It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Strange Sounds.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I don't really know where to begin with this, I stumbled across this on youtube and it's left me feeling really perplexed and genuinely disorientated.

I honestly thought this was an attempt at an urban legend type prank until I listened to it the whole way through and now 10 minutes later I just don't feel "right". I keep getting patches of colour in my vision and my co-ordination is kinda screwy.

Honestly, the text I quote from the youtube account sounds really hokey, but read it then listen to the audio...

Driven by my desire to know what caused his untimely death, I opened the properties dialog box for the audio file, without opening the file to listen to it. Within the comments section of the metadata, he had written, "binaural tones, i added the necessary frequencies, i know why lavender town sounds so sad, and i know the part that was missing". Even eerier, I looked in his default audio program (still without listening to the file) and found the playcount for this file. One. I chatted with a sound enthusiast online in hope to decipher these cryptic comments. He gave me some special software which would analyze the audio in real time and said that was the most that could be done. This video is a screen recording of me running the aforementioned software with the original audio file. To this day I have not listened to the actual audio, as I am too emotionally disturbed by my best friend, Anthony's, death.

I would strongly urge you not to listen to this if you suffer from epilepsy, migraine or anything similar.

To my mind it sounds like there's a lot of "Brainwave Synchroniser" used in this, an effect available in CoolEditPro, that I used to use, but I never got it to work this effectively.

Anyone got a clue as to what's going on with this? The account apparently links to a high quality version of the audio if anyone wants it. I also believe the 2nd video posted by the guy is supposed to sync up and I'm having trouble getting them to do so accurately in youtube - any suggestions???

2nd video, warning as above.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Sorry, but I could only get through a short bit of listening to it.
I think I would be ill as well if I had to listen to more than 30 seconds.
Sounds like some really crappy music...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
never played pokemon on the gameboy?

sounds identical to some of the music on the game.

edit: just saw the second video. It IS music from pokemon, it even sais so in the video

oh wait, you probably know that, you were asking if this music that was added to the game was anything other than just odd music. Is it subliminal? envoke emotions?, make you feel dizzy/sick? have a hidden message?

I think that the last one might be true, it could be an easter egg, it sounds like there is a vioce coded into the music, and if you know how you could run some filters and make out what it was saying.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Intersting to say the least, It hurt my ears, or rather my head, and No, I couldnt get all the way through it. I noticed a curious tone going on in the background that seemed to make my bones vibrate, I still have a headache in the left front area of my forehead. Ill agree with the second poster, it does sound at first like just crappy music done on a synth, or something thats been slowed way down from what it should be.
Don't know, really strange though, won't be listening to that again I can guarantee you.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
LOL what a load of bull.

I mean, in the first video "the screen recording in real time" an image of a boo from mario is drawn into the the "sound analysis." I'm not really sure what this is supposed to do or be but it's just a urban legend methinks.

Just some old Nintendo music.

Considering the above comment, it could be ghastly from pokemon. But I still think it's a boo.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Mr Headshot]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Rossa

It hurts me as well. Maybe it's the strength of the sound coming from my speakers.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I know what this is.

I'm a musician and use as most musicians use Technology heavily in my productions.

This sounds very very similar to a process produced by a Graphics to sound synth engine such as Photosounder.

You can draw in starting point or import images and the program either generates a fractal or plays directly the image data interprated as values.

I suspect your vid is a visualisation of a midi file then the odd sounding sounds that co-incide with the graphics of ghosts and odd text is the sound interpratation of those images.

You can get photosounder here...

photosounder.com...

Hope this helps,

all the best,

Korg.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Thing is it definitely sounds like crap to begin with, it seems purposefully atonal - it's not pleasant to listen to...

I studied audio engineering years ago, never was great at it, but I remember doing some study on this sort of thing where frequency would have an effect on the brain and it really has had an effect on me, I still feel pretty disorientated and not in a nice way.

Anyone explain how this is being done? Aside from the fact it's nasty sounding.

Edit to add:

reply to post by Korg Trinity

Thanks, was posting as you were. Why does the audio have such a strong effect and do you know of an easy way of syncing the 2 youtube videos together at once?

[edit on 27/8/1010 by jokei]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
LOL what a load of bull.

I mean, in the first video "the screen recording in real time" an image of a boo from mario is drawn into the the "sound analysis." I'm not really sure what this is supposed to do or be but it's just a urban legend methinks.

