It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese UFO 'disclosure' (with original source)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Recently there have been a few threads thrown in the hoax forum about Chinese disclosure in the form of comments made by a researcher from Purple Hills Observatory.

This was done for a very good reason too, I will elaborate on this later on but it seems that all the sources talking about this all went back to one source, All News Web.

If you haven't heard of A.N.W or why even the initials A.N.W are banned here on ATS, the above link will explain.

A.N.W didn't just make all of this up, although 90% of their article is all rubbish, there really is a Purple Mountian Observatory, and Wang Sichao is a real person.

Here is the original article from Peoples Daily Online:

english.peopledaily.com.cn...

Hardly disclosure IMHO but make what you will of it.

For the hell of it, here's some of the A.N.W article to show just how much BS M. Cohen spews:

The key points that Wang Sichao have disclosed are that:

* Aliens are visiting Earth on R & D expeditions
* These UFOs are probes manned by robots.
* These craft travel at eighty percent the speed of light.
* These craft have been seen by the observatory many times at between 150 and 1500 kilometers above Earth.
* The aliens might use Nuclear fusion to propel their craft
* 39 years of work at Purple Mountain Observatory has led Wang to believe these craft use Earth's gravity to manouvre and stay aloft

This should hopefully keep this thread out of the Hoax Forum so those that want to discuss what was actually said by Wang Sichao, can.

[edit on 25/8/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I would like to ask you a question or possibly 2 if you don't mind.
Do you in your ''own'' opinion believe that aliens and ufo's are non existent? Do you believe that we in this little blue bio globe are the only ones? Seriously.
There is no 2 ways about it, they either do or don't 50/50.
Considering the prophecies told in the bible and others say the same
Or
Do you believe what you know to be true that has ultimately came from sources that tptb have had control over , the very same groups that still control everything now?

I know what I believe. We are not alone. To say that we are would be like saying the only life on earth is only in my town.
What's your view?
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I'll break it down simply for you, since what I believe is not the topic at hand here.

Do I believe there is life elsewhere in the universe? Yes.

Do I believe there is extra-terrestrial life visiting earth? Possibly but doubtful.

Do I believe TPTB (sic) controls this information? In a way yes, but not the way the Steven Greers and the like would have us think.

let's get back on topic now eh?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Chadwickus.....

Thank you for establishing this thread regarding Sichao's conclusions.

Upon review of the article, I don't get a feel for the "sample size" of Sichao's "study", albeit it states his activities traversed 39 years of observations.

Do you have any details about that which Sachio observed & analysed, in order to arrive at his conclusions?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

No idea, that's hopefully the next step here and the aim of this thread.

I also think that the translation to English has made his quotes and observations come off quite jumbled and possibly inaccurate.

Keep digging we must.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I also think that the translation to English has made his quotes and observations come off quite jumbled and possibly inaccurate.

Chadwickus.....

This one's worth filing:

This means UFOs have the anti-gravity ability. Otherwise, they would fall soon.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Chadwickus.....

Here's the website for the Purple Mountain Observatory:

english.pmo.cas.cn...

I note Sichio is not listed under staff on their site.

Here's the Wiki page about Purple Mountain Observatory:

en.wikipedia.org...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
So the other breaking news version has disappeared altogether.

That's a shame, I thought they'd picked up on how to not cite to nonsense or derive wild conclusions from baseless speculation.

For cataloguing purposes Wang Sichao has been cited in more than a few People's Daily articles and doesn't usually say anything as concrete as he has seen UFOs with the exception of this article about a UFO supposedly seen over Hangzhou near Xiaoshan airport on July 7th this year which he stipulates to be a special purpose aircraft such as a plane.

He usually talks about the moon, the planets, solar occurrences and the stars.

So not a complete nutjob and quite possible being misrepresented here (why I don't know).

He has his own Wiki page too.

-m0r

EDIT: If you must remind us every time we add a url that copying and pasting must not encroach upon copyright then could you at least allow for highlighting the text and then the hyperlink button automatically inserting said highlighted text into the _javascript pop-up (like so many other sites do by default) as missing closing brackets via hand is frustrating for me as it doesn't happen to me anywhere else due to their lack of idiot detection pop ups (which don't appear to work btw). /rant

[edit on 25/8/2010 by m0r1arty]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Chadwickus.....

