It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future Is Coming P4: Artificial Intelligence

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

brain has magnificent possibilities to recover own functions, your brain learned how redistribute functions among no affected parts.
-----
however, aspartame is pure sh@!

[edit on 29-8-2010 by SarK0Y]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing your amazing story!
PS: I totally disagree with your signature. Is it meant as sarcasm?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Im my experience, the brain seems to be very programmable, in the sense you can train it to do things over time.

one cool thing ive learned to do is wake up without an alarm clock. it works surprisingly well, I get about a 98% success rate, and I typically wake up within 2-3 minutes of the selected time.

I can also induce lucid dreams during day-time naps with relative consistency, however at night i still have some trouble.

I feel that "programming" the mind has more to do with the subconscious.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

self-programming can contradict with Prime Programs of brain that may carry big surprises: for example, malfunction of breathing, heart rhythm, mental disorders.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

It was mainly nerve damage that basically was incredibly annoying. Like this entity telling me I had to do it otherwise there was a burning sensation if I did not. Now that part of me is shut down and been reclaimed for other purposes. Like a condemned building with a drug lord where the drug lord was shot dead and the building turned into whatever I need. Indeed my brain did learn to operate another way around the problem. Sometimes I credit that when people ask why I am so odd and think so differently. I've always noticed that I don't think along the same pathways as most people and pick of details perhaps that I should not but I do and use it to deduce situations. I suppose by forcing the neurons elsewhere to do extra work, when the condemned part was reclaimed and the neurons no longer had to do so much work, they could not operate at higher efficiency for their original tasks.

I did get a brain scan once during these twitches because they did not know at first it was aspartame. Came up normal. Nothing odd about it. So sometime I want to go back and rescan it and see if anything has changed since all those years ago of twitches.

As for reprogramming you may have a point. I've often have sudden stops of breathing while doing mentally intensive things and I forget to breathe until that burning in the lungs starts. It's odd. But I don't think it's a problem. You can't reprogram certain basic needs. I mean you can guess that I have a high tolerance for pain due to those previous experiences, but I still feel pain. It's still annoying. I still have to reply to that stimuli.

Aspartame is indeed crap. But eve these days I'm forced to consume it when I have to. I don't get anything negative from it unless I have it continuously for a few days. One candy bar with it will just make my neck twitch or something. It's like the brain adapted. It knows it's poison, so it will not let the brain touch it except for the parts already destroyed by it. The thought has passed by to just mass consume it one day and kill those damaged parts altogether once and for all. Something like where the poison becomes a cure. But I fear being wrong and throwing my brain into the gutter once more. At least I'd know how to stop it again if it happened.

reply to post by AllIsOne

I'm not sure about the amazing part. I think more or less luck. If I'd never asked the question of why, I'd still be that way. But I asked that question to myself and did not have an answer. Even to a little kid the answer "because it says so" seems utterly wrong. Why do you touch things 4x each? because my brain tells me to. Why do you repeat sentences? Because my brain tells me to. Eventually I just pretty much said "really? That's why? Really!?" and from then on began the slow but steady process of learning to say no, ignore the burning pain of saying now, and simply deny that part of my brain. Eventually the need to do such things died and with it any control that part had over me. The infinite loop errors stopped and I regained full control of my brain and began slicing and dicing that part mentally to be used for other purposes. By doing that, I think I full-heartedly eliminated whatever problem with the circuits that part of my brain had.

As for the sig, I love Phage and his posts but sometimes don't agree with it. I guess its more like starship troopers. sarcastic and true at the same time.

reply to post by VonDoomen

I've been programming my brain since that first experience. Took a while to realize that that was what I did. To the mind of a child I was literally removing a dictator in my head. You know how kids personify things. As I grew older I realized I was literally altering the neuron pathways for thinking so as to ignore those parts that malfunctioned. Like I said, occasionally under stress I have a few tics and repetition of words. But only just barely. Like echoes of dead neurons. I'd imagine that they still work, but have been reduced to having to be listened to.

