It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Assassinations Lie at the Heart of America's Military Strategy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Mass Assassinations Lie at the Heart of America's Military Strategy

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c84a191eb67.jpg[/atsimg]

Greatly expanded U.S. military Special Ops teams, U.S. drone strikes
and private espionage networks run by former CIA assassins create a threat
to our security.

"[General McChrystal says that] for every innocent person you kill,
you create 10 new enemies." --
"The Runaway General," Rolling Stone, 6/22/10

The U.S. has conducted assassination programs in the Third
World for decades, but the actual killing -- though directed and financed
by the C.I.A. -- has been largely left to local paramilitary and police forces.
This has now has changed dramatically.

What is unprecedented today is the vast number of Americans directly
assassinating Muslims -- through greatly expanded U.S. military Special
Operations teams, U.S. drone strikes and private espionage networks
run by former CIA assassins and torturers.

www.alternet.org...

comments:
can someone please tell me why this is allowed to
go on? Why does the US Gov allow a rogue agency
to be above reproach? Can anybody tell me when
the last CIA Agent was tried and convicted of a
crime? ANY crime???

I didn't think so. The CIA needs to labeled a Terrorist entity
and disbanded. Murder, Assassination, Drug trade, etc...
runs rampant and ignored.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
geez, today is not my day for posting it seems.
another thread posted for 90 minutes with no
responses. Has the 2nd Coming happened
and I missed it???

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Well when the article itself claims the US is conducting mass assassinations then also says it has no idea how many or who has been killed it kind ruins any point it is trying to make. If the writer does not know and is just guessing then what is the point? Also you call the CIA a rogue agency when they have been authorized to conduct such attacks by the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists passed by Bush in 2001 with the full support of both parties in Congress.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
i guess because it's not really earth-shaking to consider what you posted as being possible...i mean look how many people turned out to listen to glen beck and sarah palin, as if both them are the second coming of jesus christ himself...i guess what i'm trying to say is that the weird is the new normal. besides, there is little the average person can do, without resorting to armed revolution. the wealthy and corporate have been in control for a long time.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

So many people know this is the truth, I've mentioned on this site a book roughly titled CIA's greatest hits about assassination. By as another poster said, the military/political/industrial/media complex allows these state-crimes to go unpunished.

What ya gonna do?!? The mad-men have taken over the asylum, when we do it its fighting terror, when they do it its terrorism. The lines are soooo obvious to anyone who looks even briefly at the right historical books. It's so weak that the CIA routinely murders and deals drugs and then claim national security. Is it Mike Ruppert who disclosed some of this, the videos are on youtube I think.

CIA are the baddies and must be stopped, this goes back at least as far as the 1950's when they decided to get rid of the democratically elected leader of Iran and then blame communists.

Anyway, peace out.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Oh man, I really don't want to be rude to you, murder, whether its legal or not is not cool. I did not check out the links, I've read enough already to know the CIA is one of if not the biggest threat to humanity going.

Read looooots more books on the subject is my advice. I think Chomsky wrote a lot about US funding of para-military groups in South American, it was pretty eye opening to me, but I knew about this sort of stuff pre-9 it was an inside job 11.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Crying Wolf never amounts to anything more than speaking out loud what we all have already suspected from the get-go.

Be it the drugging of America, be it the funding of Monsters in other Countries, we know they are guilty and we are guilty by association by them. Is this why America has never been up on charges against Humanity? Is this why we are above the World's opinions? What can we do? Why haven't any of our own Monsters been tried for Crimes against Humanity?

Should we all cry Wolf? Will they go away? I am not too sure it will help even if we wake everyone up.

I have recently developed a small sense of Hope with the Julian Assange document releases, I understand this next round will be entirely CIA in Nature.

This does not mean we will get action or accountability because we really are lost in a Government whose agenda surpasses the needs of the People. This is quite obvious. I do look forward to the documents, I will not be personally deciphering them as I believe in the power of those here on ATS that are so superbly intelligent! I love them for being so smart!

I look forward to the new reports on our CIA, and hopefully in all the mess tptb find themselves throwing each other under the Golden Carriage. Just as we are now realizing that the CIA doesn't want the Drug Cartels in Mexico to be crushed, that will be revealed before long!

In the end each of us is accountable, but the Truth will set us Free!

I like McChrystal, he would be a great person for Julian to meet next! LOL If there were ever a Soul who is ready to reveal it is McChrystal! I would invite him to Coup the Coop! WhooHoo!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think you may be taking this the wrong way. You provide a paraphrased quote of McChrystal, that killing innocent people creates many new enemies. This is all the justification that the mass assassinations need. The government calls them 'targeted killings' as opposed to assassinations because they are not assassinations in the traditional sense. They are not secretive, nor are they carried out as part of political intrigues. They are targeting America's military enemies with weapons far more advanced than the 'smart' bombs of the Vietnam and Serbian wars. These are the most precise weapons of war ever devised, with very few innocent casualties and very little collateral damage. We should be happy that this is happening! Imagine the money and human lives that this will save!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Killing the moral geniuses who do this:

www.independent.co.uk...

apnews.myway.com...

and who threaten more against the US and her citizens is what you do when you are at war. Unfortunately they have prolonged the war for their own ulterior motives.

top topics

join