Just some old Nintendo music.

Considering the above comment, it could be ghastly from pokemon. But I still think it's a boo.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Mr Headshot]

That's the ghost in the old pokemon games. Before you can identify actual ghost Pokemon this one appears which it is not a Pokemon.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...

TextThe Ghost-type Pokémon in the tower appear to have a unique ability to disguise themselves as the ghosts of humans. However, a Silph Scope will reveal their true natures and identity, allowing the Pokémon to be engaged in battle. Any Pokémon who attempts to fight ghosts without a Silph Scope will be "too scared to move."

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

if thats what program on the video, then there was images hidden in the wav file by the author, either the person who posted the videos(some sort of hoax) or nintendo put them there.

there is a stream of pokemon in this video(starts at 2mins):

Which can be turned into a sentance if you know what each letter the pokemon(i think they are called anon) represents. there is real a code here. I find this extremly interesting.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I just so happened to have found an alphabet of these pokemon, this should be extremly simple to decode.

i just hope it doesnt say something like "you got trolled"

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Still it's very scary to listen to both songs. Tonight I'm going for walk with my Ipod and these songs downloaded.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei

Thanks, was posting as you were. Why does the audio have such a strong effect and do you know of an easy way of syncing the 2 youtube videos together at once?

It's easily done, though I am not in the studio right now. Can lift the audio from the youtube vids but would be easier if I had the actual wavs.

If the audio is different lengths I would have two choices. Either I combine them as is, or can time stretch to make them the same length and sync the rhythms.

If you can get me both files in wav format I could post um back here for you.

As to why they seem to have an eerie feel to them is mostly due to the notes used are in a minor key, that is to say that the mood of the piece was one that made you feel in a slightly uneasy fashion.

Using major or minor keys is how you go about setting the feel of a track.

An example..

In addition the repetitive nature and the length if listened to in its entirety would indeed send your brainwaves into a state of non-awareness, a bit like watching tv constantly.

Whoever put your piece together was quite clever, they knew about brainwave activity, they knew about music and they knew about technology. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were a computer programmer or a producer… something like that.
All the best,

Korg.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
somebody on youtube beat me to it:

Our words shall remain here for the ages

Thus we shall erect a pokemon statue outside

We humans must learn to walk in harmony with them

They possess great insight and refuse the outside world

Escape

just an easter egg...or some kind of double meaning message that gamefreak/nintendo wouldnt dare put out in the open.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Edit: Too slow.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
somebody on youtube beat me to it:

Our words shall remain here for the ages

Thus we shall erect a pokemon statue outside

We humans must learn to walk in harmony with them

They possess great insight and refuse the outside world

Escape

just an easter egg...or some kind of double meaning message that gamefreak/nintendo wouldnt dare put out in the open.

beat me too it

I just decoded... our words shall remain here for the ages

LoL

No need to sync up the wav now.. nothing to see here

Korg.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Beat me to it!
Good work sir.

Mystery over? I'm still perplexed by the audio though - just because it's so damn freaky.

reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Be interested on feedback to your walk.

If you go to the actual youtube account there are downloads available, think the guy said they were high-quality mp3s...

With regards the time disparity, I'd think starting them both at the same time, because there's a bit at the end of the 2nd one that seems to be "important" ??? I'd really appreciate it if you could put them together - I'll take one for the team and listen to it as well.

Could you tell us more about the brainwave activity? I read up on it years ago and really don't remember much.

P.S. Still interested in the two together, just to see what happens.

Does anyone know if this is easily do-able with 2 tabs of youtube?

Basically how do I reload 2 tabs at once?

EDIT: Note to self, use google.

Open both pages in tabs
Right click any tab
Refresh All pages!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei

P.S. Still interested in the two together, just to see what happens.

O.k. i'm downloading the files.

Will process them over the weekend and post the results here.

Korg.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Sweet! I can not wait. Is there anyway we can make it work faster?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Sweet! I can not wait. Is there anyway we can make it work faster?

Sure, if you want to you can use audacity, it's freeware. Will allow you to pull in multiple audio sources and play them together.

You can get Audacity here

audacity.sourceforge.net...

Sorry if I'm not quick enough for you though, I'm right in the midle of a paying project with a timescale and have to keep a day job going at the same time

All the best,

Korg.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Korg Trinity]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join