It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Colombian teens on Facebook hit list killed in past 10 days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

3 Colombian teens on Facebook hit list killed in past 10 days

edition.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Three teens who were on a 69-name hit list posted on Facebook have been killed in the past 10 days in a southwestern Colombian town, officials say. Police say they do not know who posted the list or why the names are on it.

The hit list on Facebook, which was posted August 17, gave the people named three days to leave the town of Puerto Asis or be executed, said Volmar Perez Ortiz, a federal official whose title is defender of the public.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This sounds like some scene from horror movie. Article suggests it "may" be related to gang which operate in that area but they have no proof. The people listed on the Death List are now either moving out of town or in hiding. It's like Facebook has become Deathbook.

Thew new controversy hit FB after a recent marijuana ads. ban by them.

The policy was disclosed Tuesday after a national campaign promoting legalization accused Facebook of censoring political speech. The Just Say Now campaign said the popular website rejected its ads after they had run for more than a week. The ads featured the readily recognizable leaf and asked the website's users to "sign the petition to President Obama to support states' rights to legalize marijuana."

"We're not allowed to show the image of the candidate that we are advancing," said Michael Whitney, with Firedoglake.com, a progressive blog that is part of the campaign. "That's why we're calling out Facebook for this really backwards decision."

Facebook bans use of marijuana leaf in ad

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Facebook seems to get hijacked everyday by hateful people wishing harm on others...and of course theres also the data mining aspect.
Not just by governments/police/corporations either-many crimminals use it to find out who's on holiday,to find empty houses to burgle.

This "hit list" page takes things to a new low IMO.

Glad I never use facebook,its trouble with a capital T IMO..

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I reckon it is the girl from the Grudgeeeee or mabye the Ringuuu girl or mabye a combination of the two carrying out these hits.

Either way i would not want to be on that list. Harsh as #.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I succumbed to the facebook pressure last November and after about 3 months of it I deleted it.

Aside from all of the security issues and big brother rumors, it just didn't appeal to me at all. I had no desire to read about everyones everyday selfish drama. Especially those of who I haven't seen or heard of in a decade.

Also, the OP artical is just plain scary. Especially being how easy it is to get anyones info off of sites like this.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
You're being absurd by blaming facebook on this. This is some gang members or drug lords or whatever using a particular internet site which a vast number of people are guaranteed to see to make their mark. "We're so tough, we will warn these 69 people, and then demonstrate our power to the entire internet." They're establishing their murder cred.

And what exactly are you doing by bringing up the marijuana ad ban? It's completely irrelavent. You're creating a subtle link between the two events which in all likelihood isn't there -- unless this gang is profiting so immensely from pot-prohibition that they have taken over facebook OMGGGGGG!!!!

Nonetheless, this is awful. Those poor kids, their poor families, and those poor 66 others (and their families) having to evacuate the town.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Solasis]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Ok its not facebooks "fault" as such-although how long do you think such a thread would have existed on ATS before the mods deleted it?

So maybe facebook need better mods at the very least IMO.
The page should have been stopped from going up.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Perhaps you're right; but wouldn't these 3 kids have been killed anyway? And maybe they never would have received the warning; they wouldn't have had a chance. The posting of the warning is in no way responsible for the deaths.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

You make a good point-maybe some were actually saved from this "heads up"they got from facebook.
I didn't think of it like that at first,but its true.

Damn shame not everyone found out in time though.

If this had happened in my country(UK),I reckon the cops may have been able to warn those at risk of harm-look at our recent "cat in a bin" fiasco...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join