It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unlike Taliban, I wouldn't force you to pray

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I was thinking about how the Taliban beat up people to go and pray, that I found odd, because the people who were beating other people up at the times of prayer, they didn't pray themselves, that we you can see how illogical their system of governance was.

They were wrong, no body helped them make that wrong to right, because everyone was waiting for them to slip up and invade Afghanistan.

The Taliban were simply un-educated people, not that smart either, they were simply students, hence that is what the Taliban means, but no one thought them how to govern. It shows how F'd up the world is.

If I believe prayer was good, and it would be good for a society to pray (which I do), and to pray in places such as Mosques, Churches etc, I wouldn't beat them up to pray. I would rather encourage them to pray, not terrorize.

Gathering people five times a day in a place to pray, then have a chat after the prayer is not a bad thing at all, infact in my opinion should be encourage. That being said, I would pay people to pray.

If I was the ruler of an Islamic nation, I would pay a sum of money to all those who pray, when they come to the Mosque, they will automatically receive a sum of money on their account.

Create a new system in the Mosques where you enter and pray, the system is activated after the prayer when you leave, then you swipe your card and ching ching.

This way the poor will not only get involved, but get payed at the same time, the courtesy of your government, while doing what the society thinks, is truly good.

This will get everyone involved, and bring the community closer. This will also influence those who spend most of their time doing drugs and alcohol to get influenced by the good people in the community.

There will also be the option, where you don't have to swipe your card, it is simply up to you.

Muslims needs to come up with new ideas, the Quran is forever, but not our cultures, we need to change culturally, slowly and efficiently, for the good of humanity.

:bash:

[edit on 26-8-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I am not Muslim, so I do not know if the same applies for you, but Christians most frequently pray outside of houses of worship. It is something that we often do in private, in times of need or to feel closer to God.

Out of curiousity, would your system make allowances for this kind of worship?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I am not Muslim, so I do not know if the same applies for you, but Christians most frequently pray outside of houses of worship. It is something that we often do in private, in times of need or to feel closer to God.

Out of curiousity, would your system make allowances for this kind of worship?

Allowance, umm well people usually stop their work and everything at the times of prayer in Muslim nations, therefore if they drive to their nearest mosque for prayer, they would get payed for it, just like they would get payed for working. So it is keeping the balance.

So it is encouraged.

What do you mean by allowance?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

By allowance I mean would Christians be compensated for prayer in their own fashion - that is to say would they be paid if they were to pray outside of a Church?

It is not a Christian tradition to pray on a schedule. Other than attending a Church service on their Sabbath, most Christians pray at home when and how they choose. Say, before meals in thanks, or at night, before bed.

If you had this position and power would the Christian tradition of worship be rewarded and respected equally and as the Islamic tradition would be?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by oozyism

By allowance I mean would Christians be compensated for prayer in their own fashion - that is to say would they be paid if they were to pray outside of a Church?

It is not a Christian tradition to pray on a schedule. Other than attending a Church service on their Sabbath, most Christians pray at home when and how they choose. Say, before meals in thanks, or at night, before bed.

If you had this position and power would the Christian tradition of worship be rewarded and respected equally and as the Islamic tradition would be?

Well yes, Prayer in general is good, gathering people, and allowing them to communicate in a place of worship rather than bars and clubs is a huge two thumbs up to the society from my point of view.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Thank you very much for your time. You've been very kind in answering my questions and have helped me understand your religion in a way that news or places like ATS usually cannot.

Again, I thank you.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

That's like paying people money to breathe. It's a pleasure to pray to the Lord, why would you have to pay me to do it?????

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by oozyism

That's like paying people money to breathe. It's a pleasure to pray to the Lord, why would you have to pay me to do it?????

Then put it this way, if the world refused to breathe, would you beat them up to breathe, or tell them hey, you can breathe and we will pay you some money for it to live => breathe and live.

This is related socially also, hence people will come together in a place, old and young, black and white, sometimes people from journey and pray, then after prayer maybe talk about their day etc and kids can go play, money lovers can talk about money, smokers go on the side have a puff of smoke etc.

