It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal Manipulation today. Can you see it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is a subject that if known with a better understanding can help not only to better your research, but to understand those who cannot see the day to day manipulation, due to the sub-conscience mind being drowned with false information, with the use of distraction, hand gestures, and symbolism.

Here are some pieces of information through videos and blogs, that can help to identify, what is so little mentioned and so highly effective.

Neuro-linguistic programming.
definition: Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) is a controversial approach to psychotherapy and organizational change based on "a model of interpersonal communication chiefly concerned with the relationship between successful patterns of behaviour and the subjective experiences (esp. patterns of thought) underlying them" and "a system of alternative therapy based on this which seeks to educate people in self-awareness and effective communication, and to change their patterns of mental and emotional behaviour".[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

1 Interpreting Media NLP Neuro-linguistic programming

2 Interpreting Media Neuro-linguistic programming or NLP

3 Interpreting Media Neuro-linguistic programming or NLP

Subliminal persuasion through media, music and HAARP (Programming The Nation trailer)

Im still trying to get the full vid to post.

Subliminal Manipulation of Your Mind

Here is a good sight with lots of extra information, including examples and scientific evidence of the effects of subliminal messages.
www.poleshift.org...

sub-lim.blogspot.com...

Our brains are being bombarded with images that have many consequences to how we see them, the reason for the first few videos about the news and how images and words can control, is also due to the marque on the bottom of the screen, sometimes you may see things on the screen and them get distracted by something that was on the marque and your brain may actually put 2 separate stories and combine them to the way that you saw and heard it.

Also, have you ever watched the news and they will cut the story on the marque by stopping in the middle for commercial? Next time try to remember what you saw, and when the commercial comes back, is it the same story as before or have they changed it? See how both (if different) make you feel about what you just saw, and actually waited for.

This is all happening around us, IMO our conscience and sub-conscience is what causes is to continue to search for the truth, we are slowly learning that something is wrong, out of place, in everything from movies to music.

Please if you have any other resources or links list them, this is very important information that can help to identify, who and what the main story is trying to tell us.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Imagine if you can, everything you begin to see, in the so called"entertainment" industry, including MSM, and used neuro linguistic methods. How many fallacies can you spot?

I think if knowing these things, we can actually begin to see not only motive, but future events unfold right before our eyes. We think that whistle blowers are few and in between, but when you begin to see the "signs" we are more informed than you think.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
That is too funny, you see this a lost on CNN.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

More than I care to count,,, very strange times

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Also, Michael Tsarion has many interesting videos on youtube.

Check him out.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I only watched the last video as it had to do with print design, something that I do myself sometimes making advertising for clubs and I have also written a few published articles for magazines.

The things that this guy describes are just totally unfeasible, first of all a magazine has different departments some people write the copy (the articles for the magazine) someone else writes the headlines, someone else is responsible for the cover image etc etc etc.
If what this guy says is true then the whole of the magazines work force from the copy writers to the photographers to the printers would all have to be involved in a massive conspiracy just so that you think Mariah Carey looks thin, when in reality the people that made the cover of that magazine probably couldn't give a damn if you think she is thin or not, they just want to go home and play with the dog like everyone else.

Secondly when the guy comes up with his 97% transparency in photoshop, it's obvious that he has never ever sent anything to a printers before in his life, printing is a very imprecise thing and colors, tones etc etc change from one print batch to the next meaning if you put anything as subtle as that in an image and then print it the chances are it would only appear on a few of the print runs and would be completely gone by the end.
If I get a print run of 10000 flyers made up for a club then the color variances between them is astounding (and no I'm not just using a bad printer, thats just what printing is like)

He says that "now" is the only word in the paragraph that is right justified, when in reality the whole paragraph is right justified, thats why it is all lined up along the right edge.

