It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brad Pitt says he’d consider death penalty for those responsible for the BP oil disaster

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Is Brad Pit a politician? No
Is Brad Pit a judge? No
Is Brad Pit a lawyer? No

Does anyone care what he says about this?

He is one person with one vote. Why should he get any press at all about this?

Wait.......you trust politicians ???

LOLOLOLOL

Sorry but this was too funny not to respond to.

It's not him that is important....it's that because people know who he is and some people pay attention and follow him, when he does speak out against something that is already in the public's eye, it then gains even more attention because of the increase of people that are aware because of him.....

It's not always as simple as you think.

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Dont I know thats the truth! People never see the human side to celebrities of any kind, they want to hold them up to what their ideas are of the personality and never want to really know the person...

If they did it would ruin their expectations good or bad.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Wow..he's an actor...

So let's listen to him over the legal profession....the scientists....

He spouts...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
reply to post by something wicked

Anyway, so, BP (not British Petroleum, no such company exists) have committed millions to sort out their mess.... can I ask (cough) if settlements have been paid in full on the Exxon Valdez spill? Oh, that would be an American company wouldn't it?

How very true

This is what I have found annoying, is the hypocrisy involved in this particular case, but you have hit the nail on the head there! Star for you (and for your comment to the moron)

Hey, thank you for that, I've given your previous posts in this thread stars, one day I'll learn how to flag!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Seems that the very sexy Husband of the Famous and beautiful Angelina Jolie has struck a cord with the educated public who are sickened by the entire BP fiasco.

Yes what some INDIVIDUALS at BP did is horrible. That is clear.

What is not clear is why people are so easily taken in by Celebrities and seem to all but worship them. Your post exposes you as a Groupie. Don't demean yourself by believing these Celebrities actually believe what they say. Instead look at what they do. Gore should have taught people that.

For instance Pitt's carbon footprint, if you care about such things, is likely more in one year than mine is in my entire life. He opposes Capitalism while at the same time getting filthy rich by being a consummate Capitalist. These Celebrities always have two faces.

He does not need an ad campaign on ATS. So, why provide him with an Ad? This belongs on a gossip site or BTS as an interesting side note.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Blaine you just do not know me, who I am or what I stand for... That is clear. Here is what I have to say about Brad Pitt's comments, this is how I took it...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
wow.... Kinda harsh coming from a guy who was in 'Meet Joe Black.' Whoever wrote that story line needs to ride the lightening for a couple of seconds.

Not sure the death penalty is warranted for the BP leak, but I would be game for throwing them in jail for a long time, and transferring all their wealth into cleaning up that mess.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Brad Pitts Exhaled Breath For Sale

Perhaps his words may be worth some thing.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61f3aed5e787.jpg[/atsimg]

Brad rethinking the Death Penalty...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
What is wrong with you people? Why all the hate? Why do you call good works "evil"?

So what if Brad Pitt has a beautiful expensive home in New Orleans? Did you ever consider his contributions are helping to preserve a cultural heritage and a piece of history that has been salvaged?

He could choose to live anywhere in the world. But he chose New Orleans and committed himself to being among the people who have been downtrodden with disaster and try to raise their morale. He could have a much better view on the Riveria. But he chose this area with all it's pain and poverty because of his compassion for it's people and it's history.

Many times when agencies are slow to help people, or getting rich by pocketing donations for their "administration fees" we often know we can count on the celebrities to help out. Many of these people are compassionate and good hearted and give of their time and talents to help others. "To whom much is given, much is expected" so reads an old moral maxium. Many wealthy people do live up to this responsibility.

If you don't appreciate what they do---you are entitled to your opinion. But to criticize them for the good they have done is just evil on your part.

It's one thing to snub your nose at celebrity in general, but to make a personal attack on someone in particular is just mean spirited.

To refer to Angelina's children as "trophy kids" is malicious. This gracious woman leads by example. And this couple have the where-with-all to take good care of these children.

This couple has made deliberate positive choices to try to make a better world. They could instead have been living decadent lives with drugs and vulgar displays. But they have chosen to live among the sad and injured of New Orleans and to offer hope and assistance to their community. They have consciously decided to give their time and energy as ambassadors of peace and equality by adopting a few children from different cultures.

Those who would call good works evil are cursed. No wonder Jesus said this last generation would receive no signs because they are too wicked. No one would believe or respect any "signs". I think many people can't see the difference between right and wrong anymore, good and evil, and much less take personal responsibility for their actions.

Brad and Angie have worked hard to get where they are and to have what they have. I respect them for the things they are doing with their lives and the joy they are bringing to others. I think they are both upstanding examples of good stewardship and peace advocates.

As far as Brad's remark about the death penalty, those words come from deep grief. From the visible actions in his life and from his words, I sense that this man has taken a lot of pain into his heart on behalf of others.

If any of you had any feeling at all, you would see that he himself needs comfort and not ridicule. He has been bearing a lot of burdens for others.

Alethea

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I agree whole 100% in what you're saying here! In most cases, people will try to dispel another persons' approach on what they think.

In this case, Brad and Angie are taking this up to the forefront and leading a message for the people.

If I had the riches that they had, and the popularity that they have righteously be given, I would be doing the same exact thing!!!!!!

I believe that 95% of the forum populace would be doing the same thing if they were given the opportunity!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
What a load of sanctimonious drivel....Brad and Ange do not live in New Orleans amongst the poor, in fact they spend very little time there, they have homes all over the world, they are constantly on the move.

As for him bearing all these burdens - get a grip! With the multi-millions they have I don't imagine life is too bad for them. They sold pictures of their kids for $14m - ok so they donated that to their foundation, but they hardly worked their backsides off for it, just sold their children's images to the media, so that people like you can fawn over them...

And no one actually said they were evil... Just pointless... There are many people out there who work tirelessly for charity, in private and without vast sums of money, many actually do it for nothing, and these are the people who should be saluted and admired, not a couple of mediocre actors whose contribution to their chosen causes, whilst large in our terms, is a tiny fraction of their personal wealth.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by overextended1

Sorry so what is the "humanitarian" message here? Kill people who make mistakes at work? As someone else pointed out, they're already dead, at the bottom of the ocean... Oh right, kill their bosses then.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join