It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack the Ripper/Masonic connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Ok guys I found this article and tried searching ATS to see if the guys (and girl
) I am directing this toward - ML, Alex, Khonsu, JCM, DTOM, Leveller - had already discussed it, but I couldn't find anything. ML you are the historian, so hit me with your best shot here. Does this theory hold any water whatsoever? What about this Knight fellow? Anyone care to contribute $.02? Here is the link to the story I read. Thanks for your time gentlemen (and lady)

www.conspiracyarchive.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's utter nonsense.
I'm a Brit and Jack the Ripper is a part of our history that has interested me. The conspiracy theory that he was a Freemason is just another nasty little attack on the Order.

From Hell was written by a Science Fiction comic writer who is a self styled magician. He freely admits that it was a work of fiction and yet so many people have taken the theory and run with it, adapted it and treated it as it was fact.

There are many theories on who Jack the Ripper actually was - from royalty to common street thug. Many names have been pulled out of the hat, and some of them (like James Maybrick) are presented with a lot more evidence than the provided link.
There isn't one bit of evidence there!!! It's just suppostion after supposition, treated as fact. Name me another body or group which you could insult without so much as one peice of evidence as is done on that page. Anyone else would be up in arms and probably taking recourse to legal action. I guess masonry doesn't bother because it would be expected that most people would recognise it for the dross that it is.

It should be noticed that the link provided is a conspiracy site itself and anything on that page has to be treated with a pinch of salt.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
James Maybrick? It is most likely that the Maybrick Diary is a hoax.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I agree with you. But the point is that it is a far more convincing theory of many than "the masons did it".

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
ML you are the historian, so hit me with your best shot here. Does this theory hold any water whatsoever? What about this Knight fellow? Anyone care to contribute $.02? Here is the link to the story I read. Thanks for your time gentlemen (and lady)

The identity of Jack the Ripper has never been discovered. Knight�s book was an absurd piece of propaganda, in which he wished to �prove� that the killer was a Mason, while ignoring evidence that didn�t conform to his belief. This is the tactic of practically all conspiracy theorists.

A good resource on the Ripper slayings and its supposed connection to Freemasonry can be read at:

www.casebook.org...

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Good stuff, thanks ML. That Knight character sounds like a real fruitcake. Thanks for the info as usual it was exactly what I was looking for.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
It should be noticed that the link provided is a conspiracy site itself and anything on that page has to be treated with a pinch of salt.

So I guess then you probably aren't too fond of Alex Jones, eh? http:\\www.infowars.com

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Heh. You're right. I'm not a big fan.

top topics

join