It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I throw in the towel?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I am strongly inclined to agree with greensage. It all seems very well organized to make sure nothing good comes out of green tech. If our invention devastated some industry, or could be taxed heavily we would be hailed as heros on Oprah already. As it is it just cleans up emissions a lot, and saves the user about 30% of his fuel bill, all while being 50 state EPA compliant, and totally safe for your equipment. Why do people hold to the belief that green has to hurt to be effective?

edit to add: If someone stepped up to the plate to manufacture it in large scale it would also create a lot of jobs. Another big "no no" for green tech.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Binder]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Hey hawkiye, You're thinking is exactly where we were about a year ago. I have collaborated some with Noah Siedman who is a respected, and very intelligent contributor to pure energy systems. The biggest problem is that this innovation is already patented so it doesn't meet their criteria for open source. With PESN you are forced to give it away. When was the last time you saw late breaking coverage of the newest world changing device coming to a store near you from PESN? My point exactly. The idea would become more garage piddle fodder, and every weekend warrior that screwed it up would be another voice of negative feedback burying your work in obscurity.
The maintenance is not so much maintaining the system as adding its fuel. You can't decrease the maintenance because it uses its "fuel" at a set rate when working properly no matter what. If the system stops working everything does just go back to normal, no harm done. It just takes an hour or two to set everything right again on the system if you let it run dry. I don't think anyone would pay for a maintenace program because it is so very simple, and basic. It would be akin to paying me $5 every morning to come pour milk on your cheerios. That is one of the big parts of the patent, it is virtually maintenance free. It even has a light to tell you when it's low on fuel. Light on? Pour stuff in it. It's that easy. It self monitors, self regulates, and fail safe is automatic. These were 1st priority in the design. As I said we didn't invent the wheel, we just made a wheel that rolls better with minimal upkeep.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Firstly: Thank you.

Secondly: You are correct.

Yes it is those "powerful" people we are having the trouble with. They want us to hand them the keys to the Jaguar, and maintain a free lifetime unlimited warranty while they eyeball the 4x4 track with gleeful anticipation. They would break us in short order with their plans.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Binder

When was the last time you saw late breaking coverage of the newest world changing device coming to a store near you from PESN? My point exactly. The idea would become more garage piddle fodder, and every weekend warrior that screwed it up would be another voice of negative feedback burying your work in obscurity.

When was the last time you heard of a world changing device coming to a store near you period? if your device is as good as you say it is then it will transcend being garage piddle fodder as you claim. And how does throwing in the towel and selling out get that world changing device to a store near you?

I believe from what you have said here I know what your device if i am right I have built a couple myself and the second generation models have solved the heat and amp rising problems and there are a couple out there that people can buy that work pretty good but still as you said need to add some liquid weekly. So what does your model bring to the table the others don't?

If gas prices sky-rocket again your product will suddenly be marketable. People are into convenience if it is a cheap and convenient they don't care about the tomorrow. So why not sell to us garage piddlers Like Smack and others do while working on something more world changing? Or how about stipulating in the contract with the oil guy who wants to buy you out that you still retain the right to produce and sell the product on a small scale as long as it does not infringe on them selling it etc. or at least the plans and or parts kits.

What I think you really need to do is hire a sales expert. let someone who knows marketing sell the product. Have them work on a commission basis emphasize the maintenance part and then don't worry about it there will be a certain percentage that don't maintain it so what that is their problem, just like if they don't check the oil in the car and it seizes up one day so they think cars suck. If you shelve it cause you're worried some folks will say bad things about it what good does that do? Nothing worth while is easy you just have to preserver. Get it out there as much as you can. If people keep shelving these things or selling out we will never have that break through we are all looking for.

In fact I believe the technology is already out there but it got shelved.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Binder

Tesla died alone, a pauper, because he held on to his convictions of how he wanted his technology developed, and he wasn't a good businessman. Westinghouse became incredibly wealthy because he knew how to play the game. When to call, and when to fold. I don't want to call when I should fold, or vice versa.

Yes but Tesla actually improved the quality of life for all humanity with what little of his vast knowledge he was able to get into the mainstream even though he only recently has finally began to receive the credit he is so aptly due.

Money isn't the real wealth, Tesla accrued a lot of good karma for his contributions to his fellow man. Again not sure what your belief system is and not trying to be preachy but this life is only a second in the scheme of things. We have a long ways to go before it is all over. Put your attention on uplifting humanity and preserver and eventually the doors will open and the other things will come almost as if automatically. If you pray or meditate may I suggest yo seek for some guidance that way also with some sustained focus?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Update on the off chance anyone is still looking back ot this thread. We ended up not selling to the petro investor guy. The further into it we got the more it became obvious they wanted to buy off all posibility of us doing anything else energy related, and we told them in no uncertain terms "no deal." We have a guy coming tomorrow that wants to set up production on a moderate scale. He has some manufacturing experience, and seems genuinely interested in striking a fair deal. If all goes well then maybe these cool little gadgets will be coming to a parts store near you!!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join