It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Untapped Civilization

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Quick, let's get them before the british do!!!!! They have to have some sort of resources we can exploit!!!!! but no seriously if this is real what are you waiting for get them already.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I am not sure what you mean by "untapped" civilization. If definitions mean anything by our definition they cannot be considered a civilization:

"a : a relatively high level of cultural and technological development; specifically : the stage of cultural development at which writing and the keeping of written records is attained."

They do live within some sort of cultural setting but as you alluded to it is relatively unstudied which may be a good thing. I can't see our government leaving them alone. It may be paradise it may not be but I suspect they are as full of their own taboos and superstitions as we are of ours. Frankly I doubt they have evolved at all. The best guess is they are still a hunter gatherer society with a tribal mentality and have not progressed into an agrarian one. Obviously they ar not tolerant. Of course we might find that immensely enjoyable but I rather doubt it. Our brain circuits have been acculturated to what we live in today. If you are really serious I could arrange for you to spend some time with the Huarani tribe in Ecuador. They are relatively untouched.

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
Hello all, I came across something that i thought was pretty interesting the other day when i was supposed to be working. I didn't know that there is a group of people who were possibly the last untapped civilization left on the planet.

These people, called the Sentinelese come from North Sentinel Island which is one of the Andaman Islands in the Bay of Bengal. These people are cut off from civilization. Could this be the galapagos islands for humans? I cant help but wonder if they have evolved any differently from people on the mainland.

The census workers in India tried to do a head count from the air, but only came up with 30 or 40 people. The article states that there is a high probability that there are many more inhabitants of North Sentenel Island.

Most of what is known about Sentinelese material culture is based on observations during contact attempts in the late 20th century.

These people DO NOT like outsiders. Which adds even more to the mystery of who they are. There was one interesting story of a time when civilized man tried to befriend these people. The researchers tryed to bribe them with gifts. They gave the Sentinelese a hog only for them to shoot and bury it. They gave them a green bucket and they became angry. However, a red bucket was introduced and they loved it. Perhaps they have affections for certain colors? They are also a very hostile people.

In 2006, Sentinelese archers killed two fishermen who were fishing illegally within range of the island, and drove off the helicopter that was sent to retrieve their bodies with a hail of arrows. To this date, their bodies remain unrecovered, although the downdraught from the helicopter's rotors at the time exposed the two fishermen, who had been buried in shallow graves by the Sentinelese.

Did I mention that these people DO NOT like outsiders? I cant help but wonder what these people beleve in (like a god or something?). Tribal life has always facinated me. One thing is for sure thogh, they deffinately have a beautiful place to stay.

I dont know about the lot of you, but I think I would deffinately leave this debt ridden society behind if I could move to a place like this and never have to worry about ANYONE ever again. So what ya' think ATS?

Wiki Article
Wiki Article

MessOnTheFED!

Edit to take out phoney pics.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Sounds like an island I'd like to move to. I am sure they have evolved differently than the modern world. We have such vast technology that it is certain they would not be influenced as contemporary society has been. I wonder if they have a branch of government and religion. Although some sort of religion probably has been engrained, as we see it in all walks of humans, since the beginning of symbolic representation.

This is a subject I would like to read more about. Thanks for initiated the thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

This is true. I wonder how many "Untapped Civilizations" there actually are in this world. You are correct just because tribes do not have outside influences does not elude to the fact that they are civilized. They sound savage and yes perhaps they are cannibals.

If you want to read about a lost civilization read about the Dogon tribe. Found completely secluded in 1931, they calculated precise coordinated for what they called the Sirius Star. The amazing thing about it was, despite having a wealthy culture, they had no astrological instruments.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I would gladly give all of this "civilization" behind if I could. Unfortunately there is almost no place left to go to find the eden that we once had. Western Decivilization has ensured that. I definitely applaud these indigenous people for standing up for their beliefs. Thanks OP for this ray of hope!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Socio
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

"This is true. I wonder how many "Untapped Civilizations" there actually are in this world."

Its not about how many are there or were there, its about how many became extinct due to self induced agendas.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pacific_waters

Idk if i would like to live with a tribe that i have no clue of their ideals or culture. However i wouldnt mind so much being secluded away from civilization with some like minded people.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowed

You are very welcome. Im just glad someone found this as interesting as i did.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowed

okay, get off the computer, give away all of your belongings, and then go live in the deep forest. i'm sure it will be great. be sure to send us a post card when you get there oh wait... none of those evil western conveniences, i forgot...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Movhisattva

That video was amazing. I like these people a lot, I wish I was one of them...

Did you see the one woman grab her mans arm and lead him away from the visitors?

She intuitively knows our modern culture is corrupt.

Thank you MOTF! For some reason this thread and the video that was posted by Movhisattva gives me hope in a seemingly hopelessly lost modern world.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

You are vey welcome LoneGunMan. Glad I was able to contribute a little.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The curiosity is killing me .

We need drones circling overhead constantly .24/7 Satellite surveillance .

Perhaps air drop Alex Jones into the island ........ they too- might worship giant owls .

What wondrous microbial life were have to share with them .

[edit on 28-8-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c8b3be60b4c9.jpg[/atsimg]

Star for the one who can pinpoint their village/villages(?!) or any other sign of them on the island.

Check out the top left corner in googlemaps, a quite big shipwreck.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I would almost like to see some of there drawing if they do any or writing. Just to compare it to past civilizations and see it it corresponds with anything.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

I hadnt thought about that at all. That would be very interesting. thank you for participating in the thread!

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Not surprisingly most people who say they want to leave modern society all behind and live a secluded basic life would not last 6 months if that...That's because while it has it's faults modern civilization is a damn sight better than many people give it credit for imo.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Yea I usually don't participate as I am better at actually saying my words then typing my thoughts. Thus usually what I post doesn't come off the way I want to to. So I try and keep it short.

I think the most interesting thing would be seeing there depictions of say helicopters, planes, animals, ufos(if they have any). Reading what they have for beliefs such as gods etc. Then comparing them to say the Mayans or someone else who has not changed in a very long time.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Theres a MacDonalds on the Eastern side of the island!

Seriously, I've been following events for this tribe for some time. I hope they never allow us in as it would destroy them. Many have been killed in the past from illegal fishermen landing etc.
Mixing with them would bring in disease and possibly alcohol eventually.

They have stories passed down from generations about previous contact. They don't fear the outsiders as much as they want them to stay away. They know those that come are more advanced, but they know that most contact ends up in death. They have been shot at in the past. I bet the leader or shaman if they have one, warns of the need to keep them away.

Just look what is happening to the Jarawan people on South Andaman island who finally decided to make contact on the main island where they lived close to immigrants from India. Their culture will eventually disappear.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I actually started a thread on this about 3 months ago. The Last Island of the Savages

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join