It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is time to be American first!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I am a historian. I have written, researched, and studied how empires rise and fall in the past. In most instances there are distinct parallel patterns. For example, I have written, for an empire to remain healthy it must breathe. In other words, an empire must always be in a state of rising or falling, gaining or losing. Whenever an empire enters a period of stagnation, the empire begins to die. In most cases the death of an empire can be almost instantaneous in relative time. It is my historical unbiased opinion the American empire has entered a period of stagnation for over the last 15 years. Democrats and Republicans in Washington act like little children who can’t agree on anything causing severe stagnation. If this continues the American empire will die. So you people on the left and you people on the right: YOU NEED TO GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR PERVERBAL …; well I suppose you can get what I am inferring.

Americans need to learn to be Americans first, liberal or conservative second! I have always thought this stagnation may have been at least in part promoted by those who have all the world power now. The biggest ten mult-national corporations have controlled a greater portion of the world’s wealth for about the same time; 15 years. These corporations are wealthier than most of the world’s governments. The de-industrialization of America was a robbery which seems to be uncannily accepted by most Americans. For the American empire to end its dying cries; unmovable discourse must end. It is time to be American first, conservative or liberal second. America needs to become an industrial giant once again, this will take patriotic commitment; not prideful stances of unmoving beliefs. In reality most Americans fall into that middle gray area between the lefties and righties, they seem to be so turned off by their bickering in most instances they just remain silent.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by AmosGraber]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmosGraber

Americans need to learn to be Americans first, liberal or conservative second! I have always thought this stagnation may have been at least in part promoted by those who have all the world power now. The biggest ten mult-national corporations have controlled a greater portion of the world’s wealth for about the same time; 15 years. These corporations are wealthier than most of the world’s governments.

Well said, Americans need to be Americans first, however most empires die from military overspending that is often needed to maintain an empire.

The empire is already on the death blow, due to arrangements that move the worlds reserve currency to the IMF. In addition to, ending control by the U.S./British of the worlds oil market. Oil is the largest commodity.

Multinational corporate control goes much further back than 15 years. The media has been controlled by corporate banks since the 1920's. They managed to keep the Federal Reserve out of the spotlight for 90 years.

The corporate banks have been in control of the U.S. Treasury, on and off, for the better part of 220 years.

All wars since the days of Napoleon have been funded, on both sides, by these same corporate banking families. War is the most profitable endeavor for banks.

Google Video Link

[edit on 18-8-2010 by zzombie]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AmosGraber

Can you please refer me to any of your writings please?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The right and the lefts sides fail to accomplish the perfect world, we understand this. BUT Americas biggest ENEMY of the two is without question the RIGHT side. If America wants to be a land that prospers and rises from the ashes, the RIGHT cannot be in control.

The right side has proven to be DISASTROUS to this nation every time they have been in control.

We need to keep out the BIGGEST Devil. And until a more appropriate party enters the arena, we MUST keep the right OUT of control if we wish to overcome the current situation.

The right side being in control now would be just like putting GASOLINE on a fire. Not good.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Multi-national corporations have been around since the Knights Templar. The only way to counter their effect is local government is through tariffs. Obviously our leaders have been sold out and our culture views protectionism as bad.

I think it might be too late.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Well said, great videos, the only thing I could add is these small ivory tower groups, such as the Bilderberg Group and others are also in direct current involvement in monopolizing all the media outlets.

Have you ever read Isaac Asimov's "Foundation Series" books? The premise in the books is they can mathematically predict the responses of masses of people through economic, social and cultural equations. Sometimes, I fear these powers that be have somehow perfected and are involved in promoting Asimov's idea.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

If you like to send me your email I could send you papers I have written on various historical subjects. My expertise is in Southwestern American history. However, I have a great interest and have written many papers on the effects of British colonialism upon the modern world. A paper which won me an award while attending Indiana University was centered on the rise and fall of the Ottoman Empire. Just let me know what kind of history your interested in, and I’ll let you know if I have researched and written about that topic.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

Sometimes I feel the same way. One thing I found out about studying history in an academic concentration you have to resist being pessimistic, I try real hard to be optimistic, I have two grandchildren I can only hope the world will somehow be a better place than what the study of history has taught me in the direction human society seems to be heading towards.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baloney
The right and the lefts sides fail to accomplish the perfect world, we understand this. BUT Americas biggest ENEMY of the two is without question the RIGHT side. If America wants to be a land that prospers and rises from the ashes, the RIGHT cannot be in control.

The right side has proven to be DISASTROUS to this nation every time they have been in control.

We need to keep out the BIGGEST Devil. And until a more appropriate party enters the arena, we MUST keep the right OUT of control if we wish to overcome the current situation.

The right side being in control now would be just like putting GASOLINE on a fire. Not good.

Perhaps you might want to consider rereading the OP'S message.
You have just engaged in the type of prejudicial rhetoric that divides
the power of a people who lay first claim to being Americans.

top topics

join