It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has any ATS member escaped their country for safety and if so where did you go?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
As I read through some great posts on this website there's quite a few members who promise/threaten/inform/state that they are escaping from the US/UK or are making final preparations to leave with or without their families before the coming apocalypse what ever flavour it's in on that particular post before WW3/financial breakdown/civil unrest/ alien invasion/Freak global warming phenomenon.
I live in the UK and if we had any of the above (or a zombie outbreak - I forgot to mention that one) I have no idea where I'd go to with my family. Any thoughts?
Where can a westerner go outside of the US and western Europe and be safe? the middle east is out of the question, Eastern Europe is a step in the wrong direction towards Russia and China, and the Asian Pacific is out. What about Australia? Canada? Anywhere in south America? I have no idea.

What I'm wondering is who has actually left or moved, where did you go to and why there?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm not planning on leaving America
as I suppose I'll die here
it is home for me.

But I was reading an article the other night
about where some folks were going.

Belize
was one of the choices. It also went
into detail about how you could live there
reasonably for less than $1,500 a month
and could still get your Social Security.

I heard some of the CIA were migrating
to Latin America.

Different Bush family members have bought up
vast land tracks in Paraguay, Bolivia and Argentina.

That ought to give ya plenty of choices.

I don't think the Bush family is gonna buy land
tracks if they were not safe havens in the future.

Please also note that all these countries mentioned
that the CIA ushered in the political puppets in control.

This is the PTB retirement villages

[edit on 21-8-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
So anywhere CIA owned is a safe place to go. Worth compiling a list of CIA owned sanctuaries then isn't it and heading that way when the big one comes I reckon then. Might do for a new post...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Dec 2009 I left the UK and headed off to... Egypt.. While the Middle East is generally considered not an ideal place to seek a new life, here in Egypt there are plenty of out-of-the-way places to hide out in while still remaining close to plenty of water and good farming land.. Unlike what the media may claim, the ordinary people living here genuinely do like the 'Brits'. Learning to speak Arabic isnt as hard as I first imagined it to be, so the language barrier isnt a major problem for me.

In a SHTF scenario, I will take my chances here than in the UK anytime.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Many years ago I left Canada and spent almost two years living in Michigan, in order to escape and hide out from an ex wife.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well imo Europe is screwed, especially the mainland, but also the UK which is basically falling apart from within.

The USA is my choice, it's got it's problems, but it's a big country, almost too big to fail and has yet to suffer an invasion.
If I fail in my attempt I fail, but I'm gonna try.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
i'm going down with the sinking american ship.
used to spend lots of time elsewhere, but i'm here for the duration.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Illegally enter Canada then legally enter Alaska is my plan.

The Sub Artic is teeming with wildlife, and who the hell would want to invade Alaska? Anchorage is the first place I will be heading to when SHTF.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythic Chris

The Sub Artic is teeming with wildlife, and who the hell would want to invade Alaska? Anchorage is the first place I will be heading to when SHTF.

I take it that you haven't played Fallout 3 then?

You see, the Chinese will invade Alaska and then the U.S will send a huge gigantic robot who will lead the American troops in the counter-attack battle while shouting cheap American patriotic slogans at the commie invaders!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Originally posted by Mythic Chris

I take it that you haven't played Fallout 3 then?

You see, the Chinese will invade Alaska and then the U.S will send a huge gigantic robot who will lead the American troops in the counter-attack battle while shouting cheap American patriotic slogans at the commie invaders!

lol i just had to respond to this....i love that part.

As for my choice...I can legally enter and live in canada if i wish. Though my advice would be an island away from big society's for obvious reasons of covering your own ass.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I guess it depends on your values and what exactly you expect to happen that would cause you to leave.

Seriously, what part would make you want South America over North America? Is it the Political/Social implosion, such as the loss of the Dollar or the real potential of a rigged election and subsequent riots? Government overthrow? Concentration camp/soup lines, food shortages, martial law? Nukes? Iran? Israel?

