It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Annual Dolphin/Whale Hunt: 15,000-20,000 to be slaughtered

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I didn't jump to any conclusions.

I already qualified my initial comment regarding hypocrisy on this issue.

15,000 is an awfully high number in a short period of time, but there are other equally high numbers ( and more ) involved in many mass animal culls, and the like.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Well said.

I echo your sentiments.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Yes, you did. Not only have you done so, you have challenged people to be either or, for all species of animals, which I don't have a problem with.

What I do have issue with, is you derailing the thread, which is merely pointing out to us all, a horrific annual event.

Tell you what, since you are on such a roll, why not create your own thread (s) on the culling and killing of every sort of animal on the face of the earth, so we can all be well informed by you, on each and every one.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Why do people pick and choose which animals they feel empathy towards ?

People need to stop being hypocritical, and sticking up for certain animals because they're ''cute''.

To avoid being hypocritical, you must either believe that all animals should not be maltreated or killed, or that all animals are fair game to be killed.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

You make a good point. While people are busy thinking how much they love dolphins I would like to encourage them to extend that same feeling to all creatures, be it mammal, bird or bug.
All are a part of the same beauty of creation and are interdependent. We cannot pick and choose, we must either accept nature as a whole or reject it outright.
Take time everyday to find and connect with nature if but only for a minute. I think this is one of the best ways to try to make the world a better place. If we can find beauty and empathy in nature then surely we can also extend it to our fellow human beings.

I agree.

I dont like the idea of a bunch of chickens being slaughtered after they live their short lives, pumped up with hormones, piled on top of one another.....

I do my best to buy from local farms, despite it being expensive. It does taste better though.

Even if something is only bred as a source of food for us, I would still like to imagine that whatever it is, it had a moment of freedom, or a chance to run in the wild and be normal.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
dam sea mammals. they should put all the sea mammals on a boat and sink it. see if i care

[edit on 24-8-2010 by camaro68ss]

Im sure they would do the same for you...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
What I do have issue with, is you derailing the thread, which is merely pointing out to us all, a horrific annual event.

You are correct.

It wasn't my intention to derail the thread, but like you say I was on a roll.

I apologise to the OP for straying off-topic.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

However, I do not know your full views on that, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

That would be a very wise thing to do, considering I have never eaten meat of any kind in my entire life and am also strongly against the unnecessary mass farming and slaughtering of any animal.

Hell, I've spent just in the passed year almost $1000 just to keep my pet rat alive (multiple tumor removal operations). I love animals, of all kinds.

However I'm NOT against people hunting for their food -- never more than they need -- with respect. For me it has everything to do with necessity and intent.

What they're doing in Japan has nothing to do with necessity and everything to do with the wrong intentions.

[edit on 24/8/10 by Navieko]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

You are correct.

It wasn't my intention to derail the thread, but like you say I was on a roll.

I apologise to the OP for straying off-topic.

No apologies needed.

You make a good point. And I wasnt trying to pick or choose which animal to care about...

I dont necessarily feel guilty for eating meat, but I do however feel guilty that I can go buy a huge pack of it for cheap, due to the way the animal was cheaply raised and subsequently killed.

But this dolphin thing struck a chord in me because these were animals in the wild that cannot be used for food.

Some people might have a problem with me going out and shooting a deer, even if I used every part of it for food, etc...

Id like to think that EVERYONE would have a problem with me and my friends going out and slaughtering 20,000 deer, EVERY YEAR.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Really surprised at how few understand, and the lack of flags/stars. This should have over 100 by now, I'd give it that myself if I could.

There is a secret in life, one most dont realize. In our lessons here, there are NO coincidences, none, nada.

So, a personal encounter with anyone, has ties in the past, good or bad one. Even if you play the bad guy role, and not always to get them back either, if some would like to use that reasoning, because theres only one way to stop watching the reruns of this quantum physcis matrix rerun of the DVD that we're all doing until we pass the test: LOVE!

So to personally be involved in slaugthering, murdering or harming such advanced beings as dolphins and whales implies a past connection as well. Please realize, a lot of family are here.

And everything is a test!

Cannibilism is a tradition too, should one cling to it! When one is a small child their responsibility is less, but to wish to grow up, thats another matter. Humanity has been growing up collectively, its going to have to overcome traditions that are beyond unethical.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Even though i dont directly agree with what happens i dont feel i can say it is totally wrong since im meat eater and never complain about the way my meat is killed.

