It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British spy' found dead in bath

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dowot

I'm surprised there isn't much more interest in this either. It seems true conspiracies are often overlooked on here!

I am really puzzled by this and would love to hear more opinions now it has been ascertained that his cause of death will probably never be known.

My theory is that he was forced to get into the bag at gunpoint and made to decide between asphyxiation or death by gunshot in an area which would give him maximum pain and not an instant death. The killer knew what he would most likely choose and this would ensure that no evidence could be found linking the killer to his death. Poor Gareth would have had to suffocate whilst knowing a gun was being pointed at him. The reason for the bag being in the bath was probably because the killer knew that in August, fluids from a decomposing body would quickly cause a stink and possibly leak through to the floor below raising the alarm much more quickly. A clever, well thought out hit in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Thanks for your ideas 50/50, you might well be right with them.

Listening to the latest, the asphyxiation idea seems about right. I just cant understand why they are so fixated on whether he did the impossible himself or someone forced/helped him. Seems open and shut to my mind.

But still they pose the question?

Latest is that;

a) The heating was left on, which speed up decomposition, mind you, I leave my heating on all year, so maybe not so strange, unless it was turned up?
b) There are 2 sets of unidentified DNA traces.
c) Some sort of trace has/might have been found on a towel in the kitchen, I think. Maybe the clean up guy wiped his hands before he left? (Watch out for someone leaving their post rather suddenly. Hehe)

I am surprised that there was nobody to care for the block, my parents block of flats had such a guy who tidied round, checked on visitors, helped with groceries, and oversaw any work that was done. I assumed any reasonable block would have the same, in this case it seems no or if there was he saw nothing. Or have I missed something?

Gareth Williams seems to have been a very active man, being involved with ciphers, programming, visited the US and CIA (I think I read ), not someone you want to leave to fend for themselves, I wonder why they did nothing for a week or indeed allowed him so much freedom?

Was it an inside job? Was his return to Cheltenham so risky? Who else would have wanted him silenced. MOSAD,CIA,KGB (Do they still exist?)? Was it a message?

All conspiratorial stuff and nobody is interested, suppose he needs some fuzzy balls of light in the sky or a missile in the bathroom like a plane to get interest? Hehe.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I find this case very interesting for many reasons including the fact that the Sunday times keeps mentioning how hard it is to find any facts about this case, just as they found facts diffficult to obtain when many english scientists who were working for Marconi in the 1980s kept dieing in very strange ways.The fact that a sex game gone wrong is used as a cause of death screams to me of "dark forces" the north face base camp bag,to me,is sending a message,both base to imply he had only got to the begining of his "journey" and camp to reinforce he was "camp" the fact that the keys for the padlock were under his body are again to me a message that if "your that clever at puzzles get out of that" if he was to have locked himself in i think one key would have been left outside the bag so someone could have unlocked it if he was trapped while alive i would expect to have seen mention of the bags fibres under his finger nails as he struggled to get out i have seen no mention of that.the fact that he was in a bath i find interesting ,as mentioned by another poster before, as the body decomposes a bath is a good place for it to be i would of thought a softer place would have been more suitable for mere sexual gratification much is made of the collection of womens clothing what dna mix was on any of it ?
the unknown partial dna on the bag must match someone somewhere had the bag been far, pollen from the local area and other places could have been looked for but if it was ive never seen any mention of it what was found in the baths u bend again i have seen nothing mentioned
so much left out such a waste of a human with an imense talent below is a link to the death of the marconi scientists
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Hey ho the coroner has made a decision and guess what.

A narrative verdict has been declared.

In other words a death recorded without attributing the cause to a named individual and now leaves it to the police to find more evidence?

Erm, should that not have been the course of action over the past year, except, I suppose, now the police know that they do not know everything.

Does this mean that there is a good chance that it will still be thought that the death was self inflicted or some sort of perverted game gone wrong or that it will simply disappear from the news?

