MOVIE - 2012 The Online Movie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

No ancient cultures knew of any planets that we have recently discovered, or have yet to discover. All of the planets they knew about were visible to the naked eye. It is simply charlatans like Sitchin and von Daniken using mistranslations and loose interpretations that has lead to this belief that the ancients were aware of planets they could not see.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Double post.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Xcalibur254]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

No ancient cultures knew of any planets that we have recently discovered, or have yet to discover. All of the planets they knew about were visible to the naked eye. It is simply charlatans like Sitchin and von Daniken using mistranslations and loose interpretations that has lead to this belief that the ancients were aware of planets they could not see.

Believe what you wish.

As much as I enjoy learning about the topics I love (like ancient cultures and the cosmos) I have no patience or desire to debate it.

Everyone has their opinion and gawd knows, we all don't agree on any one thing.
So much for unity!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

This isn't opinion, this is fact. Every time a "researcher" points to a carving that supposedly shows other planets outside of the visible ones, it looks nothing like the other depictions of planets that have been found. More often than not it turns out to be a simple depictions of stars in the sky.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by sticky

Sticky you should not go into the prognostication business. You have been so wrong so many times. Why are you so concerned with me? Is it because you can't handle the truth?

You're here aren't you. Looks like my prognostication was nearly perfect. Wether you continue on in this thread is to be determined. I stand behind my prognostication

I have no quarrels with you personally, and the fact that I buy into the significance of this time period is my own insights into what I believe is the essence and purpose of life.

I actually respect each of your posts because it is GOOD for you to be here, we need to know what areas of this information are debatable and ultimately disproven.

Denying ignorance is exactly what ATS is about, and you sir are a solid contributer in that crusade.

I know you're an intelligent man, so even my vague words don't affect your inner emotions, I expected that as well.

If I knew you in real life, I'd want to have a beer with you and discuss things further. (We both know that discussion wouldn't be all that entertaining for either of us.)

Anyways, in all sincertity, have a wonderful day, month, year, and life.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by sticky]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

Nearly perfect? Hardly.

I'm sure Stereo will be hard at work tomorrow, at his employers place, replying to anyone who wishes to entertain conspiracy theories surrounding what is discussed in this video.

That is what you said and it is quite incorrect. Nearly perfect? Not even close. That is why we go back to the original statements to see if something works out.

It was a guess and had a fair chance of being correct, but it turned out not to be. One of the ways to improve prognostication is to use a technique used by many including Rush Limbaugh. That is the hedge. You make a claim and then come up with a meek reason it won't pan out. Then no matter what happens he gets to scream "I told you so" the next day.

When we check the sources of the 2012 hoaxers we find that they misrepresent things or make up stuff.

I am going to be straight forward and state I do not have 3 hours of time to flush down the toilet listening to the video. I can read what these people have said much faster. It doesn't take long to realize that the reasoning for their claims is hogwash.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Apparently you haven't read much on the Dogon's.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Boomer1941

Apparently, you don't understand that the Dogon's do not claim to know of any other planets.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

There's so much hype and mystery around 2012 that may be explained by ancient civilization's reaction to an astrological or catostrophic event. I, for one, will watch the video. I don't understand how any open minded skeptic would dismiss a claim before they've viewed what the poster describes as evidence of his claims!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePostExaminer

The problem with videos is that they contain little information. A 1 hour video contains less than 10 minutes of reading material, may 4 or 5 minutes tops.

I simply do not have time to waste like that. If you find a particular interestion point then please post it and tell us the time and duration of the content.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join