It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion Responsible for War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Humans, as individuals, are selfish, dominating and evil at heart. Nations are made up of people.

I'd suggest the desire to build empires and control large parts of the world has caused more wars.

I don't believe this is true. Go to the South in the US. People are as nice as the come. There are so many nice people in this world. Humans are not selfish, dominating and evil. I would give my life for someone else you want to know why? because I care. I want to see my species survive.

Look at Gorrilas, Chimps, and Orangutans. I've never heard of whole "tribes"(herds whatever they are called) attacking each other. Yes the Alpha males may have a brawl or two males may fight for a female but he will not involve his young and his family into the mix. This is like looking at humans without all the social crap involved. We descended from apes and they are very geneticly similar. I'm not saying it's a perfect example but it's a dang good one.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I live in the South, have been over a lot of this country and have enjoyed several years' worth of beer drinking in Germany and France, and it doesn't make a difference where you go, people are people, and people will do mean and selfish things. Let one get an ego problem and be in charge of a country and there you go!

I totally disagree we came from apes, as the Bible clearly states we were created in "their image"and not allowed to evolve from anything else, but if we did evolve, I would suggest we evolved from chimps. Violent little creatures that will war just like us. Good thing they don't have nukes, elsewise you and I would not need a nightlite!

[Edited on 20-6-2004 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Man With Chicken ... Only a giant such as ThomasCrowne could disabuse him of notions...

Translation as requested by Netchicken, elsewhere:

1. The topic originator makes statements of significance.
2. Perhaps ThomasCrowne could offer an alternative opinion - otherwise the audience could be left believing that religions are bad and that they cause wars.

Lo and behold, he did - and he thought I was at the time being punished in a traditional Islamic way, because he could not make sense of my remarks!

But I am left in part believing that religions are bad and that they cause wars (how easy it is to bribe people with reward and punishment in the afterlife, and to strike fear of this or that god into their hearts in order to control them). It seems I used TC's name in vain, and he spoke from the mountaintop, but I did not believe him, and we should not fight any war in the name of any god.

And so it goes.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

I totally disagree we came from apes, as the Bible clearly states we were created in "their image"and not allowed to evolve from anything else, but if we did evolve, I would suggest we evolved from chimps. Violent little creatures that will war just like us. Good thing they don't have nukes, elsewise you and I would not need a nightlite!

[Edited on 20-6-2004 by Thomas Crowne]

We did evolve from Chimps. And they are Apes. So we did evolve from apes. and Since I don't believe in the Bible I believe we did evolve because there is so much evidence suggesting it.

I looked it up and Chimps do have war like behavior. So I was mistaken but that still doesn't change anything. We Still have the compassion for human beings. It's the social aspect and the religion which interfere with our preception. Without religion there would be no discriminating. Religions teach kids that if someone doesn't really believe in their religion they are bad. At least the Christians do. I've been told by many I am going to hell because of the fact I don't believe in God. Is this not prgrammed into their brains? This is not something that they would say if it were not for their religion. So religion is part of the reason for Hate.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Too many people looking for something to blame. This will be my last post on this thread. I know, I know wasn't soon enough.

Hombre- American troops die because they believe they are protecting us. Not because of religion. It was the U.S. choice to go to war, and every soldiers choice to join the military. God said to trust him and not to kill.

Im sorry that no one you know could make such a complex world, because I do. I talk with him everyday, and he would like to meet you.

marge6043- If God says to love thy nieghbor, and not to kill, but instead we do the opposite, how is that Gods fault...Its our fault. You sound like the same person that would blame a gun manufacturer for all the shooting deaths, and would probably try to sue God for flood deaths. Only a satanic religion would tell anyone to hurt someone else, or for anyone of us to judge another and condemn those that go against us. Truth is that there is good and there is evil. Good says: love thy nieghbor, and evil says: protect yourself and kill those that oppose you.

hecate- Gods rules are simple, so much so that we instinctivly know them from the time that we are small. Read the ten commandments. God made things very clear that we should watch out for wolves in sheeps clothing, and not to follow the false prophets. He told us the right way and said if anyone comes and says otherwise, not to believe them. Again, its our own fault.

Hombre: Yes God made lucifer, he was a beautiful angel, and was the most powerful in Gods ARMY. The devil got mad because God made man, and gave man a soul. Lucifer was jealous, mad, hurt, and now found hate. All he has been trying to do since is to destroy us, and because of our fall in the garden, God has allowed us to be tested. Read JOB from the bible. I think what we fail to realize is that there is a war in heaven, because of us, and because of all of the bad emotions. Satan wants to wipe us away. Its the whole reason things are as they are.

Now about the apes (hehehehe). You all need to watch more discover t.v. Apes and chimps alike fight all the time, and if a ruling member really offends the females of the group, they will get together and bludgen to death that leader and elect a new one. This is like a coup in our terms. Apes are animals and they act exactly that way.

If no one gets anywhere with this thread, I hope you will at least take a look at the story of JOB in the bible. Need a bible and I will send you one, but if for no other reason than to say you did, Please read it.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by popeye0314
Hombre- American troops die because they believe they are protecting us. Not because of religion. It was the U.S. choice to go to war, and every soldiers choice to join the military. God said to trust him and not to kill.

Now about the apes (hehehehe). You all need to watch more discover t.v. Apes and chimps alike fight all the time, and if a ruling member really offends the females of the group, they will get together and bludgen to death that leader and elect a new one. This is like a coup in our terms. Apes are animals and they act exactly that way.

The US troops are dying because of Religion. If it was not for the Muslims beliveing what they believe they would not have suicide bombers. Without their religion they wouldn't have the devotion or courage to even attempt to kill themselves wether it benefits themselves or their people who worship with them.

CHIMPS ARE APES. Ape is just a word that discribes all ape like creatures. Well Chimps falls under this heading just so everyone knows. Also getting together with your own group to kill someone in your group does not classify as War. This is an instictive act. They are trying to ensure their survival or their DNA just like all other species. The Wars humans have with each other have nothing to do with passing on Genetic Material. War doesn't ensure the survival of a species. If you think about it, It reduces this potential because they will be less people. And As of right now there are plenty of humans out there to pass on their genetic material. We are over populated as it is. So I'm pretty sure our species will survive.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The only reason for war, is control of energy and energy sources. Religion is sometimes used to control energy sources and keep it in the hands of the few. Now the media is being used in the same way religion was being used since the beginning of civilization.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join