It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban: Captured Soldier Joined Cause

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaderel

You have just formulated a fine argument. Much of what you have said I agree with. We can only imagine what horrors that young kid has been subject to while in captivity. He mind is now probably a shell of what it once was before being taken prisoner. Moreover, as you say every man has a breaking point and no one can hold out indefinitely. Some can hold out long than others, but they always break under the pressure.

There are no good guys anymore. The only thing he has out there are his buddies and the very men an insurgent has said he has taken up arms against. Still, I cannot fathom a soldier taking up arms against his friends even if subjected to severe torture, intimidation, threats, and mock execution.

He is just a young kid that has been forced into a situation that even a man of many years would have a difficult time adjusting to. I have much empathy for him and the perils he faces, but that does not negate the seriousness of the allegations made against him. There comes a time when he had to tell them that he would no longer cooperate and let the chips fall where they may. The situation being alleged in the article is one of them. I hope these allegations are false.

<< 1   >>

join