It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Signs the U.S. Is Becoming a Third-World Country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The United States by every measure is hanging on by a thread to its First World status. Saddled by debt, engaged in wars on multiple fronts with a rising police state at home, declining economic productivity, and wild currency fluctuations all threaten America's future.

SNIP

1. Rising unemployment and poverty: Unemployment numbers, food stamps, and home foreclosures continue to reach new record highs. The ugly reality of those numbers was recently on display when 30,000 people showed up to apply for public housing in East Point, GA for 455 available vouchers. Fights broke out, people were fainting from the heat while in line, and riot police showed up to handle the angry poor.

Source

The other signs are:

2. Economic dependence
3. Declining civil rights
4. Increasing political corruption
5. Military patrolling the streets
6. Failing infrastructure
7. Disappearing middle class
8. Devalued currency
9. Controlling the media
10. Capital controls

It's a really good article, click on the link above to read it in full.

Bye-bye, America as we knew it.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by sylvie]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Great article. I'm glad I don't live in America. I guess even the mighty will fall good luck to all you America.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Buy guns and ammo. I'm currently trying to get my hands on an ak-74 with about a 1000 rounds of 5.45x39.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
And here we are pouring our money on other countries problems, screw the world when has anyone helped us out? Help us we're flooding, Help us there was an earthquake, give us food we're starving, give us medicine were sick and dying, oh no a tsunami...It's ok the US will pay to prop you up time after time. God forbid someone helps the US...this planet is so full of #. Im not defending all the evil the US government does but come on people extend a hand to your brother man as we do time after time again. 75% the people we feed and clothe hate us but are so eager for there hand out. We need to go back into isolation and keep our food, medicine and money to ourselves.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

I think this is happening world wide,

it will eventually effect the whole planet.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Scrap the 74 get a 47 or even an sks..while 7.62x39 cost a little more but A. It's way more potent and B. It's very very abundant not many people have 5.45 laying around.Gotta think when those 1000 rounds run out your gonna need more good luck finding 5.45

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
They also happen to be the 10 signs of fascism or totalitarianism.

Pick your favorite flavor - Demagoguery or Republifascist?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
And here we are pouring our money on other countries problems, screw the world when has anyone helped us out? Help us we're flooding, Help us there was an earthquake, give us food we're starving, give us medicine were sick and dying, oh no a tsunami...It's ok the US will pay to prop you up time after time. God forbid someone helps the US...this planet is so full of #. Im not defending all the evil the US government does but come on people extend a hand to your brother man as we do time after time again. 75% the people we feed and clothe hate us but are so eager for there hand out. We need to go back into isolation and keep our food, medicine and money to ourselves.

WTF? The world has been feeding us! With our wars, we prospered, killing others to survive, grow and grow fat until we cannot even move.

Grow some conscience and learn to truly work. Get off your a...s and work like the rest of the world does.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Scrap the 74 get a 47 or even an sks..while 7.62x39 cost a little more but A. It's way more potent and B. It's very very abundant not many people have 5.45 laying around.Gotta think when those 1000 rounds run out your gonna need more good luck finding 5.45

Guns will only exacerbate your problems. What you need is work and food, not guns.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by America?
Buy guns and ammo. I'm currently trying to get my hands on an ak-74 with about a 1000 rounds of 5.45x39.

Yet another blind fool.

Will guns feed you for how long?

A bigger gun will get you.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Bush refused International aid after Katrina (no damn Cuban doctors!)

Obama refused the same after the Deepwater Horizon melted into the GOM.

Many parts of the world opened their doors to our military after 9/11 thinking we were actually after the people who did it.

The rest of the world probably shouldn't help the US and just let us die a natural death. For all the "good" we do in the world we seem to do an even greater amount of damage through wars and disaster capitalism.
The Marshall plan was a long, long time ago.

new topics

top topics

join