It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Krugman: Policy Elite Acting Like The Priests Of Some Ancient Cult

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hey guys, I thought you might find this article, by Paul Krugman OP-ED Columnist for the New York Times, very astounding. Especially those of you whom have studied the World Power Elite, NWO, or whatever you would like to call "Them" extensively. I do apologize if this was posted already, but I felt that this was an important article to read.

Appeasing the Bond Gods

As I look at what passes for responsible economic policy these days, there’s an analogy that keeps passing through my mind. I know it’s over the top, but here it is anyway: the policy elite — central bankers, finance ministers, politicians who pose as defenders of fiscal virtue — are acting like the priests of some ancient cult, demanding that we engage in human sacrifices to appease the anger of invisible gods. Hey, I told you it was over the top. But bear with me for a minute.

Late last year the conventional wisdom on economic policy took a hard right turn. Even though the world’s major economies had barely begun to recover, even though unemployment remained disastrously high across much of America and Europe, creating jobs was no longer on the agenda. Instead, we were told, governments had to turn all their attention to reducing budget deficits.
Full Article

Time and time again, we see an undeniable link between elites and some sort of ritualism. Whether it be through secret societies or through the public with out their notice. Maybe we have been asking the wrong questions about "Them" and how "They" tick. Maybe we should be really focusing on why the Elite focuses so much on ritualism, ancient mysteries teachings and the like. What piece of this massive puzzle are we missing? What are we not seeing? Any thoughts or perceptions besides the Elite being greedy, selfish, megalomaniacs?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Any comments on this article or questions I presented above?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is in serious danger of falling through the cracks. Bumped.... Interesting article, I want to see where this goes...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Quetzalcoatl12

Maybe we should be really focusing on why the Elite focuses so much on ritualism, ancient mysteries teachings and the like. What piece of this massive puzzle are we missing? What are we not seeing? Any thoughts or perceptions besides the Elite being greedy, selfish, megalomaniacs?

Since 'they' often don't go too far away from the bloodline when passing down their genes, especially among the top power families, such incestuous practices can create lines of madness or varying medical conditions or mental disorders- this practice is probably on the decline in this internet age of increasing scientific understanding, but the practice was much, much more frequent in the past. WW1, for example, was a war among cousins, literally.

On the subject of the power 'elites' obsession with war and death, which is also a power and population control mechanism- the worship of death Gods, for example, is unusual and often a sign of significant insanity among closed genetic populations where healthy social structures are relatively rare.

If crazy people breed with other crazy people, there's going to be crazy babies, and one of these crazies are going to press that big red nuclear button someday.

Very unsettling reality.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl12

Late last year the conventional wisdom on economic policy took a hard right turn.

The problem with Krugman is that he has is head so far up his ass he can't break away from the left/right paradigm. By hard right turn he means conservatives and he is specifically arguing that the deficit and debt have no practical relationship to the economy. He is in the pocket of the "elite" which are trying to bring about the financial destruction of the United States.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Not everyone who mentions the words "right" of "left" uses them in the normative sense that you imply.

"Left" and "Right" also have a descriptive meaning that is perfectly coherent and a practical label. There is, undoubtedly, such a thing as economic orders that are complementary to general political views. In the 20th century this descriptive aspect of left and right would more or less denote "spending" vs. "fiscal frugality"...
While it is true that Krugman has a clear stance as to his position in this question it is simply unfair to call the use of the words he chose to be partisan or even normative. All he wanted to say was that fiscal fruaglism seems to have regained the upper hand.

You shouldn't read too much into such things. There's this tendency in America to demonize anyone who even uses the words "left" or "right" as if only a partisan zealot would have a use for them.
That eerily reminds me of the dreadful times were no one could talk of "diverging class interest" without being called a zealot.

Some words have a normative as well as a descriptive meaning. We shouldn't get caught up in confusing them - it leads to ghost battles that promote the very partisanship you seek to combat with such posts.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by NichirasuKenshin]

[edit on 22-8-2010 by NichirasuKenshin]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

On the subject of the power 'elites' obsession with war and death, which is also a power and population control mechanism- the worship of death Gods, for example, is unusual and often a sign of significant insanity among closed genetic populations where healthy social structures are relatively rare.

Why do you think insanity and not something more, since this belief or this knowledge "they" found is far older than Christ himself . Look, I'm not trying to say that a reptilian race is influencing "them", which some people believe true, but the fact of the matter is that the most powerful Elites of our past, present and most likely future, all seem to be part of some ritualistic, secret societal system.
The most powerful and probably the most well known organization on Earth would be Freemasonry, which over the centuries has taken aspects of past great organizations, ancient religions or sects, such as the Knights Templar's, Khabalism, the Barvarian Illuminati. Which I might add the Illuminati were influenced by the Italian and Scottish Carbonari who in turned were influenced by the Cathers earlier, around the 12th century. So is it that the elite are insane or is there some thing much more than insanity that is taking place, in regards to rituals and what we prescribe as unusual beliefs ? Beliefs and rituals that is said to date back to Egyptian times and some even think before that.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Quetzalcoatl12]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by time91
This is in serious danger of falling through the cracks. Bumped.... Interesting article, I want to see where this goes...

Unfortunately, I think your right. What a shame. Oh well "spare the rod".

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
...for what it is worth...

The MSM and not-so-MSM are full of experts (to include Krugman) saying many different things. For the Average American, it is difficult to decipher what is really going on in the economy.

Since the economy has veered from free market fundamentals some time ago, even those with economic understanding get lost reciting the tale as they learned it versus opening their eyes to see that it does not match the reality on the ground today.

Are there players manipulating financial forces for their gain at the detriment of the real economy? No doubt, it is not a new thing. What is more important: job creation or debt reduction? Well, the debt exists either way. At least with a smokin' economy you stand a chance of overcoming the debt. If there are no jobs to kick start the economy, then how do you plan to reduce debt besides choking the country to death? Reducing the debt just appears to be the latest ear/brain-wash talking point.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I liked the theme of ritualism in his article, but I don't care for his arguments.

There are huge problems brewing in the bond market, but the problem goes way deeper than that. The entire structure of the international monetary system is way out in the deep end. The Titanic is sailing straight for the iceberg, but Paul Krugman isn't worried because "We haven't hit an iceberg yet, have we?".

Governments can't keep spending their way out of this crisis. It's time to cut deficits and lower debt. The problem is NOT that we have to stop spending public money, it's that all the public money we spent so far in the recovery went straight to the wrong people. THAT is the source of the problem. Now they want to shut off the spigot so that they can say "All Gone" when the people come looking to find out what the $#%& the bankers did with all their stimulus money.

I HATE what this article represents. More dualistic political voodoo. You get it on both sides of the bell:

On the right they sell deregulation and austerity in the names of market stimulation and fiscal responsibility.

On the left they sell increased spending and new taxes, again in the names of market stimulation and fiscal responsibility.

The problem is that Wall Street gets all the deregulation and stimulus spending, and the people get all the austerity and tax increases. And both parties get to go home and tell their supporters "Mission Accomplished". Holy smoking Jesus, and we fall for it every time!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Krugman: Policy Elite Acting Like The Priests Of Some Ancient Cult

Doesn't seem that far fetched at all. Its a summation of bad government.

top topics

join