It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has any ATS member escaped their country for safety and if so where did you go?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I haven't myself, but I live in Canada and I know a few people who have fled here. One guy at my church fled Chile under Pinochet; he doesn't really talk about it much, except to say he'd be dead or in jail if he'd stayed. Another guy at church fled with his family here from Sierra Leone because of the conditions there. I also worked with several people a few years ago who fled from Sierra Leone. All of them have been very happy with Canada.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Originally posted by Mythic Chris
Illegally enter Canada then legally enter Alaska is my plan.

The Sub Artic is teeming with wildlife, and who the hell would want to invade Alaska? Anchorage is the first place I will be heading to when SHTF.

I take it that you haven't played Fallout 3 then?

You see, the Chinese will invade Alaska and then the U.S will send a huge gigantic robot who will lead the American troops in the counter-attack battle while shouting cheap American patriotic slogans at the commie invaders!

lol i just had to respond to this....i love that part.

As for my choice...I can legally enter and live in canada if i wish. Though my advice would be an island away from big society's for obvious reasons of covering your own ass.

Hehe!
of course! you're the TheVaultDweller from Vault 101 nice to meet ya!

Myself, I grew up in a wet'n'moisty drain shaft North West of Megaton, that was hard times let me tell you - you guys had it good!

I recently moved on to better locations with a female enclave scientist chem-dealer though!

Need jet?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by markygee

Originally posted by infinite
There was an ATS member, reportedly, a few years back left to Tibet (well, some believe he is in either Tibet or Nepal) - after posting cryptic messages (which were hauntingly accurate)

Anything more detailed on this snippet of info such as who and what messages?

It was the guy with the "Black Knight prediction thread".

If I remember correctly, his nickname on ATS was Black Knight too, only written on a different way.

Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Left back in the early 80s out of disgust with how things were going.. Found a much better life far from big brother and the war pigs of the west.. Will stay where I am now far from the stupidity .. Should they show up here then will just disappear further into the jungle than am now...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage

Originally posted by Greensage

I say it is better to stay put here, but when shtf we need to just go Native! Disconnect from society and go Native. We hunt, we gather, we form communities with our Native Brothers and let all the rest fall away.

Its funny you mention my native brothers and sisters lol, most of them would shoot a White man on site if you tried coming on our territory/sovereign land when SHTF....hell scratch that, even now they would shoot you if you came on property. Your all welcome to join me on my land though, so long as you bring more semi automatic weapons, food and clean water

No thank you, you do not represent Native American Shamanism; if you had any Spirit in you this path would be clear as to where the White Brother meets the Red Brother as equals. As it always should have been! I like so many of us carry not only the Souls of our Ancestors but as well the genetics. Perhaps the White Snake in you will move to the East towards the Light because the Black Snake is coming. Your fight is not with people like me and I read that in your post, but you cannot defend what is about to occur. It isn't just survival of you.

I am not trying to engage you negatively but something other than this approach of yours will present itself if you open to it.

Well i don't mean to generalize my native brothers as a whole. I mis spoke on that part of the conversation. What i meant to say was that most of the natives around ME act in this manner. I live in the northeastern part of the US and this is common around "me". Please don't preach to me about spirit...I have lived a life of non materialistic needs and always helping those in need around me regardless of color or culture. I have worked for my people as well as the white man. I have shed blood and tears with every walk of life in our nations military...all because i have a deep compassion for human life and people in general. I have NEVER treated a man or women as not equal in my eyes for any reason. You speak as if a wise man, and i respect your words. However i have not forgotten the trail of tears and many other atrocities not taught in American schools that have been conducted on our people. I agree with your logic on being equal...believe me i do. One thing that riddles me is your closing statement " something other than this approach of yours will present itself if you open to it". Please enlighten me here

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythic Chris
Illegally enter Canada then legally enter Alaska is my plan.

The Sub Artic is teeming with wildlife, and who the hell would want to invade Alaska? Anchorage is the first place I will be heading to when SHTF.

I take it that you haven't played Fallout 3 then?

