It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed: US may face another recession

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

www.presstv.ir

With the US government announcing a decline in manufacturing activity and the weakest rate of new home purchases in almost 50 years, experts say the US economy may be on the verge of yet another recession.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
All those people who wondered why the US didn't allow the Zionist DOG to attack Iran, here comes the truth.

Disclaimer: the Zionist regime of Israel is the American DOG, America feeds its DOG, give it armor etc etc when it tells its DOG to attack, it will attack. So don't take my description of the Zionist regime as anything but an obvious description.

That being said:

"The economy remains vulnerable to unexpected developments," said Bernanke.

The attack on Iran would be that unexpected development.

+ if Iran is attacked, the US will become completely devastated from all sides, it has too much enemies, only its loyal DOG Israel will help it.

This is the reason for not starting another unprovoked war, because it will cause the destruction of US and the removal of US forces from the Middle East, a resource rich land under the Western Empire.

www.presstv.ir

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I thought this was going to be a post about the US economy.

My mistake.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

www.presstv.ir

With the US government announcing a decline in manufacturing activity and the weakest rate of new home purchases in almost 50 years, experts say the US economy may be on the verge of yet another recession.

Call me Pollyanna but I still think it will all work out just fine....after a few minor bumps.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Another recession?

When did we get out of the recession we were just in?

Could you be thinking of depression?
A depression seems to loom in the shadows in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I agree with two of the posters above me.
First, from the title of the thread and the linked source, I was under the silly impression that the economy would be discussed by the OP. Not Israel.

Second, we are still in a recession, so to say we may face another recession seems like saying you have a brain tumor, you may face a brain tumor. Well no kidding.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]
I'm sorry, I thought this was going to be a post about the US economy.

My mistake.

Well if I was an economist I would be talking about the economy, but I'm not, so I will keep it political and you can agree or disagree with the feds..

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Just by the stats, now is not a good time for the US to be giving money away handover fist..especially to a non NNPR country which is totally illegal under US law.
while americans live in tents and under bridges...
Just the banker bailout which the American Tax payer is on the hook for was beyond questionable.

Then you have the trillions missing as has been announced by Runsfeldstiltskin just before 911, and the billions missing in Iraq..that was just announced the other day...what, and all the files where in Building seven,,,gee thanx OBL, you did a swell job
Bernie Madoff with the loot, and Jack Abramoff, just to name a pew...

Then there is the money the Zionist bankers have sucked out of the system from which they have paid themselves massive bonarses while totally sinking the American economy by design, so they can collapse the economy and end up owning everything through the continuity of banking act...

There are 30 million Americans (conservatively) out of work, while there are thirty million (conservatively) illegal immigrants in the country.

California is sinking into the financial morass,,,let alone the sea.
sea ya, shame about your luck, sucks to be you.
shoulda been watching the ball, not the hollyweird movies where you won wars you actually lost...

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Yes, good point... I thought we still were in the recession? Did I miss the news bulletin showing its apparent demise?
There is another thread that asserts we are actually in a depression. Not a recession.
Just a bit of trivia.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Then next time why don't you post a thread with a title about how much Israel sucks instead of posting a link to a source you have no intention of discussing? Deceptive dude... there are better ways to get people to listen to you rant.

I thought this kind of tactic was above ATSers but apparently not

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The Depression was only temporarily interupted by kiting a few checks. Nothing has changed except more of OUR money was printed and given to the banks, who then put it at 'the fed' (owned by the banks) and charged interest on OUR money to US! Nice huh? They can steal our money and charge us interest on it to boot! WTF? People better wake the hell up and end this crap! Meanwhile I'm not feeling real sorry for the country since it's stupid enough to let this go on unchallenged. Maybe some real hurt will wake em up.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
reply to post by oozyism

Then next time why don't you post a thread with a title about how much Israel sucks instead of posting a link to a source you have no intention of discussing? Deceptive dude... there are better ways to get people to listen to you rant.

I thought this kind of tactic was above ATSers but apparently not

As long as Zionist lovers reads it I'm happy.

+

This is breaking news, the rest is my comment in regards to the breaking news, the title is not mine, the title is from the News Source..

Cry me a river

[edit on 27-8-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
NO!?

Does the Fed actually believe that people were still listening to CNBC, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, NPR, Obama, Geithner, Frank, Dodd, Piglosi, Reid etc etc etc?

Wonder why the VAST majority of people have NOT been spending their money like the government? Wonder why the smart ones were preparing for the debacle coming? Can you say, Greece looks almost prescient.