I can currently run full range simulations in my brain which are totally epic. People talk about out of body experiences and lucid dreaming and such things. I sometimes wonder if my brain can do that, have no clue. But it's epic the dreams I have. I can even create a hologram over what I'm seeing. Helps alot when I'm designing something on a project. I also hear music in my head at a level of quality as good as actual audio. Gets creepy sometimes, because you know it's music you played in your brain, but it is so good and rich in quality you'd swear there's a speaker or something nearby.

I've had people call me crazy for that. I don't see how it is. It is clearly fake and nothing more than my mind. I'm not some crazy man who can't tell the difference between reality and dream. I can create full on holograms in my head of characters from things I want to write about and analyze every little detail about them and make them exactly how I want, then project them mentally onto something I see, or create my own scene in my head. But it is fake. It is so obvious. And just as easily as it was created, I can destroy it in a moment's notice and its entire existence is zipped away to a file neatly stored in my brain. I've got too much stuff up there. Got to start putting it to writing and videos and what not.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

i take off my hat at you. your situation was perfectly crappy, however, i could remark one moment: any sickness give a chance to open new doors & paths in own mind. Universum can actualize everything for worthy price

I also hear music in my head at a level of quality as good as actual audio.

try to write it.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by SarK0Y]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

lol not new music, music I've heard. Occasionally though it does change into its own form from what it originated from.

I wish I learned musical theory and understood notes. Would help a lot.

But thanks anyway. Adaptation. Humanity's strongest point.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
double post.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

That's why I don't mess with my heart rate or breathing!

Now having an internal alarm clock and the ability to induce dreams is pretty interesting and from my years of experience, fairly safe!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

With music I can do this as well , its perfect audio , I can sample things and cut and paste them too !

With visualisation , I too can produce 3d images and rotate them and resize them , With the music though I actually try to make it either on my guitar or on my synths and ableton.

My fiance' as the looping problem , a song lyric , a beat , a word , a thought , it repeats infinitely and it causes her alot of stress and anger.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Yes.

It's funny how much like a computer some treat their brains like you and me.

Going back on topic, I ponder how one could connect the brain to a screen to show. I think the day the brain's thoughts can be directly transfered to file, be it text or image or 3d or anything at all, is the day we see such massive bolstering of knowledge that humanity will enter a new phase. While the security of one's mind if a basic human right and fact to life, the ability to output that with ease is greatly desired. Finding a prevention from inputting and other baddies involving viruses and other things must be understood. Nature never evolved the internet for our brains. When we create it, we are treating on unknown grounds.

Tell your finance there are two methods I know if to stop the loops. First one is pretty simply. MASSIVE input. Autistic people do this and it is why they scream and yell and twitch. They are blotting out the loops and attempting to disengage their brains from it. Massive input basically overrides the brains visual and speech sections and the brain literally forgets for a moment what it was doing, restarting and killing the loop. The second method is more complex and advanced. You basically learn to deactivate the thought. Like pulling the plug on those neurones, killing the loop instantly. This is what I do now. Ways in which I do that are basically thinking about two things at once, like a picture of a whale and the word cat. Not related. never do related. This makes the right and left brain focus on that and the loop disengaged. Just learn to not remember the loop afterwards. Eventually you get so good that you learn to take anything you see, hear, or taste and route it through the neurons that have the loop and it's like a plunger, forcing the though out and overlaying it. Almost converting the mental code of the looped item into something different so that the neurons forget to loop it. You get so good that you can just flash an image by blinking really fast. The ghost image you see mentally after the flash you relay and the loop is gone. in time it becomes automatic and the subconsciousness does it for you. You learn to view the loop as like a pop up message and you basically write your own popup blocker. The only negative I've found is that you sometimes easily forget things that are mentioned to you and they'll come back up randomly an hour later. Don't quite know why yet.

Ultimately it comes down to this. Just say no. If you change the behavior, the brain adapts to your behavior and fixes itself accordingly.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I've often thought it would be really beneficial in a scientific sense to be able to download ones thoughts onto hardrive or to display them on a screen so they can be manipulated physically with holographic representation.

