It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National No fly list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
How does one find out if theyre on the list, and if youre on it, how do you get off the list?

The No Fly List is a list, created and maintained by the United States government's Terrorist Screening Center, of people who are not permitted to board a commercial aircraft for travel in or out of the United States. The list has also been used to divert away from U.S. airspace aircraft not flying to or from the U.S. The number of people on the list rises and falls according to threat and intelligence reporting. As of summer 2010, the list contained about 8,500 names, according to the TSC. The list – along with the Secondary Security Screening Selection, which tags would-be passengers for extra inspection – was created after the September 11 attacks.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I guess the easiest way to find out if you are on the list is to try and get on an aeroplane and if bells start ringing and you find yourself on the ground with a big dog in your face ,your on the list.As for getting off the list, forget it .

[edit on 22-8-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Ahhhh, the beauty of simplicity!

Thanks for that and have a star on me!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I believe, and I will likely be wrong on this, but I believe that the list is not something the public can get access to, mainly for the reason that "terrorists" could pre-screen candidates based on if their name is on the list.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
That's correct, the no fly list is not public record. Like the guy said above, go try to fly - if they don't let you, then you know you're on it. No idea if that means you go direct to questioning or they just turn you away. I guess you can let us know haha.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This no fly list does not make sense at all. For instance here in Indonesia, sadly one of the most corrupted countries in the world, it is very easy to bribe city officials and have your name and ID changed.

A friend of mine already went 3 times into Australia, overstayed his stay permission, in order to work there. he got caught 2 times by Australian immigrations and send back, but changed his name in Indonesia and went to Australia again.

My 2 rupees to No Fly lists

[edit on 22-8-2010 by nagabonar]

[edit on 22-8-2010 by nagabonar]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
A friend of mine flies all over the US for work (he lives in the US), the last time he was 'stopped' the guard actually explained why it was that he was continually searched above and beyond the norm.

-30ish
-Lots of 3-4 day trips
-Travels with light luggage
-Trips scheduled with only 1-2 days notice
-Picks up/pays for ticket at the airport immediately before flying

There is actually a code that can be added to your ticket based on all of the above circumstances that flags you as being of 'potential concern'.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The no fly list is broken.
www.popfi.com...

No one knows who is on the list and there is no way to get off the list except by suing the US government.
www.publicintegrity.org...

Or a member of congress.
www.wsws.org...

And you do not have to be a suspected terrorist to be put on the NO fly list.

At least one person was put on the list when a doctor thought he had Tuberculosis. and did not return for treatment.
The person had gone to another doctor that correctly diagnosed what he had a Sarcoidosis.
scienceblogs.com...

top topics

join