It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones - Most hated source of information?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I've seen some negative resentment for Alex Jones rise over the past year or so. It has always existed, but now whenever somebody tries to link to infowars or prisonplanet as their source for news, you cannot go a single page without seeing a few people saying, "This might be news, but it's from Alex, so I'm not reading it", "Alex Jones is in it for the money", or, "Alex is a fear monger, nothing to discuss here, close the thread mods, and move on". However, when I see a link from FOX News or a tabloid site, people do what they should do and question the material being presented instead of derailing the thread with endless gab of the source that presented it.

Is there a conspiracy to shut down Alex Jones on ATS, regardless of the content he is presenting, or are there just some really butthurt and/or trolling individuals out there that like to bash Alex at every opportunity?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I never really understood why people bashed those who do come forward with information. Whether you don't like his style or words, I don't think that anyone that brings information should be bashed, they are not there to be our saviors, or our final word and authority.

NO ONE should be the final truth, because last I heard NO ONE had it. Everyone who has information, and has the nerve to come out to the public, should be praised, but that doesn't mean that everything they say is true.

That's why its called research. Stop. Look. Listen. Research, and find your own truth... it is out there.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

My problem with Mr Jones is that he just acts crazy.

You CANNOT get a serious point across when you sound like some blogger venting from his mother's basement.

Like I have said before, he may have started out with well intentions, and from the documentary I saw, it is my opinion he did. Somewhere along the way though, he let all of it mentally get to him and he lost it. I truly think he could have some sort of mental problem.

You don't get taken seriously yelling and ranting and doing his "angry texan voice" crap. You don't get taken seriously running around New York City with a bull horn saying "9/11 was an inside job" you don't get taken seriously aligning yourself with other nut jobs. And in the conspiracy world, you don't get taken too seriously when you hock your products constantly. (personal disclosure...he has a product to sell, and he has a right to with his voice.)

Speaking of his voice: He has a platform, a wide platform, that could be used to unite "our" "agenda" into a concise, sane, singular message, yet he doesn't. He is fringe even for the fringe.

When I watched that doc, I was saddened. I had heard all this here on ATS, and felt like they were being unfair to him. They were not. It is true. He acts crazy. He is a turn off to any sane person

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of Jones, but I will say there is much info on his sites. He links to many different sources on either side, and some of his writers are very talented.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Alex Jones and his guests really woke me up to the dangers of vaccines, fluoride in the water and the rising police state.

He is a favorite of mine when playing online poker. I listen to him and c2c every day.

I can't understand people making it through a Limbaugh or Beck broadcast. They should use Limbaugh and Beck broadcasts to torture terrorists. But that would be inhumane.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
From my observations on ATS the most hated are

FOX News
Glenn Beck
Rush Limbaugh

Check back in 3 years and it'll change to whomever the most popular conservative voices are.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

FOX News
Glenn Beck
Rush Limbaugh

Check back in 3 years and it'll change to whomever the most popular conservative voices are.

That's because these people, like Alex Jones, rarely have anything good to say.

Most of the time they are stroking their ego and making money instead.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

CAN YOU REALLY HATE SOMEONE THAT MAKES YOU LAUGH THAT MUCH???

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
And in the conspiracy world, you don't get taken too seriously when you hock your products constantly.

There was a time not too long ago when Alex Jones rarely plugged anything. The explanation he gave on-air for his change of heart was that no matter how little advertising he did, he will still get attacked for it, so he just let go.

I agree, his mental state is probably gone thanks to what it is that he does, but I can say the same for myself in a way. A news article is not equivalent to a crazed nutjob standing on the street corner yelling about the end of the world (a YouTube video can be, though, which is why if you link to an Alex Jones VIDEO, my opinion changes vastly), and just because it's from infowars or prisonplanet, it doesn't automatically discredit it. Most of the articles from there aren't even written by Alex anyway.

Originally posted by jjkenobi

FOX News
Glenn Beck
Rush Limbaugh

FOX News and Rush Limbaugh, yes, but Glenn Beck? I've seen some hatred for him, but I also see some hyperbolic praise of the man. Glenn isn't near the level of Alex on hate yet.

