It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Catholic Priest Sex Scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
ATS Team:

Parents sue after filming priest having sex with teen daughter in basement

August 28, 2010 - 4:02PM

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4fdaac7a43d0.jpg[/atsimg]

A Pennsylvania couple secretly videotaped a Catholic priest having sex with their 18-year-old daughter in the basement of their home and are now suing, saying he got her pregnant.

The lawsuit, filed on Thursday, alleges that the Reverend Luis A Bonilla Margarito carried on a sexual relationship with the teen while he was the chaplain of Reading Central Catholic High School and she was a senior there.

Link to article

Now, I'm far from being a "church basher".....

But gee.....they certainly do bring a whole lot of pain down on themselves when this stuff goes on.

These guys have to be run out of town.....or church.....well, you know exactly what I mean!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I just looked over the Pennsylvania age of consent laws (link) and it looks like the parents only have a case if the daughter agrees that she was forcibly compelled:

"Forcible compulsion." Compulsion by use of physical, intellectual, moral, emotional or psychological force, either express or implied. The term includes, but is not limited to, compulsion resulting in another person's death, whether the death occurred before, during or after sexual intercourse.
(from the above link)

Otherwise, the state's laws are on the priest's side:

§ 3122.1. Statutory sexual assault.

Except as provided in section 3121 (relating to rape), a person commits a felony of the second degree when that person engages in sexual intercourse with a complainant under the age of 16 years and that person is four or more years older than the complainant and the complainant and the person are not married to each other.
(same link)

So, in this case, statutory sexual assault is out unless this started prior to her 18th birthday.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the priest's actions here; I think they're rather despicable. I'm just saying that unless the girl says this started before she turned 18 or that it wasn't consensual, then legally speaking, there's no case, as near as I can tell.

I could be wrong, though. I'm not a lawyer, I just play one on ATS.

Thanks for posting, and here's hoping for some accountability in the Catholic Church.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Well he definitely abused his position of power, and was very unprofessional, for that he should be punished... but im baffled as to why having a guy having sex with a 18 year old is frowned upon so much?
Seems strange to me...

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

TheAssociate.....

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out legally.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Well he definitely abused his position of power, and was very unprofessional, for that he should be punished... but im baffled as to why having a guy having sex with a 18 year old is frowned upon so much?
Seems strange to me...

Solomons.....

He abused a position of trust & authority.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by Solomons
Seems strange to me...

Solomons.....

He abused a position of trust & authority.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

A guy having sex with a 18 year old (who consents, by the way) really isn't an issue. It's the fact that "the guy" is also a Catholic priest who swore to take on a life of celibacy as part of the priesthood angers people. If the Catholic Church would come out of the dark ages and let their clergy marry like pretty much all other religions ,a lot, but not all, of these problems would be averted.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
???

This isn't a sex scandal. This is a case of a teenage girl boning a priest. Is it immoral? Yes, but it isn't illegal or a scandal to say the least. It's poor judgement by both parties. How can the parents have any legal recourse? Their daughter is classified as an adult and she was aleeping with the priest. What's worse is that the parents knew and they let it happen! They let it go on so they could get it on film. Sounds to me like the parents are just as sick as the girl and Bonilla. They basically whored out their daughter to a priest to get it on film in order to sue. Disgusting ppl indeed.

Least the guy wasn't cheating on his wife.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by spinalremain]

[edit on 28-8-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Please contribute to the authors other thread on this subject located Here

Closing

Thank you

Semper

new topics

top topics

join