It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share Your True Happiness Story :) It Makes All the Difference To Others :)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
but i suppose there would be no positive without negative
[edit on 18-8-2010 by Free4Ever2]

Yeah thats for sure!

When i think about my life and about positive and negative influences (more they arent) i see the scale very well balanced. you can think of your own how the neg side looks...

BUT i have always the opinion, if we wouldnt always look on the problems and negative things they would quickly disappear...

Some might think this is an ignorant or childy way to look on things BUT i know that isnt the case! I try all i can do to help others on every scale and i KNOW that if we all would show more love and respect to humans, animals nature and environment, many problems could be solved!

How many of you ever thought about to help in developing countries? I didnt even have to think about, i did! How many think that love cannont heal our hurtings? I didnt even have to think about, i did! How many believe in a higher being like "the lord" and realize there are some wrong intentions in YOUR HOLY BOOK? I didnt even have to think about, i did! How many refused to be a stupid death machine for government and went into wars?? I didnt even have to think about, i did!How many did refuse to be part of this cr@ppy system and wor/pay for it? I didnt even have to think about, i did!

Oh and by the way i am 24...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
the happiest moment of my life was in a dream. nukes were going off everywhere, volcano bursting out under my feet as i climb to try and get away from the lava spewing out. i told myself this it it, it finally happened and smile as the world around me fell apart. the worst time in my life was when i woke up from this dream. you can't imagine my disappointment as i looked at the alarm clock and it was 6am, peaceful.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by DOADOA]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well as a preface, I've gone through a heart breaking divorce. BUT, in that marriage that had love, we made 4 beautiful children....I could write a novel on all the moments they have given me this past year, but one stands in my mind and makes me tear up.

The movie Diary of Wimpy Kid was out and I took the 4 of them to see it. That week they had a diary at the store that kids could personalize and make their own, like the boy in the movie. SO, I got 4. One for each angel. Each had a picture on the front of them and on the back cover, a note from their Papi.

I was at their house out back in the sun, eating...my youngest daughter who has blossomed so beautifully, reads what I wrote to her in the book out loud to me.
"I will always be there for you and I will always love you...love Papi."

The tears poured out of my eyes with no warning. The kicker, when I see her reading it, she peeks over at me and she gives me this smile...this little tear runs down her cheek..as if to say, Papi, I know...things happen and I'm always going to be your daughter. That moment lit my heart like no other. I've had others with my babies...geez, I call them babies but 9,7,6,4 is not baby, but to me? They always will be....my babies....my angels. I see them once a week right now, so if people who believe in prayer or the power of positive thought, put me in your thoughts so I may see them more...

Thank you all for taking the time to read this post and thanks to the OP for a great thread!!!! So tired of gloom and doom and people arguing over things that define us as people. Take care...GOD BLESS...PEACE....OM.....

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
Fate has its tricky ways of throwing the unexpected in your way! But i know you can work through them. i know you are strong enough.I know you have a heart of gold and a mind of steel! I will never regret! I will live my life! This world is amazing with so much beauty in it! Look for it! Live it!

I have met have so many amazing people in my life and i am truly grateful for that! We all have moments that feel like they last forever! Thats what makes them amazing! Never forget them, let them into your life! I today have had an amazing feeling of bliss and i want to share that with you all! So im sending my good feelings out to you!

I would love to hear of a time from each and every one of you that made you feeel truly happy! So go on, tell me, tell the world! Spread the happiness and let the bad know it wont get you down. Your all amazing and beautiful! Your all in my heart. Your all YOU! My smiles are for you all!!!!! xxxx

edit to change title from " Tell me " to " Share " as it seems more appropriate

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Geez, I can't stand people that stop to pick and smell daisies when the world is blowing up around them.

Government is stealing from you.......tell me a happy story.

Government is creating a Hell for your children.....but wouldn't you love to hear a story about bunnies running through tulips?

