It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine + ouji board = ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Answer: one stupid and scary experience. Story: a ouji board is found in the back storage room of our guard shack. So marines in my guard section being the brave adventurers thy are decide to play with it. I flat out refused to be anywhere near them. Strange parts: I somehow ended up walking in to the room. I don't know how or why. It was too weird. Then I'm watching them and they're asking questions and it's deadly accurate. Even had the spirit spell out one guys name saying it's going to hurt him. When he asked where or when it spelled out "post". Being the camp guard all we do is post. The last bit we were talking to a 4 year old little girl named Star. She was the first one they encountered before I went in. They also encountered Chad her 6 year old brother who was the one who said he would hurt the one guy. But before I left to go post; we tried to say goodbye and with force it kept going from spelling no to the word no and the moon picture. When the two people touching it(I didn't dare touch it) asked if me and two other people could leave it said yes. I have no idea what happened after that.

I'm no expert on these things so is there anything we should worry about and I'm looking for some more information on safety measures in case these guys wanna mess with the unknown again. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Bud, you've got nothing to worry about. It works because of the ideomotor effect.

It is a natural phenomena that has nothing to do with demons, spirits, etc.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Jarhead+ouija board= Dangerous.... Bored troops are dangerous.. I know... I have had to spank a few naughty bored troops in my time lol...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

That makes sense. Thanks.

And yes, bored troops are dangerous. lol

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Haha...What the heck was a ouji board doing in a military store room in the first place???

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

That's another weird part is that no one knew it was there and we have been working in and out of the storage room for months and suddenly this ouji board just appears out in the open. No one has seen it before or brought it in.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdAbsurdum

Bud, you've got nothing to worry about. It works because of the ideomotor effect.

It is a natural phenomena that has nothing to do with demons, spirits, etc.

I object to this statement. It is my firm belief that this phenomenon is indeed as real is it gets and it is not to be taken lightly... You did well staying away OP.

@AdAbsurdum

You should consider posting your opinion as OPINION instead of posting it as fact.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

Is there any information you can provide that can make it, I don't know, safer? I've tried tellingthem not to do it, but they do it anyhow. Anything you or someone else can provide would be appreciated.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot

Is there any information you can provide that can make it, I don't know, safer? I've tried tellingthem not to do it, but they do it anyhow. Anything you or someone else can provide would be appreciated.

All I know about the subject is 2nd hand experiences accompanied with a big warning to not try this myself. At least 2 cases i've heard of, I would dare put my hand in the fire for believing it truly happened the way they told me.

Out of the tons of different experiences you can read about here on ATS, you will have a VERY hard time to come across an experience wich was regarded as positive.. The entities you can contact with those types of artifacts are not of the kind you'd want to build a relationship with.

The other part of my understanding in this field comes from the bible... Hope I wont lose you here
The way the bible explains it ultimately boils down to this: God created angels, some angels turned bad, as a result 1/3rd of al the angels were cast out of heaven and sent to live around us. After the great flood god took away their ability to materialise. Because of that we cant see em, but we can contact them. As I described, those angels we can contact are in fact bad or fallen angels, the same kind as the ones responsible for the nephilims and a whole can of other "bad" things wich happened before the great flood...

All in all they wont contribute in any way to your quality of life... Best to steer clear of them.

If in any way you put faith in the bible, it might be good to read the book of Enoch. This book is in general not considered to be a genuine part of the original bible but nonetheless when reading it you can gain some understanding as to the role of those "fallen angels" and the role the play in relation to humanity... Note that the entities one can contact with an ouji-board (when accepting the reasoning I presented) would be one and the same from the time before the flood

[edit on 24/8/2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Whatever happened to the good of inter company gladiator battles (helmets on, roll matt on each arm, then raid other platoon lines/accomadation) or sewing the new guy into his sleeping bag then hanging him out the window? Or my personal fave; nailing someone into a wooden mfo box, putting dice numbers around the box then rolling it down the stairs until you get the same number twice?

Ouija boards?

In basic we had a guy who was a satanist.. He had spock like eyebrows, said the Lords prayer backwards every night and scared the crap out of everyone.. One night he contacted his dark lord in the barracks and next morning we woke to find wax all over the windows.. We were freaked out.. He got mentally discharged, and we had to get thePadre in to bless the platoon lines because all kinds of weird stuff was going on after he got the boot...