This too some is a tradition and the only reason ppl make such a fuss about it is because it is shown on tv and broadcast in the media more since dolphins are made out too be so lovely.

If it was not in the media(shown as bloodbaths) then would there be so much concern about it,i mean out of all the meat eaters here/in the world who actually check their meat is killed in a naturally human way.

A cow is a cow its not shown as graceful it always shown as a large slow moving sometimes lazy animal so no one(average person) gives it a second thought,but since dolphins are shown too be so graceful in the sea and intelligent they get more sympathy.

Over the year many animals are killed in the plenty and all for mans/womans purpose too eat the only difference is it done somewhere that it can be filmed where as other animals are take too a closed warehouse..

Dont see complaints(not that i looked) about crabs being taken from the sea and straight into a warehouse and cooked alive too be shipped out too the customers the same day.

I know there are undercover stuff about cows/pigs and other meat and the inhuman way they are killed but thats the way life is,it will not change we are human after all and thats what we do for food.If there was a way too breed dolphins in mass and farm them then im sure they would do that thus conserving all the wild ones,well conserving as much as possible.

Just a small note if dolphins are so intelligent as many say then why dont they just jump over the nets ad get the hell out of dodge,im sure over the years they must of learned that they are in a bad situation being so intelligent like.

Thats my thoughts yeah i dont like too see it but i dont like to see other animals slaughtered inhumanly either but i still eat meat.

[edit on 24/8/10 by MrChaz]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
When you look at the concentrated levels of mercury found in the dolphin flesh it makes you wonder if the culling of thousands of them amounts to much. Unless we can find a way to stop using our oceans as a toxic waste dump the arguments over which species should be protected are all moot.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrChaz

The meat is coming from highly intelligent beings, who have their own names, and are co-existing with us on this planet.

We're not small children anymore here, to avoid that is not possible.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Well that argument could be used for humans too, we're poisoned to the tilt, I'm sure some more negative oriented individuals feel the same way.

Most do no however. Dolphin and whales are the other "people" here.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

People need to stop being hypocritical, and sticking up for certain animals because they're ''cute''.

To avoid being hypocritical, you must either believe that all animals should not be maltreated or killed, or that all animals are fair game to be killed.

i 100% agree with you. either all animals should be safe or none. the only way i agree with not killing an animal for food is if its endangered. though if you are literally starving and all you could eat was something endangered go for it! people>animals

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This is a very important issue. With all of the injustices on this planet, illegal wars, and cruelty to humans, starvation and homelessness, along with this, (not to mention cruelty to nature in general), its important to do something.

And reacting violently, aggressively is not the way to do anything. We have to be the change we want to see, and peaceful, intelligent well thought out, even spiritual responses, are the best.

One thing that could be done is to write in where its appropriate and sign online petitions.
I'm sure their local governments and national ones could receive a few letters as well as other countries that persist in this such as Norway.

In addition, meditating, holding light, praying, sending wishes, holding an image of what you wish for instead, and giving this to your Higher Self, or Creator as you wish.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by MrChaz

The meat is coming from highly intelligent beings, who have their own names, and are co-existing with us on this planet.

We're not small children anymore here, to avoid that is not possible.

They have their own names ?
You mean they are called dolphins ?

All animals co exist with us while they are alive on this planet its just that humans being the way we are dont see the full purpose for them and do what animals also do too each other and thats kill for food too live.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrChaz

I have a name, first name, as you do. According to current research, dolphins use distinct names for other dolphins in greetings and conversations, their own language too, and respond to their own name as well.

news.nationalgeographic.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.timesonline.co.uk...
stason.org...

Oh, they understand ours and make a huge range of sounds some out of our range, so to think they dont have their own language when they have their names and names for objects is the less intelligent assumption on our part.

Dolphins: Deep Thinkers (Objects have names)

Are dolphins self-aware? - part 1/3

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Considering how intelligent dolphins and whales are, Im surprised they dont band together and wage war on humanity.

God knows what we would do to them if they got together every year and slaughtered 20,000 people......

Then it would definitely be an issue for people

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

we don't like dolphins for being just cute..

They are smart as F*** and are on a level higher than others animals imo....

You put yourself higher than animals don't you? yet you are just an animal as well.

Or do you think yourself better?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

I really think they are a little more advanced than we are, personally. War doesnt stop the reruns of the DVDs we're in, in our matrix/school. Only Love, and walking in everyones footsteps, treating all as we would wish to be treated even if we're not receiving that treatment and nudging others but not attacking or judging, and desiring equality and peace advances/progresses us significantly.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join