It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothesis: The Professor Stephen E. Jones Story.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Stephen E. Jones, the American hero has a movie coming out about his journey into truth, as well as the obstacles that lay before him and the accomplishments that lay behind. Many people, myself included, have been comparing the selfless man to the Robert E. Lee, another American hero who did what he thought was right, while ignoring the tremendous consequences that were sure to come as a result.

A couple of months ago, a colleague of mine had emailed this video clip to me with much excitement and while at first I thought it was just another 9/11 documentary stating the same things over and over that we already knew, it wasn't till sometime after that I actually viewed it and realized it was much more than that. This documentary looks very interesting and I can't wait to see it.

I just thought that I would share, as I'm sure that other members will be just as interested as I am. furthermore, it shouldn't really matter which side of the fence you sit, it should be an enlightening look into the mind that has stirred up a lot of emotion and gave some good points along the way.

In any case, I hope you enjoy:

--airspoon

[edit on 26-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I don't know enough about Professor Jones to substantiate my feelings about him. I thought I had seen where he had a connection with the OKC bombings as well.
The fact that he got so much mainstream media attention is what immediately put me off.
I think there is a strong possibility that he is part of the controlled opposition. After years of researching 9/11 it is my belief that tactical nuclear or wave weapons of some sort were used on the twin towers. Seeing the tops of both buildings turn instantly to dust was what convinced me.
Yes, there was thermite in the dust. Someone could have planted it or perhaps it really was in the buildings to lead people on a dead end about what actually brought them down. I have seen the molten metal pouring from the towers and no other explanation besides thermite fills the bill.
Why a professor from BYU of all places?
Now a documentary on him?
Red herrings and controlling the opposition. Surely they planned for the aftermath as well as the actual event itself. My gut feeling is Dr. Jones is NOT part of the truth movement.
No proof to offer, just circumstantial evidence and intuition.
Thanks for posting this Airspoon.

I think a look at his tax returns would tell us what I'd like to know.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Dr Jones is the Pied Piper of the 9/11 truth movement who has led many up a path that leads nowhere. His hypothesis that thermate was used to help bring down the twin towers at the WTC was prompted by the leaking of molten metal from the 79th floor of the South Tower. He assumed that it was steel heated by reactions with thermate. Despite being told by journalist Christopher Bollyn that a former employee of Fuji Bank had contacted him to say that the bank had stored many lead batteries above the floor from which molten metal leaked shortly before the South Tower collapsed, all housed in an area near where the plane had ended up, Jones did not accept the clear implication that the molten metal was the lead from the tons of batteries stored there because it made his theory redundant. So he started to cherry pick more evidence that might support it, misinterpreting the high concentration of sulphur in some dust samples from the WTC as coming from thermate whereas it could have originated in the sulphur dioxide generated by the burning gypsum in the wall boards of WTC offices and explaining the iron spheres he found in it as yet more evidence for iron melted by thermate, whereas it could have been simply minute iron particles that had been blasted off steel columns by high-explosives and heated to melting point by the absorption of energy from these explosives.

Here are possible sources of sulphur:
1. Diesel fuel, found in emergency generators and in vehicles in the WTC parking garages, contained a fairly high concentration of organosulphuric compounds, providing a possible source of sulfur in an energetically favorable form. WTC 7, where all but one of the sulphidized samples came from, had exceptionally large stores of diesel fuel to power emergency command and control equipment.

2. Large banks of batteries existed in a few locations, as backup for computers involved in the financial services, and could plausibly have provided a significant quantity of sulphuric acid.

3. Acid rain could have potentially exposed some surfaces to low concentrations of sulphuric acid over many years.

4. Ocean water, bearing sulphate salts, was pumped onto the burning debris piles as part of the firefighting effort.

Thermate also contains barium – roughly ten times as much barium as sulphur, in the form of barium nitrate before ignition – and there is no evidence of barium. Dr. Jones is therefore simply wrong.

Jones is a limited hangout. Even if thermate in the WTC dust were proven beyond question (it remains a controversial issue), it does not prove that the towers were blown up with its use. The US government has fall-back positions available that could explain its non-criminal presence. One is that it was put secretly in the towers in a safe way years before 9/11 in order to facilitate their eventual controlled demolition. Some people (e.g. Paul Laffoley, who worked on the design of the South Tower for a while) have now said that the towers were designed for quick controlled demolition. This would explain how WTC7 was brought down with a few hours notice, not after weeks of wiring for controlled demolition.