My advise is to stick to daring troops to run naked across the parade square and sneaking in girls lol

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Interesting. Never heard that part before. The fallen angels part. I've heard about demons and other crazy stuff like that. And you used a word; "nephilims". What is that?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Haha, a lot of that is now considered hazing. But the daring and sneaking in girls still exists.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot

Interesting. Never heard that part before. The fallen angels part. I've heard about demons and other crazy stuff like that. And you used a word; "nephilims". What is that?

type in giants in youtube and you'll find a range of different clips dealing on the subject. Note that some of the evidence presented has in fact been disproved as HOAX but other pieces of evidence have NOT!!!
Nephilims are the byproduct of angels having intercourse with human women. their children were "men of renown" according to Genesis. Think of mythological story's like Hercules... you get the point. I believe that greek mythology is in fact remnant story's from the time prior to the great flood. The book of Enoch goes into more detail describing how man and angels (before the great flood those angels took human forms, hence the reason god took that ability away after the flood) were waging war, makin drugs, getting into astrology (the book of enoch tells that those fallen angels were the ones to teach man about these subjects) and also they got into experimenting with creating hybrids between man and animal (this would explain the abundance of men with animalistic features in our current "mythology")

To also write on-topic... The overall theme of what Im describing here is this: Those entities are real, they are also as bad as they come. You should not want to have any dealings with them. According to the bible this group of demons/fallen angels is led by none other then Lucifer/Satan...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I heard if they go into the moon sign they are bad/evil spirit.

I think you can google it up. Also, if it make sign 8 -> the infinite sign, than it is trap in the board or something like that.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I have work a few cases were the ouija board was the start of the activity.
The thing is, that there are a lot of earth bound spirits that will lie to get in good with the users. It seems like every time I hear these stories, its a kid who had a rough life, and met his untimely end due to some kind of brutality, and abuse. They want you to feel sorry for them and invite them to stay. In these cases it always starts off ok, and then it starts to ramp up and get out of control. These "spirits" will cause cahos and fear so that they may feed of the energy. It is alot easier to invoke fear then it is to envoke love. These things are "energy Vampires" if you will.

I recomend staying away from ouija boards. I have never seen any good from these things. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I'm pretty convinced this is the ideomotor effect effect at work, as previously stated by another poster.

The human mind and 'belief' are very powerful things (check out the placebo effect) Add a bit of 'OMG where did this Ouji board come from?!?!!!' and put it in a room with men under stress and you've got a recipe for all sorts of strangeness.

I once 'played' with a Ouji board in the middle of the night after a friend and myself had indulged in a certain type of fungus. Unsurprisingly the board was slow moving and spouted gibberish at best. Apparently 'the spirit' was called Rmna.
The spirit almost appeared to be under the influence of some substances.

These boards are actually trademarked by Parker Brothers (the same people that produce Monopoly, Cluedo, Risk etc) - it was a board game for bored Victorians (trademarked in 1890). An occult connection never occurred to anyone till the Christians got involved with it around WWI.

Why believe that spirits are moving the glass when the physical reality is that 2 or more people are touching it? Isn't it more plausible that they're moving it using a scientifically recognised and tested phenomenon, rather than the idea that an unprovable being from 'somewhere else' is somehow controlling it through them?

[edit on 24-8-2010 by eightfold]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Jarhead+ouija board= Dangerous.... Bored troops are dangerous.. I know... I have had to spank a few naughty bored troops in my time lol...

Very true, Have you seen youtube videos of board troops lately? And speaking of bored troops for some people who are against Gay marriage, they sure do post some questionable things from time to time.

Ouija board... I am not to sure about them, Messed with a few when I was a kid but havent had any problems... I am not sure if spirts can hurt you since we occupy two different planes of existance.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by eightfold

There is always a chance that the source in this case is this IDIOMETER you talk about.

However that doesn't take away the FACT that an awfull lot of people (not all of em being idiots) have been, or are being harassed by something they cant explain, not occasionally after using an ouji-board. There are many ways to contact these entities. The point is not HOW you contact them, rather its about IF you contact them.

Compare it to a married man thinking about cheating on his wife... by having such a mindset he can unwillingly open a backdoor wich, under the right circumstances, would have him actually go out and cheat. If one, for whatever reason, is in the bussines of contacting these entities he'll have opened a door... Its not hard to get in touch with them, the going gets tough when you want to get rid of em...

Just because you dont know about it doesn't mean that its not real.. If modern science would have such a mindset they'd have a hard time making advancements

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join