It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airliner lands at Ellsworth AFB, Passengers told not to peek

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
us.cnn.com...
Passengers told not to peek

Home of the 28th Bomb wing!! B1 bombers and others

What else could they be hiding

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
hmmmm - what were they doing there in the first place though! it's hard to mistake an air force base for an airport!

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I think that is an active B-1B Base. What I did find out is the USAF runs the ATC for the regional airport. Maybe someone in the control tower also goofed?!

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
they may have landed there for an emergency landing or sumthing of that nature.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Thsi is a great story worth the read but it has been posted to atsnn already. Please post info and links to this address so as to keep the discussion consistant and comprehensive.

Original atsnn story
Link

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rvfried
What I did find out is the USAF runs the ATC for the regional airport. Maybe someone in the control tower also goofed?!

It is not uncommon for AF Control Towers to direct traffic in there area, even commercail aircraft. They do that so military planes and choppers have the proper clearence around them. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want the plane I am flying in anywhere near a military jet.

As for the person in the control tower goffing, it is not likely since there is always an extra person in the tower monitoring the frequencies being used. Unlikely they both goofed.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join