Looking back, this must be the third strange death of someone involved with secrets, glad I did not apply to work for MI5 when they advertised for staff the other year. Good prospects, erm maybe not.

If this was CSI, they would have a video of who brought the bags, walked down the road to the flat and at the entrance.

Maybe the cloth from the kitchen will bring some further evidence, if it ever gets mentioned again.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well he was into bondage and fetish stuff apparently. But even an escapologist could not replicate getting shut in the bag. I don't think he achieved it himself but there isn't necessarily some sinister motive here either. The 3rd alternative is that he and someone else were indulging in some mutual play. It went too far and the other person panicked and ran off. These things do happen you know.... And if the other person was a fairly senior figure they aren't going to hang around after the damage has been done anyway.

edit on 2-5-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

So are you saying the most elite covert inteligence services in the UK and possibly the world are into bondage and enslavement. No wonder the country is in a damn mess.

Come on, you know this is just a desperate attempt to ridicule the guy. You don't know he was into anything like that?

MI6 carried out the killing, they will kill anyone who stands against tyranny, period. And you know it.

The guy was a decent guy and you should be ashamed of posting such stuff. One man decides to stand up against tyranny and he is killed by the very people pretending to protect us, thats what I believe happened.
edit on 2-5-2012 by TheMindWar because: typo

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Latest update

• Williams was involved in field activities for the intelligence services and was more than just the computer analyst he had been portrayed as;

• One theory is that Williams may have been followed from secret meetings with undercover MI6 agents;

• MI6 is now fully co-operating with the police inquiry after criticism of its failure to do so initially;

• Police have re-interviewed every one of his friends and acquaintances in the hunt for clues to his bizarre death;

• The mystery couple seen near his flat, who were the subject of the police investigation for months, far from being an assassination squad, were, in fact, trying to find a pizza party in a neighbouring property.

It also goes on to say that he may have been inolved with the son of a Kazak Oligarch.
one of the points I thought was interesting was about the oligarch it mentions parts about the son it says
"His son controls an investment portfolio called Glendesk Overseas based in the British Virgin Islands"

Same place the owners of his flat is also registered?

It's a good read anyways and anyone folloiwing the case will enjoy.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Body in the bag spy Gareth Williams and his mystery links to Kazakh oligarch

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

Hmm.. seems the article has been moved or 'removed'???

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

How very strange.

The look up "A toZ" is not much use either, a search for "body in a bag" comes back with, on page 2 "MI6 spy Gareth Williams may have locked himself in bag, pathologist suggests" and there is a short video of a woman doing just that.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

However, " she or nobody could achieve it without leaving her DNA or trace on the bath and that’s the key to this.”, So was this a solo attempt at suicide or trying to leave the country as hand luggage?

There does seem a few too many strange deaths that have occurred during the past year, including a car full of people shot up in France and the famous suicide in the woods!

Makes you wonder a little.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Maybe this is the missing article, linked at the bottom of the page I referred to above.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Note that, "The keys to the red North Face holdall were found in the bottom of the bag " I still find it all very unlikely and there is still the question of DNA.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Sieriously? Did none of you see the pictures of the bathroom taken by the SOC (CSI) investegators when they found the body?

Basically, not to put too fine a point on it after two weeks of decomposition, the walls were covered in decomposition matierial. However he got into the bag, its fairly likely that the carbon dioxide build up would have put him to sleep in minutes, eventually leading to his unfortunate death.

As regards the goings on around MI6 antics when he was found, I think its reasonable to assume that these kinds of people are not the most talkitive, even when they know exactly what the facts are. That is their job.

Maybe they knew what had happened, maybe they didnt, we will never know, cause even if they didnt there is no point in having a secret service that doesnt keep secrets.

Never underestimate the capacity for human error, regardless of the circumstances.

I'm sure there are more than one suspicious deaths that dont even hit our radar.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join