It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 day traffic jam in China!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I read this article.... 9 day traffic jam in China... Wow, alots been going on over there lately... with the Ufo Airport sightings happening 7 days apart like mentioned here in July..Source

source

But mentioned here in Yahoo news which is every road rage drivers worse nightmare,China experinced a 9 day long traffic jam

The Beijing-Tibet expressway slowed to a crawl on August 14 due to a spike in traffic by cargo-bearing heavy trucks heading to the capital

Wonder what those heavy cargo trucks were carring...
Now theres the real story

The state-run newspaper said the jam between Beijing and Jining city had given birth to a mini-economy with local merchants capitalising on the stranded drivers' predicament by selling them water and food at inflated prices.
Bet they made some good money

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yes, I saw that and was just thinking about posting. It's unbelievable!

Nine days stuck in traffic? Can you imagine how many people are running out of fuel right where they are? What about emergency vehicles? I wonder how many people are having to pee in open public view? What a nightmare.

Could this happen in your city?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Could this happen in your city?

It just may well, one day. I've heard that China has been the testing ground for a lot of things...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
I wonder how many people are having to pee in open public view? What a nightmare.

After nine days .....surely there was more than just peeing in public .

Shocker .

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
HOLY #$%&!!!

I'm astounded at this, and I thought my 2 minute traffic jams were bad.
This is just out of the ordinary and unheard of.

I don't think drivers really spent 9 days to get from Beijing to Jininig City, what I'm guessing is that the pace of the traffic remained slow and never picked up for 9 days, but the actual time to get from Hebei to Beijing which could be about 1 hour 30 mins driving at about 75 mph probably took 6 hrs at most which is 4x the normal time it takes.

The article just doesnt state drivers spent 9 days on the road, rather it says the traffic jam hasnt rised to normal levels and it's expected to be this way until mid september.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Heh, you guys crack em up... Believe me.. after 9 days in a traffic jam, peeing in public is the least of your problems. Everyone is doing it left and right.. you will be numb to the experience by the end of day 1.

There are consistent week-long waiting lines at the Russian border over here that have also spinned off small enterprises offering food, drinks, fuel, women etc.. Everything you could wish for...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join