It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There IS a God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Pffft!!! So what if there is or not. If there is, he needs to get all these pains in the ass who claim to represent him together and tell them to mind their own business. If one more smug parasite tries to twist a conversation I'm a part of into an excuse to rant about their bronze-age superstitions, I'm gonna become violent. If not, the above goes double because it's a load of crap. God needs to mind his own damn business.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mooradian

There IS a God! I agree that there had to be a creator of all that is. I am not much of a believer in the religious mythology, all created by man. But I do believe in a supreme being.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mooradian
Simple forum post just to get my opinion out, grill me if you wish.

Personally I find it laughable that someone denies the existence of a Higher Power in control of, at the minium, this universe. SOMETHIng had to have started all of this, whatever came before the Big Bang, whatever came before that. I am not talking about any religion here. Simply, a PRIME CREATOR that created all of the universes, (multiverse, which scientifcally exists) dimension, (there are lots of them)

What I find amazing is that there are infinite amounts of universes that are clones of ours. So theres infinite amoutns of me and you..

Things can be different in each one though, for instance, say you just sneezed, well maybe in another universe you didnt. Basically every possible thing that can happen has happened or is happenign to you.

This is so complex and maybe its cause im stupid, but it leads me to beleive there is a god(s) in control of all of this.
\\

In one famous quote from Einstien 'clear and simple explanations come from God.' I find this true in all aspects of life to this day and He never changes!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

A bunch of words

And who created this "creator" then...?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The 'tree-of-knowledge' thing still seems to be in vogue amongst believers, in the meaning, that information, logic and common sense have less priority than 'I want to believe'.

First there's a considerable difference between a hypothesis and a theory. And then even reasonably well supported theories can be debated.

Also...

Hawking, at least partly, retracted his baby-universe hypothesis. Einstein had, after 30-40 years, finally to accept a breakdown of total causality.

The parallel universe hypothesis is mostly a speculation based on microcosmic indeterminism, and personally I find, that when quantum-foam manifestations pop in and out of the known universe, it must do so in CONTEXT. Meaning that e.g. a specific particle will re-emerge in the available context it had 'before'. Gold stays gold.

There's no need to speculate on the specific nature of a 'creator' until we have possibilities of getting valid information. Instead of personifications based on human behaviour, an ultimate creator would at best be described as 'intent'.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Do you find it hard to imagine that the tide was all the way up on the shore in the morning, and then way out to sea in the afternoon ?

Do you find it hard to imagine that where mountains now stand in India there was once nothing but coast, where mountains once stood in Australia there is now but desert ?

If you saw a mountain there one minute - but gone the next - would you think there must have been some great force at work ?

You just do not understand time, you do not comprehend it - you do not have the faculty to embrace what millions of years can achieve.

I look at the environment and nature and find it thoroughly absolute - in fact I ponder how nothing but time can be so incredibly powerful - vastly more powerful than your god.

I see time move the entire ocean everyday - the gentle rotation of the moon coercing the the oceans - all the water on this planet moved by nothing more than time and mass - your God has not done a damn thing - nothing - zip - since he sent his son down to get killed.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Your whole statement is based on BELIEF and not knowledge! Furthermore, you make this statement even though there is NO hard scientific evidence that a creator was involved...

Don't mistake BELIEF for KNOWLEDGE!

The 13 Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism (By AronRa)

(A Logical Argument)

And since you seem to like Neil DeGrasse Tyson (he's awesome!), here's his opinion about intelligent design:

[edit on 31-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I kind of agree that there is a god, but the problem is in the "GOD" word

simply because people believe God must be a human in the sky, but the reality is that GOD can be a process, can be something in another dimension, can be doing it by own will or by accident

but, there is something that is causing everything, we just dont know yet what it is

god probably is not the best word to describe creation

and the reality is that everybody will agree with me that there is something that created this, so, by that definition, that something would be GOD, the problem is that a lot of people just cant imagine whats out there, so they simply never thought about this perspective, and thats why they say god doesnt exist, they believe they are talking to religious freaks, and then I agree

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I cosign this thread 100% yes there is a CREATOR of ALL things and non should be afraid to believe this. MOst who do I feel are in fear of the unknown and feel everything they see is whats the truth. With that in mind what will they do if PROJECT BLUE BEAM IS REAL. Because if it is real it will trick many of them just from the visuals, smh
S&F

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Problem with the people - both believers and atheists - seems to be that they speak out of assumptions. They, just like the OP, don't have anything to back up their claims - just assumptions.

No matter how rational the arguments, there still ain't (objective) proof to support either stance.

My advice would be that we should just focus on living a good life, not thinking the existence or non-existence of god(s). But then again, it is your choice, your opinion.

I have no problem with atheists nor believers. But I have problem with ones that attempt to force down their beliefs (yes, atheists too) down the throats of others.

-v

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Actually, a lot of atheists like me and Titen don't claim there's no god. We just admit that we DON'T KNOW in the absence of any scientific evidence. Doesn't stop us from trying to live a morally good life...

I want FACTS, RATIONALITY, and LOGIC rather than totally made up things. Everyone has the right to believe whatever they want, but if irrationality enters politics, it holds back the progress of the human species. Which is why I and others are so vehemently standing up against random "anti-evolution" threads for example. Deny ignorance is the mantra of this website, and we're trying to make people do exactly that.

Faith should NEVER override the acceptance of facts, evidence, and proof. If it does, it harms the development of the whole species!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

According the etymology of the words, a-theism as an ideology is opposite to theism, which maintains a priori that there is a god. Then atheism deny a priori the existence of god. You two are then more like a-gnostics, whom maintain that there is no evidence for god, but doesnt' really rule out the possibility as there ain't evidence on either direction. Again, gnostics maintain that there is knowledge about god.

