It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before the beginning of everything, there was just an awareness

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by saabacura

I'll read up on that thread!! Thanks for the link..

duality needs intelligence.

The title of your thread is duality creates logic and intelligence and now you state that intelligence is needed for duality to exist??

Either one is the product of the other.....

So duality doesn't need intelligence. Intelligence needs duality....or better intelligence is the result of duality

Peace

Awareness comes before duality and "inteligence".... Intelligence is only a mean to chooose between Yes or No

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I kind of agree with you here that awareness is not "something." This awareness transcends our notions or time, space, even existence, etc. Therefore, in a way, the awareness is infinite, yet one, everywhere, yet nowhere. I'm not trying to say there's duality involved. Our rules of logic begin to break down at this point I guess. It kind of goes back to your idea of this awareness being before the beginning of everything/anything. It just isn't like anything else--even nothingness.

I don't know if that makes any sense.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Awareness is something and therefore cannot exist in nothing.

That's a pretty hard paradox to shake.

It thought the emphasize here is not that it's hard to shake but more that it is fun to shake....

Join the fun!!!!

Peace

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabacura

Yeah... I thought so too like you.
But i came to realize that Awareness is not something.

Awareness is perceiving.

There must be something there in order to perceive it.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by muftanan

I kind of agree with you here that awareness is not "something." This awareness transcends our notions or time, space, even existence, etc. Therefore, in a way, the awareness is infinite, yet one, everywhere, yet nowhere. I'm not trying to say there's duality involved. Our rules of logic begin to break down at this point I guess. It kind of goes back to your idea of this awareness being before the beginning of everything/anything. It just isn't like anything else--even nothingness.

I don't know if that makes any sense.

Something and Nothing is to me something phyiscal..... there is something there.... or it is not there..... But awareness is neither... I donnt know.. I am drunk

i need to be a bit more sober to read your questions carefuley. I will respond better

[edit on 29-8-2010 by saabacura]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

saabacura,

Awareness comes before duality and "inteligence".... Intelligence is only a mean to chooose between Yes or No..

Shouldn't that be "perceived intelligence"??

Awareness indeed comes before intelligence but duality.....

Imagine a thought. Before this thought manifested in your head it belonged to an infinite string of thoughts and non-thoughts. All options are open as long as the thought does not manifest. We are not aware of this non-thought because it is still everything and nothing.

When we become aware of a thought a decision on the form of this thought was already made unconsciously (how else could we become aware of it?). We are free to play with and re-form this thought but the initial thought that you became aware of was already formed on the basis of duality.

At least that is how I imagine it....

Peace

PS: reading my own incoherent babbling I have come to the conclusion that the title of this thread should:" Before the beginning of everything, there was just an unawareness"

[edit on 29-8-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

saabacura,

Awareness comes before duality and "inteligence".... Intelligence is only a mean to chooose between Yes or No..

Shouldn't that be "perceived intelligence"??

Awareness indeed comes before intelligence but duality.....

Imagine a thought. Before this thought manifested in your head it belonged to an infinite string of thoughts and non-thoughts. All options are open as long as the thought does not manifest. We are not aware of this non-thought because it is still everything and nothing.

When we become aware of a thought a decision on the form of this thought was already made unconsciously (how else could we become aware of it?). We are free to play with and re-form this thought but the initial thought that you became aware of was already formed on the basis of duality.

At least that is how I imagine it....

Peace

PS: reading my own incoherent babbling I have come to the conclusion that the title of this thread should:" Before the beginning of everything, there was just an unawareness"

[edit on 29-8-2010 by operation mindcrime]

Can you simplify what you are saying. I think you are saying something important but I have trouble understanding. SORRY

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Well since comprehending what came before the beginning of everything can be quite confusing I tried to bring it down to a level that is in reach of our comprehension level.

A "thought" has the same characteristics. Before it is formed, it is also infinite in nature. When you become "aware" of a thought (i.e. when an idea pops into your head) it is already conform the rules of duality in order for you to comprehend..

I am drunk

What are the odds!! So am I....

Peace

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Good post.

