It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine + ouji board = ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

I'm not suggesting these people are idiots - read the links I posted? The ideomotor effect....

from Wiki

The ideomotor effect is a psychological phenomenon wherein a subject makes motions unconsciously. As in reflexive responses to pain, the body sometimes reacts reflexively to ideas alone without the person consciously deciding to take action. For instance, tears are produced by the body unconsciously in reaction to powerful emotions. Automatic writing, dowsing, facilitated communication, and Ouija boards have also been attributed to the effect of this phenomenon. Mystics have often attributed this motion to paranormal or supernatural force. Many subjects are unconvinced that their actions are originating solely from within themselves.

I would suggest that the future harassment (and your cheating analogy) are two examples of exactly what I'm talking about - the human mind taking an idea and then manifesting it in some way, shape or form.

The 'Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean its real' argument can be applied to anything - it's a logical fallacy, a 'straw man defense' that also implies you're somehow superior to those who don't believe. I've seen it a lot on ATS.

I have an open mind, but not one that just accepts anything anyone says as fact. Just because I don't believe bananas can talk, fly and make tiny little banana cars doesn't mean it's not real? Just because I don't believe that birds are actually alien babysitters from Beltuguese 7 doesn't mean it's not real?

I presented some accepted facts in my last post to support my argument, as well as a bit of personal experience. Can't the defenders of the 'talking table' idea do the same?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DeltaGhostHunter

I'd be very inclined to believe that in actual fact the reason the story of small kids being brutalised comes up a lot is not because spirits want to trick us into feeling sorry for them. The fact is (I believe) that the human brain finds this thing more frightening, hence the reason it pops up in movies all the time and hence the reason that the ideomotor effect brings it up.

Think of all the real scarey films, they feature weird spooky kids... it's most scarey to us.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by eightfold

All of the "evidence" available wich would support my statement, is as one would expect flawed. Evidence of something that cant be seen is non-existent. However when you'd talk to people who have suffered from these phenomena, you would probably be able to explain things with the IDOMETER theory but not with all cases... there are loads of genuine hauntings, if you are really interested you should give it a go and google the subject. I believe the saying "where there is smoke, there is a fire" really rings true in this subject... we can perceive the "smoke" but we cannot see the "fire"

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

I'm no expert on these things so is there anything we should worry about and I'm looking for some more information on safety measures in case these guys wanna mess with the unknown again. Thanks.

I used to play with the things as a teen and nothing ever became of it outside of some interesting conversations with the other side.

I dated a Girl years ago that dabbled into the Black arts, and she enlightened me into the potential dangers of using the things.

Apparently the problem is that by playing with the things you are opening a portal to the other side.

There are natural portals around the world but a Ouija board opens one to the spirit world as well, kind of like accessing the internet from a wireless laptop.

The problem with that is that, once opened, as well as never being closed, anything can come through that portal into your home.

A regular old ghost/spirit OR a Demonic entity, which could be a problem.

Ancient rituals of conjuring up spirits always did it from inside the safety of some protectionary barrier, kind of like a perimeter of defense.

Thats the purpose of the 5 pointed or Satanic Star or a Ring of white paint or Kosher Salt and white candles for example.

Anything that represents the good and the Light of God works in protecting you from evil.

This kept the bad stuff out if needbe, until it could be cast back to the other side from the safety of the protectionary perimeter.

With the Ouija board, you have none. You are just sitting out in the open and the entity now resides in your home drinking up all your beer and stuff ! (I am kidding)

But seriously...
Once the spirits have come through the portal, they can remain in that location causing long lasting problems such as possession, etc.

Because they are never asked to leave by the unwary players.

People who deal with this kind of stuff recommend saying a prayer to protect them from potential evil entities and closing the portal properly afterwards.

The Lords Prayer would be a good starting point.

But , not playing with Fire is probably the best idea.

If you are then the Boy Scout Motto should be heeded as in " Be Prepared."

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85

All of the "evidence" available wich would support my statement, is as one would expect flawed. Evidence of something that cant be seen is non-existent.

Yeah, that is because it is not real.

So you don't have any evidence, where I do, so that means I have the facts and you have the opinions.

You should state your opinion as opinion and not FACT.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Sooo, they keep messing with it. I've warned them of what I learned but they just call me a coward, only in a more derragitory way. I mean, even after testing it with someone who is not touching it having those who are touching it to ask it question that no one but that person knows the answer to and it answers correctly. Then hey told me how at one point they hear a little girl giggle. I'm pretty much freaked out and don't een want to be in the guard shack anymore. I can just see it now, they've let something in that's going to make he guard shack a bad place to be. I'm a believer as many of the guys who were skeptics are now.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Sooo, they keep messing with it. I've warned them of what I learned but they just call me a coward, only in a more derragitory way. I mean, even after testing it with someone who is not touching it having those who are touching it to ask it question that no one but that person knows the answer to and it answers correctly. Then hey told me how at one point they hear a little girl giggle. I'm pretty much freaked out and don't een want to be in the guard shack anymore. I can just see it now, they've let something in that's going to make he guard shack a bad place to be. I'm a believer as many of the guys who were skeptics are now.

You will likely be fine, you did not disturb or invite it in to your life but I would definitely not be going out or hanging around those guys anymore than you have to. No need to get caught up in whatever they got coming their way really.

The thing is it isn't really a portal nor does it physically open one and in no way does it do anything on its own. The problems with it is it acts as a focus much like the rosary or other prayer beads and that is what attracts things to it, like a moth to a flame. Some times you wont attract anything sometimes you will get something/someone relatively safe and other times you may get something dark and malevolent. Some of it has to do just simply where you are at and whats passing by. If you get something dark and malevolent it leaves a mark and other dark and malevolent things are attracted to that place. It doesnt seem to really have that cumulative effect with "light" positive things however at least not enough to pique their interest enough to stay.

but even then a negative spirit attracted in that way generally will not bother anyone but those that attracted it in the first place. You didnt invite it around and therefore are a harder target.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdAbsurdum

Originally posted by faceoff85

All of the "evidence" available wich would support my statement, is as one would expect flawed. Evidence of something that cant be seen is non-existent.

