It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire-breathing bartenders arrested, face 45 years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Fire-breathing bartenders arrested, face 45 years

www.washingtonexaminer.com< br />

Jimmy's Old Town Tavern owner Jimmy Cirrito said his bartenders have been entertaining his customers -- by juggling bottles of alcohol and spitting out streams of flames using matchbooks and lighters -- for more than a decade and no one's complained. But shortly after midnight on July 24, two of his longtime employees were hauled out of the Herndon bar in handcuffs and charged with three felonies each plus other misdemeanors
"They were being treated as if they were terrorists, charged as if they intentionally tried to burn down the tavern," Cirrito said.
Fairfax County fire investigators
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I think there is something completely wrong with those in charge of inforcing our laws.

They can't seem to use common sense judgement anymore. This reminds me of the police telling the girls at a lemonade stand that they couldn't sell lemonade without a business license.

This is getting down right scary, our government is full of idiots from the white house all the way down to our local civil servants.

www.washingtonexaminer.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Agreed.

Apparently age-old tradition and nightly/weekly practice Now equals Terrorist .. as long as SomeOne complains. :shk:

Pathetic.

Yet YouTube demonstrations of flaming flatulence garner not only viral views numbers and attentions but often ad revenues supporting the same.

Ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
What they were doing WAS dangerous - remember some of those awful nightclub fires that have killed so many?

BUT, that said, they could have informed them and warned them to stop and left it at that.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Everything is dangerous in some way or another. Drinking the water where i live is dangerous. Some of these people that have been put in a position of power really need to remove their head from their ass or have it forcibly done for them.

Our cage gets smaller every day....

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Driving is dangerous. Remember all those fatal car crashes? Seems to me that there is nothing to hold them on and a good attorney will make mincemeat out of the city. Personally I think they pissed someone off and the way things are now government officials think they can harass and intimidate any o fus.

Originally posted by hadriana
What they were doing WAS dangerous - remember some of those awful nightclub fires that have killed so many?

BUT, that said, they could have informed them and warned them to stop and left it at that.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Oh well, if the government had it's way, we would be all locked in a tiny rubber encased cubicle, helmet and safety body suit with oven style mitts for clothes.

Only let out to toil on the pyramid.

All hail the Pharaoh!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I know some cops and they're level headed people. They are trying to avoid trouble, keep things normal, not mess things up.

That mindset should be required for a cop, if it isn't already.

It's hard to believe cops would do something so stupid on their own.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Meanwhile, the thugs are allowed to roam the streets. We have a plethora of white-collar criminals stealing everything that isn't bolted down and in fact taking that which is. We also have drug cartels running amok, killing anyone who threatens a nickel of their money. We have petty criminals running everywhere, stealing what they can and assaulting whoever they please, yet the authorities sure do find the time to harass otherwise decent citizens.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This BETTER get tossed out of court!!
What a stupid stupid stupid piece of stupid!

Originally posted by hadriana

The hidenburg also happened, so no more blimps?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Must you turn everything into a drug realted discussion? We all know that the war on drugs is maybe the biggest hoax perpetrated on humanity today (after all drugs are the third biggest industry on earth, the second biggest if we do not separate illegal and legal drugs)

Common sense has left the building a long time ago, cases like described in the op demonstrates this clearly.

[edit on 8/18/2010 by above]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This is beyond any reasonable behavior from law enforcement.
At the very least a warning should have been given. Really?
It appears for some reason that this hard handed police behavior is becoming more prevalent the last year.
Is there a reason beyond the obvious ?

[edit on 18/8/10 by InCause]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by above
Must you turn everything into a drug realted discussion?

I honestly don't blame him, I just was going to mention how there's mass anarchy throughout govt. and only the people are criminals.

But I ALWAYS say that!!!

Then again it's so true and the first thing that pops up in my mind..

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Hey, Love your signature !!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This smells like one of his competitors might have local gov't's ear. And sent an anonymous letter. The fire marshalls were the ones whom had the bartenders arrested. They need to lose thier jobs immediatley. As a chef, alcohol is used in cooking and flair for a reason, when set to flame it generally burns out quickly. And can be extinguished easily if it catches something inadvertantly. I would think a fire marshall would know this.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
In the article it says someone sent a letter and a picture.
As a long time bar man I would say someone didn't get served, or got cut off, or refused service, entrance for some most likely valid reason.
This very often turns some people into retarded idiots.
Usually they just start swinging.

I've had more than a few people I've refused service to swing, then you put them outside without hurting them, or really doing what you would like to do them, then they get on the phone and call the police.

Then you go through the routine and when the police find out they're being had, then they haul the idiot away anyway.

I've also had a chief of police sit through a whole shift of exotic dancing shows, get hammered, and then when he was refused service for being impaired and sent home in a cab, return the next day to charge the bar with indecency charges....

Anyhow sounds like revenge to me for an imagined slight of some kind or other.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Might as well post the reply here as I did on the other thread

There is a reason why some laws are enacted...pyrotechnics in a crowded bar has proven not to be a great thing

they wont get 45 years, but I would bet once this legal mess is over, they wont be doing the fire act again.

incidently, 100 people died in that fire.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Comparing pyro to breathing fire is absurd.
secondline
wheres the other thread so I can point this out there too

PS Ive got my ticket, so I know.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Gott un Himmel! Der Homeland is Secure..
and the psyops cops are to be commended for their vigilance.
from the G20 traveling riot show-
orchestrated to impress upon you the power of these thugs.
to the checkpoints.. the "fishing trips" -pull you over for a taillight and go from there.
or you could always make a furtive move- and be shot to smithereens.
reasonable peace officers are in your old timey dreams..
these guys are ex military, aggressive, hyped up on steroids or energy drinks
and now with electronic torture devices..vunderbar!
the prison camps are open for business.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This crap is as STUPID as saying toy guns can be converted to fire real ammo....

Trust me, this has happened....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join