It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No wonder society is on a downward spiral

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Shocked neighbours told of parents dropping off underage children with cartons of liquor as riot police tried to quell up to 200 drunk and unruly teenagers at a violent 15th birthday party in Mandurah on Saturday.

I had to read that snippet three times to digest what was being said.

Is there sentient thought in peoples brains these days?

Not only were these parents buying alcohol for their kids, they were dropping them off to the same party that riot police were trying to clear out.

a big WTF!?

au.news.yahoo.com...

I'm disgusted.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I blame the police..

There are laws pertaining to underage drinking and drinking in public but when was the last time police arrested large groups?

Remember that Codi (sp) guy that arranged that party with hundreds of drunk teenagers?

No charges and they made a hero out of him..
Now he's even in a US movie!!!

If the police started arresting and fining these idiots I think it would quickly tapper down..

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I blame the parents entirely.

Those parents were trying to get rid of their annoying teenagers so anything would do.

OK, kids can be difficult, but this is beyond belief.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Don't get me started on that Cory clown.

He is a despicable excuse for a human being.

I think I agree with catwhoknows though, the blame lies thoroughly in the hands of the parents.

Especially those who loaded their kids up with booze then proceeded to drop them off all the while a riot was going down.

They're the type that needs to be neutered so they can't breed anymore.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Funny huh, we are blaming all but the actual teenagers...

Surely they hold a little blame..

We were all young. How many of us got raving drunk and started riots?

Probably a minority but it's becoming more common..

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Cory!! I was close..
I agree the parents hold a lot of the blame but as I mentioned,
why don't the police ever charge these kids???

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

I know, but you can't blame the teenagers, they think they know everything and they know nothing.

But parents giving their underage teens booze and dropping them off.....ok, I will go so far as to say those parents should be prosecuted.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Yup that's what got me.

There was no "Hmm 14 police cars, riot squad and the chopper are at this party I am dropping my daughter off to." "That is no place for a teenager" thoughts.

It should also be noted that two grown men were arrested during the riot.

I'd hazard a guess it wasn't the kids who started all this, although they are still to blame for getting involved, but it was a group of 'adults' better known as toolies who gate crash and ruin things.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Society is to blame ! Bring back values, respect, discipline ! Bring back national conscription in Australia. Youth of today are hopeless worthless nothings with no goals ! Put them in the military for 2years and see what happens....

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

Assuming you are not being sarcastic, I agree with you that young guys doing national service was great - it gave them self-esteem and a lot of talents. Oh, and trained them for wars which should end right now.

I wish our young guys could do national service instead of hooning and killing themselves and others drunk driving.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
...and I thought I was cool when my 15th birthday party was at the skating rink with ten of my friends. Lame.

I think the blame goes to the parents. They are the ones who allowed the kids to get the booze and dropped them off at a riot. The riot wouldn't have been able to happen had the parents of the party/riot thrower been responsible. Some "parents" should have definitely been neutered.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by MeSoCorny]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

You should thank the powers that be that you have caring parents - so many kids don't.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Well the parents are to blame but don't forget society has emasculated the parents as the state is now telling us how to parent. You cannot discipline your child harshly so you are reduced to personal shopper, butler , cook and chauffer...

I hope the pendulum swings the other way soon. No I never beat up on my kids but they had very firm boundaries.

On the other hand some of these parents obviously wanted to be "Hip" and "Down with da kids". I bet some of these parents had their baseball caps on back to front and had their baggy jeans all theway down to their A***es.

What is up with growing old??

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I apologise if i do sound like that but it urks me the way the youth of today are going. Some are good dont get me wrong. But there are many up to no good in the streets everyday. National service i meant not to train for war so much. But to teach them values and skills. Skills they could use once out of service if they do exit after 2 years. And the values of listening and dicipline instead of "knowing it all"

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

I blame the police..

Yep the police target people who do nothing, while all the scum walk the streets.

Amazing how corrupt they are in killing for there friends.

Just be glad if your not bringing someone into this world.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

I entirely agree with you - I thought you might be doing that scoffing thing about national service teaching boys to fight. (As if boys need to learn that, lol).

But we need our boys to be occupied and learning - these days, it is very difficult for teens, especially boys I think.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Hi Andy,

I am so glad to see you again - could you please tell me what has happened to you?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Ummm....

Can we not turn this into a police bashing thread please?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
What is up with growing old??

First, I agree with your analysis.

Second - growing old? Well as I see it the progression goes like this (A generalisation):
  • Teenage - Hate authority. Life is here to be lived and stuffy parents and elders are just a pain. Wants to do what they want and have no care for the consequences. Party, Party, Party!!!
  • 20s - Getting married, growing up, settling down, having family. With family a very slow realisation that life cannot be like the teenage years. You actually do have to have a job and try and look after your family.
  • 30s - Family is growing, money (maybe) pressing and your responsibilities are weighing heavier. Darn theses kids are so unruly. You were NEVER like that when you were a teenager.
  • 40s - Family may be grown and gone, or nearly there, and the realisation that you are half way through your working life and it is going to stop one day. No, don't need a pension provision yet (untrue) - plenty of time for that. More money pressure from the kids. They may be married, but the need for money keeps growing. Why does the government tax everything so much. It was never as bad when you were young. They can't run a p**s up in a brewery!
  • 50s - You may have been redundant and had to find another job. The government just let anyone in and tax us to hell and back and politicians are just liars. It was never like this back in the __s (insert year). The grumpy old (wo)man syndrome is kicking in. You realise that you should have started your pension back when you were 30.
  • 60s - There is no respect these days. Young people are so rude and indolent - even your own grandchildren (if you have them by then).You could do a much better job of running the country; the EU was all about trade - when did it become a state?; What's with all this globalisation? Why do I need tomatoes in January (or your winter) - we never used to have that. What are they doing to our planet?
  • 70s - Don't know because I haven't got there yet but I would imagine that the complete lack of respect for authority that you now have despite decrying the lack of it in teenagers is complete. Of course it is not the same as your version is silent. Loss of care about what goes on in the world because now you know that you can't do anything about it (even if you can).

Nothing wrong with growing old. It is just a natural progression from a lack of respect for authority to a complete lack of respect for authority but the ability not to express it.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
first off, i would never give booze to my underage kid to go to a party.

second, if i drove up to the party, he/she wanted to go to and saw that!?

are you serious!

i would feel bad for my kids. it would be a cold day in hell till they went to an outside party.

till they were of legal age and supporting themself.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join