Yeah, that is because it is not real.

So you don't have any evidence, where I do, so that means I have the facts and you have the opinions.

You should state your opinion as opinion and not FACT.

Hahaha... k so you grab me on my own words? Well I admitted to not being able to present any evidence...
However, YOU say you have evidence of the supossed fact that something does NOT exist? I am very curious what that sort of evidence looks like.. I'll call you up on it...

Please present your "facts" (wich should evidently show spiritual entities DONT exist)

K all joking aside, you have made a false statement. One cannot conclusively prove something invisible exists, but the very same principal goes for trying to debunk something invisible... IT CANT BE DONE!!!

It was funny to see you talk all high and mighty though...

@OP

Please keep us posted on new developments... I am intriqued by your story

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I have used an ouija once of twice, sitting by myself, and I know there is something very real to it.
As I have said once before here, it feels like there is a magnet under the board dragging the pointer.

Always trust your gut dude, stay away from it, not so much geographically, but mentally.
I would consider asking some of the God fearing men at your command post, if there are any, what they think if this behaviour.
Do you get access to the resident priest? Maybe he can intervene before something either happens to these guy's.

It's a tough one, I would be concerned their behaviour could affect their ability to do their job and back you up when they need to, but who's gonna believe you till they experience something one day that leaves them in no doubt there is something else to the ouija.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

No, I have proof that it is the ideomotor effect.

Those are the facts I was referring to. I know better than to try to prove a negative.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna challenge your belief structure or anything. And I apologize for coming across so strong I just dealt with a troll for the past two days. (not your fault, I know.)

For the record, being an Animist, I have my share of irrational beliefs. I just don't see this being anything other than ideomotor effect at work.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Although I believe that the effect of the ouija board are born from the minds of people using it, something happened that made me....well question myself.

I bought an original Ouija board from a boot sale. I only used it once, but scared myself so didnt go back there.

Now I didnt think about it again, it just went up in my loft. Then hit a very difficult period in my life, EVERYTHING went wrong, money troubles, man troubles, work troubles. Nothing was going right.

One day my dad said to me, you know its since you got that ouija board!! I suddenly thought "yea acutally it is"

So I burnt it, as soon as it was gone it was like a dark cloud lifted, everything all of a sudden started going right!

Coincidence? More than likely, but it still made me think!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I used to experiment with the ouija board when I was much younger.
Also after the first try the one guy lost his job, the other his girlfriend.
Some later became obsessed with it, almost a bit of an escape from reality, like getting stoned.
I still do some stuff that's considered "occult", and everyone must make their own experience.
But if if I had to speak from my heart, I'd say burn it.

Later when I studied drama, I read Shakespeare's "Macbeth", and those witches always made me think of the board - is a prophesy just that, or does it become self-fulfilling, or both? And the actors had all kinds of superstitions to safegaurd them when they performed that play.
But it's a good analogy for what you get from that thing.

Living communally, I'd say if you're not involved ignore it.
I mean not everybody feels equally affected, and even if you try it it's probably just a cheap thrill. I mean you're not gonna ruin your life or turn into a toad or anything.
But it messes with some individuals, and I believe it can sometimes cause hauntings.
In my day a lot of people became very religious after the experience.
Ironically it's a great conversion tool!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdAbsurdum

No, I have proof that it is the ideomotor effect.

Those are the facts I was referring to. I know better than to try to prove a negative.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna challenge your belief structure or anything. And I apologize for coming across so strong I just dealt with a troll for the past two days. (not your fault, I know.)

For the record, being an Animist, I have my share of irrational beliefs. I just don't see this being anything other than ideomotor effect at work.

Then I think you should have formulated your response differently, in the end both of us stick to an "explanation" for these phenomena. Again I cannot prove my belief but at least for me personally, the circumstancial evidence I have come across is enough to believe this to be genuine. I take enough reason from that to want to advice anyone to stay away.

I want to give you kudos for responding in a respectful fashion. Beliefs can differ greatly and its comparing those different beliefs that I find enjoyable.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

My biggest issue with it and other oracle mediums is that people have a tendency to use them more than necessary. They become a crutch for living life. I do believe they will attract things into your life like I stated in my previous post. But I have seen far too many people not make a major decision until they consulted that which is beyond this world somethings we are not meant to know it defeats the purpose of living. These things are not a trivial thing for you to ask if red is the right color before you go out on your first date.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
DO NOT FU.CK WITH THE OUJI BOARD. MARINES + OUJI + GUNS + SPIRITS IS NO GOOD COMBINATION. ONCE A MARINE IS POSSESSED, WHO KNOWS WHAT THE POSSIBILITY IS.

MY X-GF mom was possessed by a spirit for playing with a ouji board.
HER MOM ended up bitting her OWN daughter's Finger down to the bone.

NO #ING KIDDING.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You shouldnt be deadly scared, but keep an eye out, if you didnt touch it you should be ok, but the spirit could have attached itself to one of your friends, the best thing to do is get the place blessed, even though i dont believe in god or priests, it seems to work. and one more tip, never mess with them again.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Spirit Board + ANYTING (even nothing) = BAD BAD BAD
Stay away from these. They can never bring about anything good.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Weird from people I know who have used it I never really met anyone who has gotten physically or mentally injured from using the board... They are pretty normal people looking for some amusement in the form of a scare, this was in a span of a few years and I have yet to see any demonically possesed yet

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join