Here's a nice story for you:

The government has taken all yours and my money, and then the Banks have taken all the rest, and then the government paid the banks for a job well done.
The government has outsourced all of our jobs and made the tax payers foot the bill.
The government has killed thousands of our troops? TROOPS? Hell no these were sons and daughters, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters. AMERICANS!
....and Barak sends a few more.
They are poisoning our water and food supplies so that we will die slow painful deaths and our children will too.
They furthur poison us with innoculations of designer diseases created by the World Health Organization, no doubt, so that our children in the future won't be able to propagate.
They fly UFO's over our heads all day (that they have been working on since the end of WW2) trying to convince us of alien agenda in preparation of a future alien attack on mankind, which will actually be the NWO government staging this so that we will think there's an alien attack and agree to join AS ONE WORLD....to further the NWO slavery agenda and be willing participants.
They create programs upon programs such as "codex alimentarius" to usurp our food, drug, vitamin and water supplies and then they will soon tell us we can't grow crops or even harvest rainwater legally and that we will have to eat THEIR tired old poisonous trash.......they will say it's healthy for us. Farmers everywhere have already lost their jobs.
They are letting mexicans swarm our country and take our jobs and this is a set up to create a European Union type region for the western hemisphere called, possibly the NAU or North American Union. Now we all know this stuff already,.....but this is what really happens in the world today. Stop smelling the roses and get ready for what's really coming. That's the problem with Amerca today as it is. Anytime we have seen danger in the past or even now, all manners of evil, we turn our face from it and run like cowards! We try to create a fantasy world of green yards with picket fences because while WE were asleep in the past, the government was the ones living the American Dream.....a dream of destroying America and all of us in it that don't agree to New World Slavery. We stop and tell pretty stories and try to find good.....in a world of nothing but evil. Everything and more that I have just described above is reality............now, get some sleep children.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
A great thread... unfortunately my life has only had one truely brilliant moment that lasted... the rest were either false hopes or ripped away from me by jealous evil people. Still I should not be here. I survived Meningitus at the age of about 2 weeks old and I had about 10 minutes left to live and a priest was going to read me my last rights but my mother refused and said that I'm going to live. They gave me a booster shot which they didn't know if it would cure me or kill me... I spent weeks in hospital as my parents never left my side... I guess maybe my luck was all used in that as since that moment I don't think I've had a really brilliant moment that has lasted for a peroid of time.

I will keep fighting though... I owe it to my parents to do at least that.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is by far what we needed to see here amongst all the hate threads.

As I write this, Iam on the verge of beginning a new phase in my life.
I have never been so happy or so positive.
Those that have known me for years here, are aware of my past trials in life.
Those that know me in real life..say they have never seen me smile so much.
I found the perfect one to share my life with.
He is everything I hoped and dreamed for.
He wants the same in life that I do.
We both want to spend as much time with the kids as we do together. We both want to travel, and have already started that.
We just got a wonderful new home, in a new place, and are starting over, leaving the horrid past we both have behind us.
For the first time..ever..I have faith that I not only CAN be happy..but I DESERVE to be happy.
And above all..I can finally be and do, what I have always wanted.
luv you babe...
xxxx

[edit on 18-8-2010 by AccessDenied]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I know this doesn't amount to much of a story, but my happiest moments have always come accompanied by an act of creation - musical primarily. To learn, create and evolve from our hearts and imaginations is truly a beautiful thing. When I can reach into the void and let music be created through me I am always connected with my true self and therefore truly happy.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
From here to eternity. My true happiness story. Breaking the mold, finding within myself all that we seek. There has never been another day like it to me. Details are overrated haha.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

Good idea ! S&F.

My wife - well, ex now - had lost our first baby boy. Eight months. Umbilical cord wrapped around his neck. She had to give birth, naturally, to our dead son. Traumatic to say the least. A year passed by before I finally convinced her to try again.

Tough pregnancy but we finally had our first baby boy. So much magic. This has been the first true happiest moment in my life. A gift of life. Words cannot describe the feeling I felt that day.

But it happened yet again. When our second son was born...

