It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts about the end of duality and free will. :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Howdy everybody! Well I thought I'd make a little thread about how duality ending does NOT impede on our free will. (I've had a few beers, so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors. :lol
When discussing these new age prophecies of a "Golden Age," 2012, etc. I notice most people have serious beef with free will and the end of duality or "Ascension." This thread will attempt to prove that duality has served it's purpose, the end of it will be a great victory for us peaceful people's, and our collective free will won't be violated.

Since the beginning of our recorded history, duality has been present. Everyones actions have been carried out in reaction to two very different feelings. These core feelings/experiences are love and fear. Love, generosity, caring, giving, forgiveness, etc. And fear, hatred, jealousy, envy, violence etc. The ying and yang so to speak.

Some new ager's and spiritual guru's believe that eventually after 2012 their grand prophecy of unconditional love will unfold and the Earth and all her resident's will be ushered into the Golden Age. Duality will fade away, and only love filled beings will inherit the Earth. Sounds great to me, but there are conflicting issues associated with such a place. Free will... We've always had the choice to do things one way or the other. Actions that either have positive or negative effects. I believe the only way we'll ever live in this Golden Age is through the evolution of our collective consciousness. I think duality has been present on this planet due to our actions. It's quite simple. Duality is a lesson, that has been experienced, but has not been fulled learned. Until we realize that we don't have to hurt each other, and that we no longer want to experience suffering, fear, etc. duality will continue to exist. Not experiencing duality and its horrible and wonderful moments will have to be a collective decision. Some believe that duality will naturally fade away, as we continue to receive more and more energy from the sun. Or as our vibration continues to increase, negative thinking and actions will eventually fade away from our world. I don't have a clue to if duality will ever end, but if it does, I believe it will have to be a decision we all make together. United as one people we will say "No thanks, we've had enough!" to everything that makes hell of life on Earth.

How something as crazy as a completely positive society sounds, I think it is very do-able. I would love and cherish a world where you never had to feel fear, where you never had to experience violence or lack of basic necessities. A world where everyone had enough of everything, and were able to pursuit their dreams... free from the clutches of tyranny and scarcity. Nothing is impossible people, always remember that.

I'll finish this thread with one of my favorite quotes by Albert Einstein that complements this thread's craziness! Haha!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

Love & Peace to all. I mean it!

-Omni

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
It would be great if the illusion of duality ceased, it is only our false belief that is holding us back.
It is said that when the two become one there will be peace. The story of Noah and his ark says the animals came 2 by 2.
Einstien said imagination is more important than knowledge. To me this is weird, imagination is in the realm of 'whats not happening'. In non-duality there is just 'this'-what is happening, without interpretation. That is one, just this that is happening.
If one uses the imagination to make a untrue story of any kind, this is duality. This plus more makes more than one.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Hello Itisnowagain, thank you for your reply. Ah I agree, if only duality ceased to exist... however I do believe eventually it will cease to be. Either slowly or overnight, I really could care less.. as long as we change the way we act and treat each other!

Love & Peace!

-Omni

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
It would be nice if we could get beyond duality but sadly I don't see it happening in any of our lifetimes.

"Love, peace, and harmony, oh, very nice, very nice...maybe in the next world, maybe in the next world..."

I think the best hope is work towards achieving inner freedom on an individual level and find others who feel the same. That's all I can hope for for now. Maybe the young whippersnappers in the rising generations can make the quantum leap and I wish them all the best, but what I know of history and human nature makes me feel less than positive about this particular goal.

A good thing to remember...we don't have to be perfect, we just have to be "good enough." If more people concentrated on truly being "good enough" instead of shooting for perfection, maybe things really would be "good enough." Just something to chew on...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Do we really need the whole world to be non-dual? Or do we just want the suffering to stop in our experience?
We all want a better life, we are driven by this. But do we need the rest of them (the world), to change.
It is the fact that we believe there is a world (them) and me that makes the dual state. Me + anything makes two.
All that is needed is that you forget the self, it is an illusion anyway.
Dual=This + me.
Non-dual=This.
This=All of it.

Check out Tony Parsons The open secret.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Here's another left field offering from me

I perceive Duality as only an Experience being had by Souls choosing this "realm of existence". It's as if Duality is one of the mechanics or agreements we chose for this experience.

My own explorations into 'other realms of awareness' has shown me that Duality does not exist of itself outside of the limited areas currently employing it for experience. So at what we can call a Soul level of awareness it simply does not exist.

So to move into non-duality would require a majority of people to Awaken to their own higher awareness as Soul.. which is what the New Age Industry is pushing as fact for 2012.. calling it Ascension. Pfft.. they don't understand something very important.

What? Well, the little portion of Soul that currently animates your body 'ascends' naturally from this dense vibration when it decides it has had enough experience of Earth and chooses then to move onto other worlds offering different experience.

It also did this ascension thing before choosing/volunteering to come Here for the Experiences on offer. So in effect we are all Ascended Beings already, we only forgot this about ourselves so we could have this Earthly experience.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Hey your post is very similar to my post about duality.

I said in my post something like....duality gives us the opportunity of freedom to experience and choose either one side or the other... like yes/no, exist/not exist, right/wrong etc etc blah blah blah. Get the drift..

I think, in a non dual world, you would not have freedom to choose as there is no choice. Is is similar to what you are thinking?

[edit on 18-8-2010 by saabacura]

top topics

join