One theory goes:

In the beginning there was only consciousness, an awareness. The one source, some call "God'.

We, you, me, Sam down the street, Joe the homeless guy you avoid each day, all of us were a part of that one consciousness.

We were all literally a part of "God", one entity.

Then, at some point, that one consciousness decided to gain experience, more knowledge, emotional feeling, maybe even that consciousness became bored and so that consciousness splintered itself into a billion, trillion, zillion separate souls and sent it's fractured self out to experience many realities in many different timelines, worlds and universes.

Our longing is our unconscious yearning to return to that one source, however along the way many, most of those fractured pieces of one consciousness, forgot they were a part of the one entity/consciousness, having a physical experience and began to believe they were that experience and that is wherein the conflict lies.

This theory is about as good as the man in the sky that controls everything. (See the movie, "The Invention of Lying").

I do know, because I have been with enough people when they have uttered their last word and taken that last breath, we are more than just the shells we carry around in this 3d reality.

We are infinite, spiritual beings.

I have felt on a few occassions, when being with a person that has passed away, their life force leave their flesh body.

Sometimes that passing, this parting is dramatic, like a strong wind and sometimes it is nothing more than a slight breeze.

But, and here is the important thing, we are more than what our three dimensional eyes are able to perceive.

More than our three dimensional ears can hear, our noses smell and our fingers can touch.

We are infinite beings, for now, trapped within a vehicle, like a driver in a car.

We are all a part of that one consciousness that decided to have a physical experience.

What some call "Satan" are those beings, souls, entities that for whatever reason can never return to the source and are jealous and mad, full of hatred - want to keep the rest of us from being able to return to the one.

The only way to be able to return to the source is through unconditional, complete, universal love.

Everything else is an illusion or so the theory goes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a291b0842ff.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 29-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Before Awareness there was Infinity.

Infinity became aware. Infinity/God/All that Is wanted to experience It Self. We are that Infinity, experiencing our selves objectively. Now do you see how truly magnificent you are ...... as you observe your self, from the form of your SELF, that your self is observing?

We are God also. Done. Enlightenment at it's very simplest.

Divinity is Simplicity.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyJude

Yeah... I thought so too like you.
But i came to realize that Awareness is not something.

Awareness is perceiving.

Maybe you are right. Then the title should be "before the beginning of everything, there was something"...

[edit on 30-8-2010 by saabacura]

[edit on 30-8-2010 by saabacura]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by blujay

Infinity became aware. Infinity/God/All that Is wanted to experience It Self. We are that Infinity, experiencing our selves objectively. Now do you see how truly magnificent you are ...... as you observe your self, from the form of your SELF, that your self is observing?

Divinity is Simplicity.

Infinity is a constant. If infinity is a constant how could awareness come second?

How can infinity have developed Awareness if it has no reason to change?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
An awareness in of itself, cannot tell if it is something or nothing... Unless, it sees nothing and discovers that it is something.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by blujay

Divinity is Simplicity.

Infinity is a constant. If infinity is a constant how could awareness come second?

How can infinity have developed Awareness if it has no reason to change?

Wow good one I like it

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I like the materialist explanation better: first there was nothing, which exploded.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
I like the materialist explanation better: first there was nothing, which exploded.

I have a question for you:

Can nothing exist?

If it does, what would it look like and what would it be able to do?

I know what nothingness looks like, can you display a image of nothingness to us here on ATS?

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Nothingness is hard to imagine.

Most people think "darkness", but it's not.

Darkness is something.

Think before you were born, that was nothing.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyJude
Nothingness is hard to imagine.

Most people think "darkness", but it's not.

Darkness is something.

Think before you were born, that was nothing.

I can live with thinking that an awareness is something. Then my title should be "before the beginning of everything, there was just something/awareness"

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I can live with thinking that an awareness is something. Then my title should be "before the beginning of everything, there was just something/awareness"

This thread begs the question:

Can you create something from nothing?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by 547000

I have a question for you:

Can nothing exist

If it does, what would it look like and what would it be able to do?

I know what nothingness looks like, can you display a image of nothingness to us here on ATS?

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

I don't really believe it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join