It would certiainly be fantastic , instead of hypnosis , you can actually physically remove memories or stored long term memory from ones brain , to do this would indeed be difficult as each brain cell would have the same memory so a sweep of the entire holographic brain would be required , no doubt a lengthy risky process .

Thanks for the tips gorman I'll let her read your post tonight

thanks

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

tbh, we still don't have a clue where on Earth memories are stored to manipulate them. When either side of the brain is removed for health reasons, some folks lose no memories. Kind of odd. Some say that's proof of something unique with the brain in terms of the physical universe. I just think it makes us special.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Yeh isnt that because our brain cells and neurons work like a giant holographic network , so that each cell contains the exact same information as the next.

I've also heard of hemisphere removal , and certain brain functions then being taken over by the remaining hemisphere later on , once the network is repaired.

Its certainly fascinating , although I do find the brain of the Humboldt squid far more interesting since they have the largest nerve anions than any other organism on earth

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

From the OP

Machines can retain information far longer, and with more accuracy, than a human.
However, the brain does have one ability that trumps the machine. Our brain stores information and knowledge a lot like a hologram. Information stored in our head is not located in one central area; instead it is distributed geographically throughout the brain. Ideas and concept are stored as a pattern of synaptic strengths. (more in the neural network section) Our brains degrade gracefully as a hologram does. If you are to cut the wave front of a hologram in half, you do not lose half the picture. Instead we get the same picture, only at half the resolutions. So it is as if the information is stored everywhere, or spread out.

We lose thousands of brain cells every hour, but it has literally no effect, as our knowledge is stored in a distributed fashion- Ray Kurzweil

I would certainly argue the brain works a lot LIKE a hologram, but not exactly the same way. kurzweil argues the idea that basically ideas are stored a specific patterns of specific neurons firing.

Its also akin to the "internet". If one route goes down, it gets circumvented through the interlinking web of routes.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I just like the idea of having a reminder/alarm display in my vision. It would certainly make me a more productive person to say the least!

Or imagine being a carpenter, and being able to tell if a piece of wood is level, with a virtual level on your HUD?

Imagine being a surgeon, and having your next step of an operation outline for you in real time!

Basically what we are doing is creating layer of virtual information between us and the real world. The possibilities are ENDLESS. which also means theres a very good chance of virtual ads in the future :-(

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
holographic medical displays for students to simulate difficult operations , with the hologram programmed to act like a patient in the exact situation . would revolutionize medical surgery.

A hud display on your contact lens or maybe actually on your cybernetic eye !
The japanese are most likely the first to develop this.

Im more interested in holographic games and arts packages , imagine real time 3d graffiti , created in virtual space on walls or air we wouldnt need galleries anymore and there would be no crminal aspect to street art !

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

indeed! thats usually the most spectacular thing for people to realize when i try and explain this. Basically, the world becomes your canvas!

We'll all be able to design and share our own virtual worlds!

and here I am stuck in the lousy year 2010

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

tbh, we still don't have a clue where on Earth memories are stored to manipulate them.

no, in Russia, many occurrences are about humans with erased personality. that was secret developments of CCCP.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

Indeed but that's different. They kind of used methods of blocking parts. You can delete memories. I learned to do it young so that I can erase bad memories in my life. But they are still there. Erased in that they never pop up. Even if somebody reminds me, it's locked. I have to manually un erase them to remember. it's weired. To picture what it feels like mentally, it's literally like powering a dead wavelength. Adding energy to remember. Very strange.

I think in terms of memory and how it works, Stargate did something pretty similar. They basically found a ship and accidentally beamed those brain waves into another person's brain. The result was indeed a person with a different "resolution". You had somebody with all the memories of several people, but they were very bad and like corrupted files. The brain could not handle it and so all personalities began to merge and each individual become lost. The people had died and had not bodies to return to, so they beamed it to a random dude from the crashed ship whoa greed to take the brain waves, freeze himself, and wait until they could find new bodies.

Very interesting because that was like 10 years ago and they were right on the money. Not a first time.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join