I can assure you that you don't need to be part of the NWO to get a job as a Graphic designer on a magazine.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Flagged, as it is an interesting subject of which I think many people are unaware.
I've been paying attention to this subject since reading "Subliminal Seduction", way back in the '70's. (Maybe it's available online, fun read.)
Anyway, it's amazing to watch someone "catch on", once you explain what 'they' have just done to you in one of these instances, be it a commercial or whatever, that 'they' slap you in the face with.
My own opinion of the technique is obviously low, even given the artistic and ingenious methods they employ... it still seems like shooting fish in a barrel, and a sneaky trick, at that.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
this is one of the best post ive ever read on ats. ive noticed what reporters do in interviews but never fully analyzed it. but i disagree about what he said about steven colbert.his show is a comedy show not a news program. he is actually a liberal pretending to be conservative in contrast to jhon stewart. so i guess its disinformation for any conservative that watches his show. which is good if your a liberal

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Great analysis, but I'm confused (or rather the narrator is confused) about the Stephan Colbert references. Colbert is playing a character spoofing guys like Hannity and O'Reilly. He effectively uses all the techniques described, but does so in such a blatant and hack way as to call attention to the fact the he, himself, is an ass.

Its a COMEDY show... a satire of these types of news programs. You're not supposed to get any substantive information out of it. Stephan Colbert sells people's books and movies like any other talk show.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Broll]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

If what this guy says is true then the whole of the magazines work force from the copy writers to the photographers to the printers would all have to be involved in a massive conspiracy just so that you think Mariah Carey looks thin, when in reality the people that made the cover of that magazine probably couldn't give a damn if you think she is thin or not, they just want to go home and play with the dog like everyone else.

I can assure you that you don't need to be part of the NWO to get a job as a Graphic designer on a magazine.

I too am a graphic designer and could not agree more. He conveniently didn't have high-res scans of the nonsense he was pointing out. He blatantly lied about the right vs left justification. The layout artists have a lot of content to pack into a small space... they just want to get it done and send it off to the printers. They're not plotting mind-control conspiracies on the covers of beauty magazines.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

You get a star and flag for this. About 10 years ago I never thought much about the news. Slowly I started to see what they were doing, until it became blatantly obvious to me. Now I see exactly what this guy on the videos is describing. Like him, I do not know how I understand it and am able to see these things. My guess is that we have all been there...we have all been manipulated. Then we woke up. You can't fool a victim anymore once they realize the truth.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Star for you No Regrets, great post. We should all understand how we are being manipulated, although even that will not make us totally immune.
I am also a graphic designer, and in college one of my required 1st year visual communication courses covered all of this stuff. I found the class wonderfully amusing, as it totally confirmed my suspicions that subliminal techniques were being used by the media.
You do not need to be a member of the new world order to work in advertising. It just pays to understand how to manipulate the audience's subconscious mind in order to sell products (or ideas). Using sex, other primal urges and emotion to convince the subconscious mind is not new either, it is just becoming more insidious. Read "Visual Methodologies" for an in depth intro into the psychology behind it.

The last video posted by the OP is a pretty poor example, unlike the first two. I find it amusing that Broll and Dave have used it to try to discredit the topic. I don't think this one is up for debate. You can deny it if you like. You only have to see what you want to.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I agree with you 100%. I am also a professional graphic designer.

The people who design the cover and write the text are just average joes. The whole creative department would have to be in on this giant subliminal messaging campaign.

The industry just does NOT work that way.

If you never worked for a design firm/magazine I could see how you would think it would be possible. But believe me it really really isn't.

[edit on 8/21/2010 by mnmcandiez]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I have noticed that especially lately it is hard to figure out what is real or not. To me, it appears as if all of our values are now tied into the entertainment industry and media. Critical thinking is a thing of the past, I'm afraid. Will anyone actually know the real truth ever again?

I'm not necessarily talking about subliminal messages, but the insane rate at which illogical thoughts are blasted at our heads. It becomes impossible, at least for me, to stop each one and analyze it because they come too fast.

Look at the newscaster in the 9/11 video for example, he is shaping public opinion by stating as fact his opinion that the evidence is evident to the conspiracy "nut" as he calls him because he is a conspiracy nut. This short-circuits our brains into thinking illogically and not considering the evidence. And there is more, he mentions anchoring.