Is it a Natural disaster such as global shift, ice age, comet, mega-volcano? Is it a gigantic flood from the influence of a heavenly body? Is it the Gulf? Is it disease? Is it the big one that takes California and splits the country via the New Madrid? CME or other heavenly wonder that interrupts the flow of Technology, Services, and Goods?

Or, is the the fact that the Next War ushers the Mystical place we all know as Revelation? Will the Gulf blow and take out the Whore of Babylon? Is there a False Enactment of our Spiritual Beliefs in the Return of Christ that we are all being played? If so then the real Ending is over there, in the Middle East, and we are just ashes and lost to them.

I say it is better to stay put here, but when shtf we need to just go Native! Disconnect from society and go Native. We hunt, we gather, we form communities with our Native Brothers and let all the rest fall away. If they take liberties it will be in places of Society and places of the Wild will be of no consequence to them and theirs; then they can take their place with the other Rulers of the World; under their Masters.

The only safe place are the Wild Places, the Mountains, stay out of the plains. The Gulf is only just beginning, soon it will strike back at us and the Whore will fall in one day!

If you are Rich and you leave, when you get where you are going you will be Poor! LOL That is about as simple as it gets. Anyone holding Gold will lose it to anyone who wants it. Anyone who wants it will do anything to take it.

North America has a ton of Wild places, the problem is that our Government thinks they own it. They don't, we do! It is abundant and it is life-giving, it is safety and it is foreboding. It is the way this Land was always utilized until all of this came here, and it can return that way albeit half-poisoned, mutilated, and corrupted.

Sorry, I know the post is about leaving, but this is where we will leave, and this is where we will leave to, North America for me! To the Rockies! To the Appalachians, to the Black Hills, to the Forests, to the beginnings of the Rivers and the sanctuaries!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage

I say it is better to stay put here, but when shtf we need to just go Native! Disconnect from society and go Native. We hunt, we gather, we form communities with our Native Brothers and let all the rest fall away.

Its funny you mention my native brothers and sisters lol, most of them would shoot a White man on site if you tried coming on our territory/sovereign land when SHTF....hell scratch that, even now they would shoot you if you came on property. Your all welcome to join me on my land though, so long as you bring more semi automatic weapons, food and clean water

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
There was an ATS member, reportedly, a few years back left to Tibet (well, some believe he is in either Tibet or Nepal) - after posting cryptic messages (which were hauntingly accurate)

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

I say it is better to stay put here, but when shtf we need to just go Native! Disconnect from society and go Native. We hunt, we gather, we form communities with our Native Brothers and let all the rest fall away.

Its funny you mention my native brothers and sisters lol, most of them would shoot a White man on site if you tried coming on our territory/sovereign land when SHTF....hell scratch that, even now they would shoot you if you came on property. Your all welcome to join me on my land though, so long as you bring more semi automatic weapons, food and clean water

No thank you, you do not represent Native American Shamanism; if you had any Spirit in you this path would be clear as to where the White Brother meets the Red Brother as equals. As it always should have been! I like so many of us carry not only the Souls of our Ancestors but as well the genetics. Perhaps the White Snake in you will move to the East towards the Light because the Black Snake is coming. Your fight is not with people like me and I read that in your post, but you cannot defend what is about to occur. It isn't just survival of you.

I am not trying to engage you negatively but something other than this approach of yours will present itself if you open to it.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I guess it depends on your values and what exactly you expect to happen that would cause you to leave.

Seriously, what part would make you want South America over North America? Is it the Political/Social implosion, such as the loss of the Dollar or the real potential of a rigged election and subsequent riots? Government overthrow? Concentration camp/soup lines, food shortages, martial law? Nukes? Iran? Israel?

