It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So this is who some in the Tea Party support for 2012!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Before ya'll run off and blame this on some "left-wing" turd-in-a-punch-bowl conspiracy, you should hear it straight from David Duke himself via his own web site:

Will Dr. David Duke Run for U.S. President?

David Duke is launching a Duke for President exploratory committee, and will soon start a year long tour across America from his home base in Mandeville, LA. He plans to speak in every state and gauge the political response to his possible entry into the race for the Republican nomination.

Thousands of Tea Party Activists and many others have urged him to run for President!

He believes that he has the support of the rank and file Tea Party Movement just as he had support of both the Republican conservative vote and Democratic hard hat vote in Louisiana. Over the past few weeks since the release of his, "David Duke Speaks to the Tea Party" video, thousands of Tea Party activists have urged him to run for President." -www.davidduke.com/

The video shows him attending Tea Party rallies and firing up the 'ol "angry white mob" sentimentality.

If Duke is a "plant", or just a moron preaching hate, then it doesn't do the TP any good to sit there and allow him to co-opt their movement. It's already been set back by the likes of Palin and Republicanism, the libertarian ideas of Ron Paul are hardly mentioned any more.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Anyone else find it funny the longest serving Democratic Senator in history had KKK ties, was a racist by his words, and was considered a hero for the people? I'm surprised Duke isn't being supported by the Democrats.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
David Duke Speaks to the Tea Party

This however doesn't mean the TP supports DD.

@Ferris.B:
The difference between Duke and Byrd was that Byrd renounced his racist past, apologized for it, and made amends. Duke is STILL preaching segregation.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by State of Mind
David Duke is no longer affiliated with the Ku Klux Klan. I interviewed Tom Metzger (founder of the White Aryan Resistance and former Grand Dragon of CA), and a few other big enchiladas in the Neo-Nazi, KKK, and Aryan movements, and they all hate him and consider him a traitor for renouncing his racist ways. They consider race traitors worse than the minorities themselves.

You are absolutely correct. I, too, consider him a traitor and a ridiculous presidential contender.

If he will change course with one organization I expect he will with another.

He was at one time a very charismatic man. But he will never be president.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
This is probably just some propaganda from the "professional liberal left".

Remember the propaganda last POTUS election cycle where Ron Paul was labeled a racist?

I tell you the truth is both parties are scared of being voted out. The TeaParty is a true grass roots organization that is sick and tired of being lied to by professional politicians. I have been to the rallies, I have met the TeaParty, I have looked them in the eye and talked with them. The Teaparty is your single moms, your blue collar workers, your sales professionals, your doctors, your lawyers and your average Joes.

The one thing this diverse and amalgamated group people share in common is conservative politics. They do not want a one world government, they do not want more war, more taxes, more racketeering, more back door politics or more corporate profits at their expense. All they want is honest representation in government matters, one voice, one vote.

The true Teaparty does not endorse David Duke, Sarah Palin, John McCain or anyone other candidate who says they have the Teaparty support. The true support of the Teaparty is for candidates who you have never heard of. They support the underdogs of commoners who stand up against the corruption and deceit of professional politicians.

A junior congressman makes $174,000 a year plus health care that is 75% paid for by the taxpayer. This wage is 2 to 3 times what the average Teaparty member makes. All the Teaparty asks for is that whoever they vote into Congress remembers that serving the people is an honor, not a career. Once that person loses touch with the electorate, they wil be voted out.

There is nothing inherently racist about the Teaparty other than what the main stream media would have you believe. I saw blacks, whites, yellows, reds and browns at the same rallies all demanding the same thing. Equal representation of their conservative values.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
We can't describe the Tea Party as a whole. It's not an individual movement or party. It has no distinct leader, direction, focus, etc...
It's an idea that completely different and separate groups of people borrow and use for their current planned gathering or protest.
The media packages everything together as if the Tea Party were one. So if anything negative happens by an isolated group who call themselves Tea Party members, every group gets the stigma.

Tea Party political agenda
Because the Tea Party is not associated with any single organization, it can often be difficult to explicitly define its agenda.

Tea Party movement - Wiki

top topics

<< 1   >>

join