I notice things like this happening way too often in our media.

I believe at this rate, in the future, fads will become like morals. I say at this rate because things always have a way of changing. I prefered things the way they were naturally once.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by darkbake]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Thank You ! Great post ! I am constantly telling people they are being shafted and what they see and hear is not what it is... This is used by all media and advertising on a daily basis ! Education like this post is more needed !

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Debate is not a conspiracy. Hannity / Fox isn't News, it's a debate channel. The only reason the get away with their crappy debate tactics is because they control the medium. If Hannity were ever in a real debate with a controlled forum with educated judges, he would lose.

The show is designed this way because that's production. That's entertainment. The only "conspiracy" is to make fans of the show happy and turn a profit.

Hannity is not some master mind magician sorcerer. He's an arrogant jerk who's got a knack at bossing people around in his own forum.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Subliminal messages are worst thing i can imagine , yeah true there are much worse crimes at first, but let's think little about it even God gave us freedom to choose what we think is right and to think for ourselves and now MSM is trying to take away , hopefully i don't live in USA so i am not so much exposed to this but i have fear of HAARP.

So someone thinks that FOX don't use subliminal messages ? If they don't then nobody uses.

Documentary is great i hope to see full version of it

Great thread one of better lately S&F

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Great Post Good thing I dont watch MSM. Frustrating to no end.

reply to post by Broll

Stephan Colbert uses satire to desensitize, misdirect and otherwise exhaust public attention. It is a joke!

Much in the same way if you talk to someone about stargates and ascension they say "Ohh yeah I saw the episode SG1 on the space channel"

Illuminati? "Yah I saw that movie too, what was it American Treasure?" and the
NWO sounds like the utopia of the United Federation of Planets.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I kind of like this kind of stuff, like a guy is teaching conspiracy theory and somehow, there's a conspiracy to cover a conspiracy that couldn't have been a conspiracy in the first place, and something to do with "thermite", yadda, yadda, yadda. If you've ever handled thermite you'd know that if you used enough thermite to take out the twin towers, that place would still be hot!. Here's the big conspiracy, we're all angry monkeys and just don't feel to good about the world the way it is these days, but cheer up people, we're living in the good times! It's going to get REALLY bad here, REALLY soon, and it doesn't really matter cause the human race is a walking dead man that doesn't know it yet! Go outside, drink a brew with the folks next door and forget about it for a while. A new monster, a new crisis, a new worry is coming with the next sunrise, just like always, and just like always, the human race will find some way to hose that stuff up too!, aw forget about it!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I'd like to react to that last video, where some guy points out hidden messages in Glamour magazines. Now, I do not live in the US, but nevertheless I instantly grabbed two Glamour magazines we had in our language, one from 2006 and one from 2008. When I started to inspect the front pages more accurately, I saw the word 'sex' spelled out as well.

However, I doubt the extend to which these words can influence us. The voice-over uses words like 'mind control' and 'manipulation' for example, but I've carried out experiments that used subliminal messaging in a laboratory setting. In those situations, subliminal messages work, they excert their influence. But I do not believe that my nonconscious mind picks up the words pointed out on Glamour magazines. There are too much distractions.

I understand why such a magazine would do it. It's worth the try, isn't it? But in my opinion, the influence of these messages is overstated. I don't think there is much influence from them, if any. And besides, I don't think that subliminal messaging is as commonly used as the voice-over sais. Daily life isn't filled with subliminal messages, and even if it is, it's hardly working.

I quote John A. Bargh here:

SOMETIMES, subliminal messages are not perceived at all, in which case they have no priming effect. Just because a stimulus is not consciously perceived does not mean that it was, in fact, subliminally perceived. Subliminal effects can be demonstrated in a laboratory in which a subject's attention is carefully focused and no distractions exist, but the busy, noisy world outside of that laboratory is a very different story.

John A. Bargh is a professor of psychology at New York University and the author of The Automaticity of Everyday Life (Erlbaum, 1997)

[edit on 21-8-2010 by -Thom-]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join