It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Has been Acting Strange

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
How does the moon look to everyone in the morning? It seems to look a lot different to me in the morning than at night. Yet there is supposed to be a dark side of the moon that no one ever sees.

I know it is only a partial moon we see in the morning, but can anyone tell me there might be a slight shift sometimes because
it does look different to me in a slight way.

I don't know about morning versus night, but it would look different when it rises as opposed to when it sets, because when it sets it would be in a different orientation from how it looked when it rose.

Think of it this way -- when it rises, a certain part of the Moon is "on top" when viewed from Earth -- i.e., the part that rises first. When that Moon later sets that day, that part of the Moon that rose first will be among the parts that sets first -- i.e., it will be "near the bottom" when viewed from Earth.

Therefore the orientation at moonset may seem almost "upside down" compared to moonrise. Perhaps this is what you are noticing if the Moon is rising during the day and setting at night (or vice-versa).

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Nothing much to go on as to what to what you find different about the moon - have to take a look for myself this evening. I could swear there was a thread on this same subject last month. How do I find an old thread?
Hi crazy!

Go type in the pertinent search info on the search bar in the upper right side of the home page then hit search.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Yes that's probably it. It makes a lot more sense to me now.

Thank you kindly.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
In all seriousness, I haven't a clue what you are on about.
Can you be a little more specific please?
I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean it has changed position? For example the humbolt crater is normally bottom right but it is now top left?
That kind of thing?

Sorry if i couldn't respond earlier i was busy, & still looking for my cam cables so i will upload the pictures today so you see the position
yourselves.

pazcat it was something like that but differently, dont judge my thread but judge the pictures once i upload them today.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

That's OK I understand not everyone can be around all the time and circumstances don't help, I'm just curious to see what you have and what kind of explaination there may be for it and if I can shed any light. At this point I have just been speculating so I'm waiting with interest to see what you have.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

The Moon Has been Acting Strange

Maybe it's on drugs. Or perhaps feeling awkward due to puberty...or mental illness...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

If it's not too much to ask, could you please get your data and evidence together before you start a thread, next time? Thanks.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Last night, Sept. 4th. I too could not find the moon. The sky was full of stars, but no moon. I have been watching the moon for the last several weeks and each night it looks different. Then a couple of weeks ago in the middle of the night or wee hours of the morning, I woke up to the blinding white light of the moon. I have never seen it send out a blinding white light like that before and to wake up a heavy sleeper like me was odd.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TmTrvlr
Last night, Sept. 4th. I too could not find the moon. The sky was full of stars, but no moon. I have been watching the moon for the last several weeks and each night it looks different. Then a couple of weeks ago in the middle of the night or wee hours of the morning, I woke up to the blinding white light of the moon. I have never seen it send out a blinding white light like that before and to wake up a heavy sleeper like me was odd.

I have also noticed this pattern here in toronto just last week before the overcast clouds came in for three days was outside in the night looking for the moom but for somereason it wasnt there and i believe the moon should have been a half moon, it was a clear night, and as for the pictures dont worry i will upload them i have been busy latey.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
I have also noticed this pattern here in toronto just last week before the overcast clouds came in for three days was outside in the night looking for the moom but for somereason it wasnt there and i believe the moon should have been a half moon, it was a clear night, and as for the pictures dont worry i will upload them i have been busy latey.

I'm not sure which day you were trying to see it last week, but it was only easily visible for a few hours each night, and would have been relatively hard to notice during the day until later in the week when it got farther from the Sun ("farther" as viewed from Earth).

From Toronto, it would have been fairly low in the southern sky and would have been setting relatively early. On August 30th, it set at about 8:30 PM; on the 31st at 9:00 PM; on the 1st at about 9:30PM; and on the 2nd a little after 10:00 PM.

I remember seeing the Moon on the Friday evening (September 2nd) because we were sitting on our deck that evening and I remember commenting on how pretty the Moon looked peaking through the trees. It was very low in the sky and was barely visible through the trees. I specifically remember this because I told my wife that soon enough fall will come and those leaves will be off the trees.

I also remember seeing it during the day on Saturday September 3rd, because I was sitting in the stands at a high school football game, and I noticed the Moon was just barely visible in the sunshine.

...So the Moon was there at least on the 2nd and on the 3rd -- both times in the generally southern skies, right where it is supposed to be when viewed from where I live.

edit on 9/6/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jean59
reply to post by Divine Strake

I am not in the US...

Last night i could not find the moon...The star to the left of it was there..
but no moon.
I even brought a family member outside to see...it must have been there,
just further to my right, obscured by a building...
I only mention it because of your post.

The moon was there... I promise. I saw it myself. The moon will be there tonight to.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I think OP you will find unless you live on the equator, in High Northern or low Southern latitudes you will find it is something that changes daily,

it is esp noticable four times a year in these areas,

Most of human culture and festivities, religions grew up honoring these four changing of both the moon and sun in the sky.

Its called the SEASONS

Look at the date you looked at it, notice something happening with the season, notice the sun is rising and travelling across the sky a little differantly recently as this season ends?

I think I will start a thread get some S+F on how the SUN is now longer directly overhead like on the longest day. I have not seen it there in some time now and I am sure I saw it there before?

Kind Regards,

Elf

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join