This site states that late last year, the observatory filmed a UFO for 40 minutes & they are currently studying the film.

Scientists at the Purple Mountain Observatory in Nanjing are reported to have confirmed that they filmed a UFO during the eclipse for 40 minutes. They say that they will spend the next 12 months studying the footage before drawing any conclusions.

information-machine.blogspot.com...

Their source is the UK Telegraph, which posted a video sourced from the appalling ANW.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

i cant quite grasp why the Telegraph would publish a video from A.N.W of all people, i meen they are a good paper as far as others are concerned?

[edit on 25-8-2010 by GezinhoKiko]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
So the other breaking news version has disappeared altogether.

That's a shame, I thought they'd picked up on how to not cite to nonsense or derive wild conclusions from baseless speculation.[edit on 25/8/2010 by m0r1arty]

It hasn't disappeared altogether, it has just undergone a name change.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And rightfully so I must add.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Thanks for that!!

Does seem the conclusions drawn from baseless speculation is still rampant though.

As for why the Telegraph of all papers would publish that article from A.N.W...I guess it really is just a laughing stock matter now which is expected to be baseless and has no more worth than selling newspapers.

Ah well, scratch up another one for believers ruining any chance of credibility a story might have.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this Chadwickus, I had made a thread the other day and the link would not work? Now I know... had no idea. The disinformation going around these days makes me wonder why do people pull this crap? I was almost excited for a second when I read that article. Got wind of it on a certain social website from a source that posts silly crap all the time... should have known better

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

i cant quite grasp why the Telegraph would publish a video from A.N.W of all people, i meen they are a good paper as far as others are concerned?

GezinhoKiko.....

I don't think the Telegraph checks its UFO stories very well.

I'm of the impression they take the approach of.....

"Oh great! A UFO story! Let's bang that in there!"

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

M0r1arty.....

..quite possible being misrepresented here..

That's why I'm very interested to know more about the "39 years" of background work carried out by Sichao, as per my first post.

I haven't been able to find anything about that. All I can find is 10 million references to his recent UFO comments, as latched onto by all the new age loonies.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I agree that all the Foofey folk spouting lies behind the safety of their distance for the Chinese government that it is hard to get info on him however he does appear to be a respected researcher.

Here he is cited by NASA relating to ice meteorites in 1995.

He is thanked in a 1988 geology paper about carbonaceous meteorites here.

More recently he is mentioned in a article here about the US and Russia satellites smashing into each other.

More recent still he is quoted in CCTV's piece about the solar eclipse of January 2010 with the same quote being used in China Daily

So he appears to be real and recent mentioning of UFOs withstanding a credible enough person with knowledge of meteorites and Newtonian motion.

I think he's just getting lambasted as the Nick Pope of China whether he likes it or not.

Hope this helps!!

-m0r

EDIT: Same story with the linking thing pleases.

[edit on 25/8/2010 by m0r1arty]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

M0r1arty.....

You know.....

We don't really even know if Sichao said all that stuff about UFO's.

I've been looking for an e-mail address for him with a view to e-mailing him & clarifying his position on all of this.

That's why I was disappointed not to see his contact details on the Purple Mountain Observatory site.

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

See the way I look at this is simple either they do or they don't. I asked you for your own personal feelings and beliefs on the matter but its the same old story time and time again here on ATS.
We continue to believe the crap that we have been fed and not got the balls to find out who we are where we're from and are we alone? What's so ridiculous about the question?
We have either evolved over time but the problem I have with this is why didn't any other species evolve to or near the same extent?
Evolved from apes? So why didn't they?
We had a helping hand from day one its the only logical answer, isn't it?
Are ET's the missing link? Are they who our ancestors refered to as gods etc?
They had to explain something beyond belief where at the time was totally mind boggling.
Which brings me to my final question, if there's no such thing as ET's then is it fair to say the Bible is wrong? Sorry but I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Wonder when the rest of the world goverments follow suit.
The west is so tight on info like that, that we will still be living without disclosure while other countries benefit from alien tech and holidays to other planets lol, and all the while our goverment will say nothing.

[edit on 25/8/10 by Ezappa]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Searching by his Chinese name gave me several pages, unfortunately in Chinese.

Google translation is not that good for Chinese, but if it helps, this is the closest to that news article I could find.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join