It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full-Body Scan Technology Deployed In Street-Roving Vans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Oh thank GOD, the Xrays are electronically produced. If I was getting hit with xrays from a natural source I'd just wet myself with fright!

No one had the right to expose people to xrays with consent. I like how all this tech is being developed to prevent violence, but no thought is being developed on how to stop it in the first place. That's America for you.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by ghaleon12]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
Oh thank GOD, the Xrays are electronically produced. If I was getting hit with xrays from a natural source I'd just wet myself with fright!

Im not sure if youre being sarcastic but ill answer as if youre serious.

You are getting radiation every day.

The average person absorbs 360 millirem per year total whole body dose. I was standing next to some "hot" pipes today and was recieving about 2mrem per hour per my electronic dosimetry. The xrays will show up at about 45mrem to 75mrem per hour and thats just to look inside briefcases 6 inches away.

P.S. Your pants are wet...

[edit on 27-8-2010 by BingeBob]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BingeBob

Originally posted by ghaleon12

Im not sure if youre being sarcastic but ill answer as if youre serious.

You are getting radiation every day.

The average person absorbs 360 millirem per year total whole body dose. I was standing next to some "hot" pipes today and was recieving about 2mrem per hour per my electronic dosimetry. The xrays will show up at about 45mrem to 75mrem per hour and thats just to look inside briefcases 6 inches away.

P.S. Your pants are wet...

[edit on 27-8-2010 by BingeBob]

Yep, I was serious. Since I would actually wet myself with fright.
Comedy isn't your forte I can see

This tech though is getting a bit out of hand. In a war zone, sure, but besides that citizens shouldn't be subjected to this.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

A-GAIN...NEVER said that they held some potential to be "harmful", only that they were a "necessary evil", a means to an end, given the ever increasingly volatile political, cultural & ideological climate in which we live now-a-days and the financial upheaval of our economy isn't serving to help matters either.

Apples to oranges, a grenade, bomb, IED, plastique or suicide bomber need only exert their influence on you ONCE in your life to kill you (and several hundreds others as well at the same time), whereas the effects of over exposure to radiation are an accumulative process.

THINK about it....

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by just an allusion

A-GAIN...NEVER said that they held some potential to be "harmful", only that they were a "necessary evil"

From your post here

you are exaggerating the incidence of occurrence as a means of demonizing a benign technology that has irrefutably beneficial consequences for everyone, but you're just interested in sensationalizing the matter solely for the sake of argument.

I really hope you're not getting paid well.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by soficrow]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Originally posted by just an allusion

A-GAIN...NEVER said that they held some potential to be "harmful", only that they were a "necessary evil"

From your post here

you are exaggerating the incidence of occurrence as a means of demonizing a benign technology that has irrefutably beneficial consequences for everyone, but you're just interested in sensationalizing the matter solely for the sake of argument.

I really hope you're not getting paid well.

You have a problem with reading comprehension I see and this is your idea of a cry for help?

[edit on 27-8-2010 by soficrow]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join