Far from seeing Jones as a hero, I see him as an incompetent scientist who has given false hope to the 9/11 truth movement. The trouble is, so many have been duped by his work, never published in a PROPER, peer-reviewed scientific journal, that they don't realize it. All they see is a scientist who has lost his university job in seeking the truth about 9/11. Perhaps they should start examining his science before they make films that shower him with praise that he does not deserve.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I don't know enough about Professor Jones to substantiate my feelings about him. I thought I had seen where he had a connection with the OKC bombings as well.

I have not heard that, though it wouldn't surprise me if there were "rumors" going around. In fact, I would expect a smear campaign to be launched against him.

Here, we have an internationally known and respected, top-notch physics professor from a very good school who almost immediately called fowl and used his is wealth of knowledge and experience with physics and science to call the OS just what it was, BS. Furthermore, Jones has contributed much of the science working against the OS, to include the nano-thermite. It was Jones who published the scientific paper on the nano-thermite found in Manhattan and Brooklyn directly after the attacks.

Finally, I wouldn't believe most of the negative things put out about Jones, as TPTB have to smear his credability because he was far too important and respected to just ignore as another "conspiracy theorist".

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

If you would read the scientific paper and his follow up to it, you would know that your explanations as to what it could it be, simply aren't plausible. In fact, you not only have to read it, but you also have to understand it.

It's important, as you actually have to think for yourself here, instead of listening to your favorite pundit and what they have to say about the paper.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Big S&F for this find OP!

Now I can't wait to see this one... I am admittedly a documentary addict.. I haven't taken a count on how many I've seen but estimate its over 150.. Again great find and you'll have to thank your friend for sending you that trailer.
(Oh and I'm on professor Jones' side, not to be mistaken with Alex jones
)

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Solar.Absolution]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Stephen E. Jones, the American hero has a movie coming out about his journey into truth, as well as the obstacles that lay before him and the accomplishments that lay behind. Many people, myself included, have been comparing the selfless man to the Robert E. Lee, another American hero who did what he thought was right, while ignoring the tremendous consequences that were sure to come as a result.

Oh, man, this is going to be great.

Comparing Jones to Robert E. Lee may be a little much, but at least people are being simultaneously reminded of Lee. Lee was the greatest gentleman bad ass that ever walked the face of the Earth in my humble opinion.

Here's one example as to why Jones and Lee don't quite compare:

On the 12th of May, 1864, the Confederate lines were broken near Spotsylvania Courthouse; the Federal troops poured into the opening, and a terrible disaster seemed imminent. ... General Lee rode to the front and took his position just in advance of the colors of the Forty ninth Virginia regiment. ... Gordon spurred to his side...and exclaimed... "General Lee, this is no place for you! Do go to the rear. These are Virginians and Georgians, sir -- men who have never failed -- and they will not fail now. Will you boys? Is it necessary for General Lee to lead this charge?" Loud cries of "No! no! General Lee to the rear! General Lee to the rear!...." burst forth from the ranks. ...

While two soldiers led General Lee's horse to the rear, Gordon put himself in front of his division, and his clear voice rang out above the roar of the battle, "Forward! Charge! and remember your promise to General Lee!" ...and these brave fellows swept grandly forward, stemmed the tide, drove back five times their own numbers, retook the larger part of the works, established a new Confederate line, and converted disaster into a brilliant victory.

www.civilwarhome.com...

"General Lee to the rear!!"

[edit on 26-8-2010 by VirginiaRisesYetAgain]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by VirginiaRisesYetAgain

Originally posted by VirginiaRisesYetAgain

Oh, man, this is going to be great.

Comparing Jones to Robert E. Lee may be a little much, but at least people are being simultaneously reminded of Lee. Lee was the greatest gentleman bad ass that ever walked the face of the Earth in my humble opinion.

Agreed, but Professor Jones' (in my humble opinion) has a different type of courage / bravery. Not quite a bad ass but surely he has taken some serious risks.

[Edit : Speeeling]

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Solar.Absolution]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Despite your nearly superheroic efforts to scrape together anything you can to unsuccessfully debunk his conclusions, you have to acknowledge that something was done to assist the collapse of the buildings. It is a matter of record that no high-rise building anywhere on Earth has ever collapsed due to fire. Learn to lose with dignity already.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Jones always wanted to be a star and works very hard to get attention. His actions are not driven by what is "right" but are driven by what makes Jones look important.
I can't wait for the movie. They could cast Stevie as the Captain of the Titanic, furiously scraping paint from a deckhouse bulkhead and sealing it in a bottle with a hasty note written in his own blood. His choice: save himself or the sample bottle. He laughs at death and calmly and heroically goes down with his ship. Here, the audience will begin to suspect the real reason the Titanic sank. Cut to the empty ocean. As Jones' bloodstained cap slowly sinks in the chop, the sample bottle is seen bobbing along floating on the North Sea, headed toward Herritt's lab. Roll credits.

