It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems may use food stamp money to pay for Michelle Obama's nutrition initiative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Democrats who reluctantly slashed a food stamp program to fund a state aid bill may have to do so again to pay for a top priority of first lady Michelle Obama.

The House will soon consider an $8 billion child nutrition bill that’s at the center of the first lady’s “Let’s Move” initiative. Before leaving for the summer recess, the Senate passed a smaller version of the legislation that is paid for by trimming the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as food stamps.

Democrats reluctantly slashed a food stamp program, you read that right?
So, don't just go out and start Blaming the Republican's.

The proposed cuts would come on top of a 13.6 percent food stamp reduction in the $26 billion Medicaid and education state funding bill that President Obama signed this week.
Food stamps have made multiple appearances on the fiscal chopping block because Democrats have few other places to turn to offset the cost of legislation.

Offset The Cost of Legislation and Why Do You Ask, Do They Need To Offset The Cost, Well Here Comes Your Answer and You Obama Supporters Aren't Going To Like It or Are You....

Party leaders raided the budget to find off-setting tax increases and spending cuts to pay for their top legislative priorities, including the roughly $900 billion health-care law. Congressional pay-as-you-go rules require lawmakers to offset all non-emergency spending.

Yes, you read it right, $900 billion health-care law.

Source: thehill.com...

OR: www.drudgereport.com...
House to cut food stamps to fund Mrs. Obama's 'let's move' initiative...

MODS: If in the wrong Thread Please Move. thank You

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So, I'm guess this is Nutritious and Healthy under Mrs. Obama Heath Care or is she just being a Bigot, Do what you're Told and Not as I Do.[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bedc3c29bc56.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 15-8-2010 by guohua]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

its the do as i say not as i do....................

"americans are fat" " lets cut food stamps!!!!!!!!!!!"

i cant wait to see dems get kicked out..

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

neo96, I agree, I can't wait either, the problem is, 2012 is not coming soon enough.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

agreed man but at least the damage mr obama can do can be mitigated to a certain extent.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
So, I'm guess this is Nutritious and Healthy under Mrs. Obama Heath Care or is she just being a Bigot, Do what you're Told and Not as I Do.

So she is a BIGOT because she is having an ice cream sundae???

No matter how much of a health enthusiast some of us may be, every once in a while we all may fall for the temptation of an ice cream sundae.

Thats your classification of a BIGOT?

You've been watching Fox news a lot lately???

Edit: typo

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Baloney]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well that didn't take long. I thought this thread would at least make it to the second page before Fox got blamed for something.

Back on topic, of course they're cutting food stamps for this. Just like they're cutting medicare/medicaid for the health care bill. Much easier to cut funding than to actually weed out the people who take advantage of the system and/or leech off it for years instead of getting off their butts and doing something with their lives. Excellent timing too since people still are getting laid off and/or can't find a job because the economy is in the toilet. I find that the midst of financial crises are the best times to spend more money on redundant programs.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by guohua

agreed man but at least the damage mr obama can do can be mitigated to a certain extent.

neo96, Again you're right, With all the damage he and his cronies have done.
It is amazing he has any supporters left, most of the democrats running for Office don't want him any where near them, Look at all the supporters he's stabbed in the back. The Gay Community, Hell, I really don't care if they marry or not, HEY, if they want to pay Alimony and Child Support when they divorce that's for them to decide. We're still in both war zones, he didn't bring home our troops, more bail outs coming at the tax payers expense and how about the small business person and their tax rate?
That's just a few.
I know of no Transparency in our Government and I didn't see the Health Care debates on CSPAN, did you?

This POTUS is a Complete Disgrace.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

if the gop takes over congress and thats a big if the gop will have to take a radical turn to real centrists policies.

and then get ready for the non stop ferocity of the left wing msm attacking gops for the next 2 years.

and if the left wing base solidifies in 2012 were back to right where we started with more of the same.

potus- lol i knew that years ago shame more people didnt realize that before election

[edit on 15-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

YES, She Is A BIGOT, I've seen her statements about Fat People and Fat Children and what needs to be done about it.

I have not watched T. V. in 15 years, I read many, many news out lets and decide. I'm Not A Fox News Hater or a MSNBC Hater, But Then Again, I'm Not a Blatant Liberal, Obama Follower either nor a Republican, I do whats best for me and my family and what we like to do, not what some, I Just Got Famous, Now All You Little People Must Do As I Say And Listen To Me.

You tell the American People what's Best For Them In Your Mind and You Do The Opposite, Yes, That's a Bigot.

Do I as an Ex Smoker give in to the Temptation Of A Marlboro Red when I smell one, NO!
Do I as an Ex Heavy Drinker give in to the Temptation Of A Shot Of Whiskey, NO!

So, if your health congest about a weight problem for your child or yourself, I think you'd pass on the Ice-Cream.

I mean, Come On, Their Cutting Food Stamps to Help Pay For Obama-Care.

Edit for Spelling.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'd like to know exactly what Michelle Obama's nutrition initiative is.

Almost all foods in the United states are fulled with hormones, pesticides and other harmful chemicals.

Two recent threads that talk about these things are:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Canada & US Have The Most Dangerous Food in the World ( Lots of details here)

and

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Senate bill makes it illegal to grow, share, trade or sell homegrown food.

What is Mrs Obama going to do to those foods to make them safe? Make the FDA remove these harmful additives that is killing Americans daily?

Just exactly what is her definition of "nutrition" ?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

JohnPhoenix, Those two thread you mentioned have really great information in them, and the Queen mrs obama needs to read them both.

Exactly what is her definition of "nutrition" you ask.
What ever POPS into her head that day.

What does she really know about nutrition? What are her credentials.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I like the idea of cutting welfare and foodstamps. Here in Michigan there's jus too few of us working to pay the bills. Everybody needs to sacrifice a bit.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I thought she wanted them to just eat cake?

I guess it would be to much for them to cut the money from their salaries or pet pork projects to pay for it?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
What a great idea! Let's starve them first, then let Obamacare treat them for malnutrition. Biafra redux, anyone?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baloney

Originally posted by guohua
So, I'm guess this is Nutritious and Healthy under Mrs. Obama Heath Care or is she just being a Bigot, Do what you're Told and Not as I Do.

So she is a BIGOT because she is having an ice cream sundae???

No matter how much of a health enthusiast some of us may be, every once in a while we all may fall for the temptation of an ice cream sundae.

Thats your classification of a BIGOT?

You've been watching Fox news a lot lately???

Edit: typo

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Baloney]

The OP may have used the wrong word in "bigot".

I believe the correct word should have been "hypocrite".

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

centurion1211, My friend. Again I think you're correct in that reply.
"Hypocrite", Yes, That's the word, She is a Hypocrite, I think most people agree but their to afraid to admit it here.

I was probably thinking of the word Hypocrite, But wrote Bigot, You know when you get really old and have those damn brain farts and all

top topics

join