Now they are adults, my pride and joy. And I still feel as blessed as the day they were born.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I really cant thank you all enough for sharing your storys with me and everyone else
My heart is with you all and my smiles are for you all! I appreciate so much that you all have had the courage to tell us your story of true happiness! If anything you have made a difference to my life! For that i must thank you again
Your all amazing
xx

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Lets get this on the front page so that everyone has the chance to share a true happiness story with everyone here
Im not sure what it takes to make the front page to be honest, i want everyone to feel the happiness ive felt from reading this thread !

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

It's you who should be thanked. I've personally been in a touch of a slump lately and reading your thread and the replies has me feeling like some self-evaluation and re-adjustment is in order (for myself of course). Sometimes it's hard to remember that happiness is the objective of life - not "success" through control, power and money. If you don't like something, change it - right? I'm sitting in one of those moments and am trying to embrace the chaos and trust it - with a little help from reading stuff like this. Thank-you again! *high five*

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Most welcome my brother from another mothership

I'm with you. let's take this baby front page!!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'll have to get back to U on that.
It's a work in progress.....
A wheel in motion,
hopefully
headed
in
the
right
^direction^

As "Rolling down a River" with no need for an Oar.....
the hard knocks as scars of imperfection cast upon a ship of one's' Discovery. If this sounds strange, you are probably right. If it sounds good, you are probably right. You know what I mean.

I don't prefer the company of certain folks either.
You know what I mean.
though I don't cast the first stone.
nor sat on a throne.

All one really possesses is themsElf.
The rest is all decor and detour.....

A Crown is a personal achievement.
The achievement of Being what you, how you were designed to be.
Out here.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
In regards to having this thread on the front-page, that's actually how I found it. Wasn't sure if you were aware - but it seems to be there - correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Seleras

Your not wrong at all my friend

Thank you all for letting this get to the front page
it means alot to me that so many have shared there stories
It makes such a difference to not only my life but im sure alot of other peoples lives
Once again i thank you
Your all amazing
Keep the true happiness stories coming

Peace and love

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
haha, sorry to derail for a moment. but I keep hearing the song by the band Cold playing as I return to this forum each time. The song, "End of the World."

Anyhow. peAce & love

Where are all these phenomenal stories at??? C'mon, everybody has at least got ONE. haha

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing your story, and thank you for starting this thread. It really is nice to always see something positive on the front page every once in a while, and I commend those who have the courage to start a happy/positive thread which usually goes against the norm here on ATS.

As for me, I have many happy moments in my life and I cannot complain. However, those that stand out are often with me fiancée. I think some of the best times are when we are so silly, and just say silly things because together, we are completely comfortable acting that way, because if we acted that way around other people, they would think we are so strange. It's nice to share something like that together, to just be silly and not even worry about it, knowing that the other person loves you no matter what and that you can just be "you". My other favourite moments are when we tickle each other and laugh so hard until we can't breathe, and then we are all sweaty and giggly after. I thank God each day for the amazing people in my life, but my fiancée has been something else to say the least. I can't wait to get married!

I'm glad to hear other people have happy stories too!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The birth of my children. Nothing ever made me happier.

Shout out to my babies!!!! Although, they are not babies anymore. One is married with kids. But she's still my baby girl.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well first let me start by stating that I have never really been close to my family except my older sister. Well growing up I was never in the typical happy home. There was a lot of anger, bitterness, and sometimes violence. I do not know any of my extended family beyond my mothers siblings. I do not know my father or any of his family.
Well I have been married for the last 4 years to a wonderful man. When I first met his family I was nervous because I am white and he is Ethiopian and they do not normally date nevertheless marry outside their culture.
Well 2 months his cousin had a baby. We visit his cousins constantly (they are his only family in the states). Well after the baby was born we went to his cousins house to visit. When I walked into her room she said to her baby a nd to me...'Do you want your Auntie to hold you?' This may seem silly but it made me feel all warm and fuzzy. I almost cried. I finally felt like I was apart of their family and that I had been fully accepted. It still makes me smile to think about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join