Originally posted by Jeanius
Most of the time they are stroking their ego and making money instead.

One of these days, I'm going to make an Alex Jones picture photoshopped with tons of free articles on his sites, free audio streaming 24/7, and free videos on YouTube, and a caption similar to, "Alex Jones: Only In It For The Money".

I'm sure it'll quickly become the most reposted image on this site.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Nope Sorcha Faal trumps Alex Jones everytime!

Not sure who it is basically just some random wind up merchant.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for free enterprise and the man selling his merch. That's his right. I was just making the note that a lot of "our kind" don't take to well for it. I don't like being sold things because most of the time I don't want to buy, but I recognize their right to try.

Also, I am willing to listen to him, but once he gets going into crazy land, I stop paying attention.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I find it amazing that on a conspiracy site, the most hated are some of leaders in exposing conspiracy; Makes you wonder how many PTB minions are on this site to deter good discusission on the news the MSM is told not to report.

Whether you like Alex or not, he provides a lot of information we need. Why can't the dis-information MSM lead as being hated on an Alternative News site?

Alex Jones does not lie about the data, some folks just don't like his opinion of the data, and his delivery.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Krzyzmo]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I don't really fully understand where all the hate comes from...It saddens me. His site is free for the audio..free...articles free....Yes you can/may/opt/decide/choose to give him money for a script or merchandise....Your choice. He from what I have seen has evidence/proof/documentation or it's in the news anyway..WTF is the issue?? I'm sorry I just see HATE for the man..No Back up besides....oh thats way out there...fringe of the fringe...What is that?

It truly may be as he says....and this is a sick tyranical world....

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Here is his latest video. Well made and informitive.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
He's okay. I don't believe everything he says, but I trust him as a more reliable and honest source of information than say, CNN or the BBC. He gets stick, undeservedly, I think, most of his information is usually well-sourced, though he doesn't do himself any favours by going on toddler tantrums, but that just shows he feels very passionately about what he's talking about. And… if he was just a nutcase, he wouldn't get respectable people speaking on his shows, like Monckton and Ron Paul and he makes regular appearances on Russia Today, too.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Nathan-D]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Id never heard of this guy until i saw this thread. just watched some of his videos on his youtube channel and i dont see where the hate comes from.

I noticed a lot of the issues on his videos and things he was saying were exactly the same as the majority of posts here i have seen here on ATS

i think the guy is alright and isnt afraid to say what he thinks and can probably reach a wider audience than most

i like him tbh

MooseVernel

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I have to admit I will listen or watch him from time to time and yes he puts a lot of facts out in the open but as for why some people dislike him I have know Idea
this is America if you dont like it change the dab blame channel its not like they are forcing anyone to listen or watch like some third world country's. Some folks raise cane about the way he makes his money and I say "SO'. Its not like any other works for free his staff has to eat to. Yes he sells his DVDs but he ask people to download an share for free. So I really dont see a problem with him and like I said "If you dont like it just change the channel"

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

if i had the chance to make some money by selling my own dvd's i would, and so would most other people. He makes money from doing something important that he obviously believes in. I make money by slaving away at a job i hate every day gaining no satisfaction and the only reason i do it is to feed my son, i know which option i would choose if i could..!!

personally i think the people who try to discredit him just let their personal dislike of him get in the way of things or they are disinfo agents. ....probably

Moosevernel

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Krzyzmo

The part in the video about Google street views has some truth to it some real estate brokers use it to do whats called a BPO on foreclosed properties to see what kind of conditions its in all bet the view is not current it still helps them make a fair market determination.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I stopped liking him because I caught him (or one of his writers) intentionally cutting off quotes mid sentence in order for them to fit his ideas. I remember there was an article on Infowars talking about the dangers of the new health care bill. They quoted a passage from the bill to state their point...BUT they cut it off half way. When I went to read it myself I saw that there was a entire passage left out that would have negated everything they were trying to claim. After that, I stopped going to his site for news.

ETA: Somebody please comment after me...I'm tired of being the "thread killa," Thanks.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Adillin2012]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join