These were the same sources that said the economy was fundamentally sound.

They were the same sources that ONLY the sheeple listened to.

Many folks out there have been RIGHT all along. One of them the libs hate and I am so laughing my ass off right now. Guess what folks, glad you listened to all the hate rhetoric against him. glad you have continued to spend like drunken criminals (not sailors, sailors spend their own money).

Keep listening to the liberal talking heads, keep believing there is nothing wrong.

WHO do you think we should listen to? Our own guts and those that have been right all along, or to the MSM and their puppeteers.

I feel sorry for no one, you HAD BEEN WARNED. Just because your ideologies would not allow you to listen to the RIGHT sources, does not bother me ONE iota.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by saltheart foamfollower]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Careful oozyism. Your opinion matters, of course. But try not to tangent too far because you know you will generate a response that is not focused on the subject of the thread. I think there is a thread about kinds of trolls...

Anyhow, I agree with the other posters. What is a recession multiplied by a recession? Is there an economist anywhere who knows what the product is?

I wonder why I even ask sometimes because I have a hard time believing the economy is this creature that runs amuck, wreaks havoc, and then hibernates for a few years. I think that possibly the people in control of the economy do that to their own ends.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Have you noticed that the MSM has never even given the definition of a depression over the last 2 years?

The definition of a depression is 4 consecutive quarters with declining GDP.

We have been in a depression, CONTINUOUSLY since Obama has been in office.

When you borrow to make up the difference by government spending, that DOES NOT change the very economic problems involved, it ONLY hides the depression.

But what else it does it creates a longer and MORE SEVERE depression.

The SAME thing that Roosevelt did is what Obama has done.

To create an even WORSE depression.

Welcome to the Great Depression 2.0. Twice as bad and twice as severe of a situation.

Back in the first, they did NOT have a 1 to 12 ratio in GDP to unfunded liabilities. They did not have a 1 to 1+ ration in GDP to debt.

As for me calling liberals out, this includes, Carter, Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2 and NOW Obama.

They were all liberal, liberal with our money, liberal with the destruction of our rights and privacy, liberal with wars, etc etc etc!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Chill salt. How do you pretend to be above others when you are just as poor as everyone else?

Promissary notes are a measure of debt - not wealth.

Therefore, if you have $20, you owe the District $20 at some point, in some way. It's their property.

If you have $1,000,000, you owe the District $1,000,000! It's their property!

You think you have a lot if you still have your house and a new car and all the new toys... but what you actually have is a lot of overpriced stuff that put you further into debt and further into the tax-hole. Not to mention all the hassle that your family goes through after you die...

So, basically, this coming recession just means that the District will be taking more of their property back from you because they have a need to preserve more of their property because the more real commodity you have the more power you have... and since the foreign markets are becoming richer with resources and are more actively competing with the District in the U.N., the District is having a harder time keeping its grip as the primary power in the U.N.... therefore, the District would rather take from its slaves and give to the U.N. to buy their power in the world than to take care of their slaves so that their slaves can have more power, thereby creating a more unified District which would actually stand a fighting chance at keeping our domestic borders properly secured and the people within these borders may live better and learn better to farm for ourselves and create for ourselves as we used to before the District started selling work out to foreign interests in the hopes that they would save on the amount of commodities going out because we all know that foreign workers expect less because they are raised to work - like we used to be - instead of being Entitled Princes and Princesses.

Whew.

I can't believe myself. Is that like the longest run-on ever?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I understand how you feel and I know what you are saying.

Just remember that those people that you are bashing are the scape-goats and they are not actually in charge. They are leaders of D.C. but the reality is that they are just mediums. You're just shooting the messengers basically -- because they're all bought.

I mean no harm, so please forgive me if I come harshly. I just mean to possibly change the course of your anger so that people here don't suffer for what is inevitable... regardless of anyone's spending habits. Well, not totally regardless, but in large part regardless.

Heh. I sound like that mexican comedian. "Regart-less."

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

www.presstv.ir

what do they mean another one? i thought we are still in one...........

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Obama didn't start the depression. Stop blaming him. It started when Bush was still in office.

When you listen to Fox News too much, you end up blaming the current guy while ignoring the fumbles of the previous guy.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Well the title of another thread might give us a hint, it says :"Economic Armageddon: Ladies and Gentlemen, the Double Dip is Here!"

Meaning Double recession?? I don't know, maybe, maybe not, that thread says depression, since double recession lol I'm so damn confused at this point.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join