[edit on 8/26/2010 by pteridine]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
you have to acknowledge that something was done to assist the collapse of the buildings. It is a matter of record that no high-rise building anywhere on Earth has ever collapsed due to fire.

And how many other buildings were hit by heavily laden high speed aircraft? That is what assisted the collapse of the buildings.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by warpcrafter
you have to acknowledge that something was done to assist the collapse of the buildings. It is a matter of record that no high-rise building anywhere on Earth has ever collapsed due to fire.

And how many other buildings were hit by heavily laden high speed aircraft? That is what assisted the collapse of the buildings.

Not building 7.

Second line.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Airspoon, I am usually impressed with your depth of research, and effort you put into most of your posts...but, mate...this time, you've lost the plot!

Stephen E. Jones, the American hero...

"hero"?? Hardly.

Take another, better and LONGER, DEEPER look.....

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Care to provide any reference to whatever it is you are implying? Look, I realize that this guy isn't the savior that is going to deliver us all from evil, but he is doing great work and making strides compared to the rest of us. His work on the nano-thermite was excellent to say the least, as was his follow up to the same. Furthermore, he was a very well respected scientist before 9/11 and to throw it all on the line for what he believes, deserves much kudos. In fact, this is why I admire Robert Lee so much.

Are you suggesting that he is seeking fame and fortune, that he is a disinfo agent or that he is just talking out of his rear for no apparent reason? If so, what makes you believe that and what evidence do you have to back up such a claim?

Although this may be jumping the gun but to save another post, I'll just put it out there. Please keep in mind that there should be and probably is
a very effective and subtle smear campaign going on against him. A man of his stature, the same for David Griffin, can't just automatically be written off as a conspiracy nut, therefore they invent it for him.

--airspoon

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Ok Ill buy that. Um.. what about #7 a plane never hit that one? Yeah i guess i cant buy it now sorry.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Haha the usual shills have had their work cut out for them lately and as expected their lame attempts to debunk and discredit truthers are pathetically transparent.

I wonder how they sleep at night doing what they do and if they sleep well then I truly feel sorry for them and their void empty hearts. Quite sad really.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Mr_Awesome]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
One thing i never understood was why people never ask the right questions.

Like people say if it was demolition then why is there no detonation cord?
It should be everywhere.

But i would ask 2 questions on this.
#1 Why can you not make det.cord look like PC/TV cables?
#2 Where is all the cables from the towers? TV/PC/the Servers/Phones and so on i don't see them so why would i see det.cord?

And why did the planes that hit the towers no go out the other end? (intact)

I mean 1 punched a hole in about 8 walls at the pentagon and thats steel reinforced concrete. So why not at the WTC?

The FACT is you can't have both so pick 1

A: The planes are made of armor (if so where are the 2 that hit the WTC)
B: A plane did not hit the pentagon

A plane is not a tank its not a bunker-buster it would have left its wings on the lawn it would not have made it that far.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
One thing i never understood was why people never ask the right questions.

Like people say if it was demolition then why is there no detonation cord?
It should be everywhere.

But i would ask 2 questions on this.
#1 Why can you not make det.cord look like PC/TV cables?
#2 Where is all the cables from the towers? TV/PC/the Servers/Phones and so on i don't see them so why would i see det.cord?

I have a few questions too.

Has everyone forgot about wireless technology?

Where is the cord connecting your TV set to your "remote" control?

Where is the cord connecting your cell phone to satellites?

I can understand how a "debunker" who struggles even to use a dictionary might be totally ignorant of basic electronics principles, but I'm surprised how often everyone seems to forget everyday demonstrations of basic electronics principles. Electricity does not need a physical connection to travel between components, especially at high frequencies.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by VirginiaRisesYetAgain

Are you saying the WTC servers and the phone lines as well as the TV's and lets not forget the lights and power-sockets the .....no no hold on ummm..... it was all wireless technology?

lmmfao thats a good joke but please tell me thats a joke.

So The power company has the wireless technology to supply power to 2 buildings and every room or should i say almost every square foot and not only that but all the workers had wireless technology PC/TV/Phones the list goes on.

So everything was wireless technology? I mean hey ok the PC/TV/Phones could of been (they were not) but the lights and wall sockets as well?

Please go troll another site kid.

EDIT: Forgot to add who the hell is a "debunker"? And what are they debunking?
No really who?
Did you mean you?

[edit on 26-8-2010 by GunzCoty]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

One of Timothy McVeigh's attorneys was an Oklahoma lawyer named Stephen Jones. This is probably what you're thinking of.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join