You see, the Chinese will invade Alaska and then the U.S will send a huge gigantic robot who will lead the American troops in the counter-attack battle while shouting cheap American patriotic slogans at the commie invaders!

As for my choice...I can legally enter and live in canada if i wish. Though my advice would be an island away from big society's for obvious reasons of covering your own ass.

Hehe!
of course! you're the TheVaultDweller from Vault 101 nice to meet ya!

Myself, I grew up in a wet'n'moisty drain shaft North West of Megaton, that was hard times let me tell you - you guys had it good!

I recently moved on to better locations with a female enclave scientist chem-dealer though!

Need jet?

Actually im a vault 13 descendant lol...one of the original players of the game who still plays it occasionally. No jet needed
for some reason i never use drugs in games, i guess i, live like i live in real life, in game. If i said that right?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'm from the UK and I have to say that this island is just too small to be able to hide in for any descent amount of time and there are more or less no animals to hunt unless you enjoy the taste of Fox.

I was absolutely amazed at the beauty and expanse of the wilderness in New England when I visited, and you have hunting opportunities that are not available in most of Europe

Tasmania or New Zealand also seem like they might be nice places to spend a Zombie outbreak or similar

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
yeah were screwed if there's any sort of outbreak in the UK. Other countries could quarantine the uk if necessary if the royal navy refused to. There's no way you can run anywhere or hide and hold up. Anarchy would take about 5 mins to break out in this country if law and order and utilities we take for granted dissapear. Never mind that the majority of the food we consume is imported I think canabilism would break out in about a week as well.
I wonder if there's any little sanctuaries in Scotland or Wales left? Us english could head up there.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee

I wouldn't leave the US or Canadia as they are probably better (not best) places to be. It depends on what you think is going to happen. If you think that teotwaki (I mean really, really, THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT and commerce comes to a halt) is the scenario then most of the metro world,( UK would be especially hard hit since it is an island and you're trapped with the zombies), would starve to death in 6-8 weeks, so the metro world would not be the place to be. GB has too many people for the amount of land that is available and I'm pretty sure when TSHTF the county-folk won't be very welcoming. In the most urbanized areas as much as 90% would die. If money were no object, I think I would move to somewhere in rural South America (i.e. Chile or Argentina) where you can still own firearms and have some way to protect yourself and own farm land to homestead on and raise your own food. Some people seem to think Southern Africa would be the place to be, but I don't. The best way to do this would be with a co-op group of like minded individuals, which gives depth of expertise as well as manpower for work and protection. Now, having said that, if you can survive the first 3-6 months, in place, you may not have too much competition for the remaining supplies. Of course in societies where the populace is disarmed, the military (or their remnants) will be the only armed people and they will be in charge, for better or for worse. If you triage the world at large you will see that not much would change in sub-Saharan Africa, nor much through the poorer regions of southern Asia, Indonesia and the islands. The metro areas of SA will suffer the same fate but they have much more land to move out into, so they will not suffer as badly. The slums of Sao Paulo aren't exactly high tech anyway. Central Asia will not suffer much change although the build up of the Chinese in their cities will suffer high casualties. Australia is a real wild card since the populace is small compared to land mass but they are similarly disarmed, and in the absence of an armed populace a totalitarian regime could arise in a martial law scenario, that answers to no one, but their metro areas will suffer similarly. Central America will be much like SA. This leaves Europe (Moscow/StPete to the Atlantic and the Med countries) and NA. It will be like Moscow 44/45 or Berlin 45 in Europe, it will become tribal, brutal and I would not want to be there. In NA it will be similar except that there is more land available for those that prepare in advance. But the left coast, the northeast and the other large metro areas will suffer the same fate as Europe. The "flyover states" will survive in some form or other. Although there may be some skeleton military and gov't, they wont exert any real control over things. The people that live in rural areas that are armed and have prepared and grouped together will control their local geography to their benefit. If I were giving you advice, which I'm not, I would tell you to move to the rural US and become an armed, prepared homesteader. You do your own homework, and make up your mind. This is all based on teotwaki. Anything more intermediate is anybody's guess, however, you and yours are the ones that will have to live with your decision! 2cents

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join