It is socially good because it will let people socialize in a place other than clubs and bars.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Seems you have a problem with religious folks, so do I. Religious folks murdered Jesus because He didn't follow their rules..

and said He was God. But they initially were aggravated with Him for not following their human rules.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Seems you have a problem with religious folks, so do I. Religious folks murdered Jesus because He didn't follow their rules..

and said He was God. But they initially were aggravated with Him for not following their human rules.

Depends what you mean by religious folks really.

There're different types of religious folks which we shouldn't shed in the same light, actually some shouldn't even be called religious folks because they simply use religious to push for their own personal gain.

That being said, if by religious folks you mean those individuals who go around forcing people to follow their own personal understand of the world, and their own personal belief, then yes I'm with you.

But if by religious people, you mean individuals who are simply devotes of their own faith and allows other to believe their own version, then no, I don't see them as a problem, I see themas part of the solution.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

THIS is what I'm talking about when I speak of "Religion/Religious Folks".

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I'm watching another video so I can't watch your video. Are you trying to present your belief as a life style?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

As a life-style? No, I'm trying to present my belief as a mater of fact. "Religion" teaches that its all about what we do or don't do. I reject that strongly. My belief is not on anything I have done, but on what Jesus already did 2,000 years ago.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

There are numerous of people who believe in Jesus and interpret him different. So I don't believe in theory of Jesus life. If we wanted to confirm him and what he did in his life then we would have to go in the pass. There is just so much controversy.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

As a life-style? No, I'm trying to present my belief as a mater of fact. "Religion" teaches that its all about what we do or don't do. I reject that strongly. My belief is not on anything I have done, but on what Jesus already did 2,000 years ago.

What about before 2000 years ago?

Just asking sincerely.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The "prayer" in this case is "Salat", meaning a sort of....ritual meditation? It is prescribed to all muslims 5 times a day. Personally, I enjoy it. It gives me a forced break from the hubbub of life, allowing me to slow down and "power up my mana"

"Prayer" in the other sense, is also practised in Islam- i.e. just raising up your hands and begging God. In this case it is called "Du'a". I unfortunately do this less often, but it could arguably be even more important than the first.

The first kind can be done in any place (although it is also done in mosques), at 5 fixed times during the day. The second can be done anywhere, anytime.

Now about the Taliban, I'm surprised at how often they are touted as an "example" of Islam (heck, even Saudi Arabia), when they are the exact opposite. They have such a bizarre, twisted understanding, it really is very weird.

One example, involving prayer. There are some hadith (or narrations), that tell how, during the Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) time, people were so devout, that when the call to prayer came, they just got up from their place of business and went to pray. When an outsider would come, they'd be surprised at all the goods out in the open, with no one guarding them.
So what did the Taliban pick up from this?: CLOSE YOUR PLACES OF BUSINESS DURING PRAYER TIMES, OR WE WILL BEAT YOU. It doesn't matter if someone is dangerously ill and needs medicine, or needs to get to a hospital, BUT YOUR PLACE OF BUSINESS SHOULD BE CLOSED.

Another example: The Prophet recommended (emphasis on RECOMMENDED) that all males should attempt to keep a beard. It is noted in history that many of his companions had one long enough so that they could grab hold of it, and a bit would still stick out underneath their hand.
So what do the Taliban pick up from this?: YOU MUST GROW YOUR BEARD TO THE LENGTH OF ONE HANDFUL, OR ELSE YOU WILL BE JAILED UNTIL YOUR BEARD HAS GROWN TO THAT LENGTH. Never mind that many of the inhabitants of Afghanistan were ethnically related to such groups as the Mongols, and could not grow a proper beard at all. THEY JUST HAD TO, OR THEY WOULD BE JAILED.

It is an unfortunate thing that many muslim groups in this day and age have picked up on a warped literal interpretation of Islam, without understanding of its injunctions.

top topics

join