It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa hiding recent "Spirit" images at the hills? (Pics posted on day 8)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I've been tuning into the rover mission since the begining almost every single day. Up to now all images have been pretty much uploaded for view withen a day. Now all of a sudden its day 164, Spirit is at the "hills", and no updates in 4 days now working on the 5th day...

Wouldnt it be awesome if just maybe they found something and are deciding when and how to announce it?

I duno but there is definately a delay in images from spirit that I have not noticed before.

Can anyone else, who has followed the images closely, confirm the unusual delay?

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

X

Changing name and adding updates to title as the days pass

[edit on 21-6-2004 by Xeven]

[edit on 22-6-2004 by Xeven]

[edit on 26-6-2004 by Xeven]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There does seem to be a lull in images, but there has been other lulls before. I'd give it another day, perhaps two before suspecting something is up

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It looks like they've just posted some images from the front Hazcam, that seem to show a glimpse beyond the hill. Images from Sol160 (19th?)

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

According to the NASA website.

Spirit began performing activities requested by the science team during Sol 161. Those images and other data are currently being sent back to Earth for posting on Sol 162. Any data not transmitted on Sol 162 will be stored onboard the rover and sent on subsequent days during the next possible communications opportunities. (Black spaces typically mean partial data has arrived, but Spirit will fill in the rest of the data as soon as possible). Stay tuned!

So we may see something from the top early next week.

It's a modern variation on the instinct that's driven exploration since the beginning.... "What's over the other side of that hill?"

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Those were up on day 160. Now a full 5 day delay working on 6.....! either they are growing less interested in keeping the site up to date or something is brewing? I smell press conference soon. Can wish can't we!

X

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by leejones
is this up to date i www.enterprisemission.com... hope so

This stroy and website really has nothing to do with this post about a delay in Spirit's images. I for one think the enterprise mission site is like junk mail or spam...
heh

Day 7 and counting
X

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I think the Spirit is the one that started having a wheel problem.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Well, Spirit mission text updates haven't even been made since sol 159. And the last press release concerning Spirit that I know of was on June 9th after it found a lot higher salt concentrations than expected in that trench it dug.

It looks like they would at least state why all of a sudden there is a full week of no pics or mission updates.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
While no explanation for the absence of information or images was given, there was a video flight director update indicating that day 165 they were having trouble getting spirit positioned to use the arm on a rock called "pot of gold" due to 15-20 degree tilt on the hillside.

Mars Rover Flight Director Video 21 June

X

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Someone remembered to update web images on day 8!. No conspiracy here I guess.. move along..

X

new topics

top topics

join