Is it a Natural disaster such as global shift, ice age, comet, mega-volcano? Is it a gigantic flood from the influence of a heavenly body? Is it the Gulf? Is it disease? Is it the big one that takes California and splits the country via the New Madrid? CME or other heavenly wonder that interrupts the flow of Technology, Services, and Goods?

Or, is the the fact that the Next War ushers the Mystical place we all know as Revelation? Will the Gulf blow and take out the Whore of Babylon? Is there a False Enactment of our Spiritual Beliefs in the Return of Christ that we are all being played? If so then the real Ending is over there, in the Middle East, and we are just ashes and lost to them.

I say it is better to stay put here, but when shtf we need to just go Native! Disconnect from society and go Native. We hunt, we gather, we form communities with our Native Brothers and let all the rest fall away. If they take liberties it will be in places of Society and places of the Wild will be of no consequence to them and theirs; then they can take their place with the other Rulers of the World; under their Masters.

The only safe place are the Wild Places, the Mountains, stay out of the plains. The Gulf is only just beginning, soon it will strike back at us and the Whore will fall in one day!

If you are Rich and you leave, when you get where you are going you will be Poor! LOL That is about as simple as it gets. Anyone holding Gold will lose it to anyone who wants it. Anyone who wants it will do anything to take it.

North America has a ton of Wild places, the problem is that our Government thinks they own it. They don't, we do! It is abundant and it is life-giving, it is safety and it is foreboding. It is the way this Land was always utilized until all of this came here, and it can return that way albeit half-poisoned, mutilated, and corrupted.

Sorry, I know the post is about leaving, but this is where we will leave, and this is where we will leave to, North America for me! To the Rockies! To the Appalachians, to the Black Hills, to the Forests, to the beginnings of the Rivers and the sanctuaries!

Go look at a map in Alaska, the entire place is just wild with some of the most isolated villages and towns, most of them have no roads leading to them. Just some airports.

Some of the purist land I have ever seen

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Mythic Chris]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
There was an ATS member, reportedly, a few years back left to Tibet (well, some believe he is in either Tibet or Nepal) - after posting cryptic messages (which were hauntingly accurate)

Anything more detailed on this snippet of info such as who and what messages?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythic Chris

My youngest brother lives between a remote base in the north (no trees), and where his kids live in Sitka, AK. He is a bear of a person and I am glad he is up there. Me personally, I would refrain from becoming too much of a food source for Wild Animals! LOL

I appreciate the thought, I would like to visit there in the future when all of this is over, see if the bro came through it; he is Coast Guard so he is part of the big machine regardless.

My only memories of Alaska are Anchorage when I was 5-years-old. My Brother has been there now 15+ years. Lucky man! He claims that Homesteading is still available in remote areas. Just set your stuff down and it is yours.

There is still the possibility of a Global Shift, who's to say where and what degree of change takes place. I still consider Alaska as part of the Ring of Fire.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I like the vibe on this thread, it's almost like a gathering before the real gathering.

Why the hostility from the red man?
They should know the prophecy's that say the white man is going to join him soon IFTSHTF...
Time will tell.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The red man in tact with shamanism and the like isnt the one who is hostile, it is their youth, out of reach with their traditions and beliefs. For the youth, the reservations are a place to produce, use, and sell drugs without the police bothering them, and if a white man comes onto their land, the man dissapears. Those who follow the shamanistic path hate to see their brothers this way, but this is how it is.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bananasncreme
The red man in tact with shamanism and the like isnt the one who is hostile, it is their youth, out of reach with their traditions and beliefs. For the youth, the reservations are a place to produce, use, and sell drugs without the police bothering them, and if a white man comes onto their land, the man dissapears. Those who follow the shamanistic path hate to see their brothers this way, but this is how it is.

It's interesting what you say because I met a half-caste red-indian woman when I was overseas.
She told me that a lot of her native american friends, especially the young ones are still angry and pssed off at the white man for the times gone by...
Such is the legacy...

<<   2 >>

join