But then again, it might be better not to categorize oneself (nor others). I usually find myself being anything between

Cheers,

-v

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
reply to post by MrXYZ

Again, gnostics maintain that there is knowledge about god.

No, agnostics say that we just don't know. At no time would I ever claim we have any knowledge about a god(s). Scientifically, there is a probability that there a deity exists. But realistically, we have ZERO scientific evidence for it...so I don't have a huge issue with atheists who claim there is no god. I mean, you also don't believe in the flying spaghetti monster, right? We have as much "evidence" (lol) for the FSM than for any other gods.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Perhaps you just misread what I wrote? I did acknowledge the difference between gnostics and agnostics.

Anyway, all the good luck!

-v

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Personally I find it laughable that someone denies the existence of a Higher Power in control of, at the minium, this universe. SOMETHIng had to have started all of this, whatever came before the Big Bang, whatever came before that. I am not talking about any religion here. Simply, a PRIME CREATOR that created all of the universes, (multiverse, which scientifcally exists) dimension, (there are lots of them)......This is so complex and maybe its cause im stupid, but it leads me to beleive there is a god(s) in control of all of this.

This is a prime example of the "God of the Gaps" fallacy, an argument that bascially states:

1. Human knowledge does not include X.
2. It is impossible for X to be caused or explained using natural processes.
3. Therefore, God did it.

It sounds like you are claiming statement 2, but to make that claim you must have the sort of omniscient knowledge of all natural phenomena that nobody possesses to rule out any possibility of a natural cause, even with something as complex as the origins of the universe.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Yes Mooradian I agree there is A God and He does declare there is none besides Him. Isa. 44:8, and we are to be His witness to that. Our Saviour declared Joh. 4:24 that He is Spiritt. Also 2 Cor. 5:19 declares that the Father was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself. This is how He was God with us. This investment of the Father in His Son born of a woman will be returned again to the Father when Christ has finally finished the job He was sent to do. Read 1 Cor. 15:24-28, that the Father may be all and all again. Please read these verses as you will find you will come out enlightened. Oh the truth the wonderful truth. We must have it and have it on every point. Truth not only can stand investigation but invites it, He says "come and see", in several verses.

Truthiron

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

Truth needs proof as backup...not a single thing you posted is proof. All you did was post stuff written by MEN!

You BELIEVE in a god...but you don't know there is a god in the absence of any evidence or proof.

Saying it invites investigation is laughable given that not a single thing holds up to any scientific analysis. There is ZERO proof, no evidence, and tons of stuff in the bible has been proven wrong.

All that doesn't matter if believing makes you happy, because you have the right to be happy. But saying it's the "truth" and proven is kinda laughable given the glaring absence of any real proof

[edit on 4-9-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
There has tobe. There is no way wehave this beautiful nature, male female, allthis wonderful food, human emotions oflaughter and such feelings like ahuman orgasm.

andyet nothing does this. just happens.

noit doesn't.

I truly honesty believe everybody should stay open until proven wrong, andthepeople who don't give God any chance toexist, don't want him to.

peace.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Lol at the 13 videos ofcreationist which arefilled with distortions andlackofunderstanding.

and thelastone about stupid design.

1. so because some babies are born looking deformed means it's unintelligent. How do you know it's not from God. What is beauty anyways.On a different planetthose people might look normal andus hideous.

againnounderstanding from aguy trying tobefunny, andthe clueless crowd eating it up. ' yay he disproves god, yay, our hero '

bull.

human diseases and deformities are apart of human sin andin some instances totake asoul early, or test that soul.

peace.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Brothers and Sisters, this is for fun, don't take too seriously!

My Brief history of Abrahamic Religions...

First there was Judaism which went something like this.

God created man (Jews only of course)

God gave man a law, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Man multiplies.

Man forgets Gods law, basically says screw that. Why not we did it in the Garden after all.

Man starts fighting, killing, stealing, abusing each other in every way.

God does a face palm.

God finds the one family still following his law.

Says build a boat, get the kids and the critters outta here.

God floods earth destroying wicked men.

Man starts over with Gods law "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Man multiplies.

Man forgets Gods Law.

Man becomes slave to other Man created by who knows.

One man seeks God.

God answers.

Does another face Palm, says let me make this easier.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. This means "The Ten Commandments"". Get Man to do this and lead them to freedom.

Man leads his people free from other man who enslaved them.

Man multiplies

Man forgets Gods Laws.

God does face palm.

Screw it I'll do it myself.

Christianity

God sends his Son, in the form of Man to earth. God says to Son, "Keep it simple, tell them stories!"

Man God tells people the Law they forgot.

Man likes Man God.

But, not enough to stop him from being crucified by another man who was created by who knows, at the urging of the Man who didn't like the Man God so much.

Man who likes Man God spreads the word.

Another Man created by who knows eventually likes Man God too.

Another Man created by who knows makes Man Gods words law.

Another Man created by who knows so loves the words of Man God, that he enforces the words of Man God, by violating the words of Man God.

This is OK because he loves the Man God and therefore must be right.

God does a face palm.

Islam

Yet another Man created by who knows sees the wisdom and power that Another Man created by who knows has from loving the word of the Man God.

Yet another man created by who knows rearranges the history of Man, distorts the
word of the Man God, and labels this new version as predecessor to the others.

Yet another man created by who knows multiplies.

Today

Now we have Man, Another Man created by who knows, and Yet another man created by who knows, violating the Law of God to prove that they each are following the Law of God.

God does another face palm.

Atheist

God says to Yet again another man created by who knows... "Just forget I exist!"
And they multiply...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join